It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DisInfo agents, bogus members posting threads...why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Inevitably there will always be those who create accounts on ATS for less than sincere interest in alternative news or conspiracy theories. I'll go ahead and disregard the bored pimple faced teenagers looking for a giggle and focus on the others... My question to you guys is 'why?'

Lately, I've noticed more and more pop up. Typically their threads and posts stick out like a sore thumb. It's obvious there is no real interest in the topic, and by and large the posts are quickly thrown together or even incoherent. What's confusing is many of these bogus members aren't posting out of this world claims for attention, or other obvious reasons.

Are they phishing attempts? Profiling? Gauging members interest in a topic?

Does it have something to do with the 2012 popularity?

What gives????

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Would the 'bacon' guy be one of them?

Yea I think it's safe to assume 2012 brought a few in since every other thread seems to be on the subject.

I wondered how many we lost right after the elections. People who where just here to stir it up.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Because, it makes people's skin crawl so much that they will make a thread to complain about them. That what the circle of life is all about.... I think.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I've noticed three threads started in the last 24 hours that were hastily thrown together with little to no content. The posters were all brand new members who hit their post count and started a thread. The mods have done a good job closing them down. I wish I could name names but I can't. Anyways, I'm curious what the purpose for these threads are? There seemingly is no point, but why go through the trouble? Bizarre.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You guys are talking about me again.
I guess it's time for me to move along.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I think its a technique to get peoples brains to turn off.
So I'll say this in relation to 2012.

First clue is that I referred to a whole topic of differing opinions with a date.

Step 1) combine many ideas you want not thought of, mixed with ideas you know are bogus, under one banner, 2012.

Step 2) bring interest into the subject. Make sure everyone wants to know more.

Step 3) center this all on a date, and all on negative outcomes.

Step 4) Start disproving most theories involving 2012. Obviously you don't mention those ideas you want to hide, just the Nibirus and elenins here..

Step 5) say "see there is nothing to ANY of this stuff. "

Step 6) gauge the new altered mass opinion. Look for the hold outs and mop up the rest of public interest with silly, dumb looking topics and discussions seemingly in support of these ideas, but something that looks crazy and incorrect.

Step 7) watch as your new army of 2012 debunkers (the very people who started down the rabbit hole) go to work as your ministry of truth in the world. Good little lap dogs.

Step 8) wonder just how many people still know that this was never about the world ending in the first place. Revel in the fact you proved your own false ideas wrong, while taking out all evolving viewpoints to the contrary.

Anyone who wonders if mind control is real should read brave new world. One specific mind control is to get people to repeat sayings.. "Nothing will happen in 2012" A nonsensical thing to say, when things happen everyday. The brain is lazy and likes these autobot responses.

There are those who wish to control humanity, but they don't know the time of the skin shedding... This Snake hasn't lost focus on the prize.

Anyone else feel it? It's not one day it's not one event. A path is laid out..

There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift, that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn apart and will suffer greatly. Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above the water. And I say, see who is in there with you and celebrate.

At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally, least of all, ourselves. For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt.

The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!

Banish the word struggle from your attitude and your vocabulary. All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.

WE ARE THE ONES WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

Oraibi, Arizona - Hopi Nation

Source

edit on 12/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

Eh, not complaining. Looking for educated guesses. Do you have a take on it?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have a 'why' question aswell. Why are members calling people disinfo agents when they disagree with their wild conspiracies? Doesn't matter how logical that persons explanation is, if it doesn't support the "conspiracy" they're labeled disinfo agents.

What is disinformation? What does it achieve in spreading it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If everyone on ATS believed everything that was posted, this place would be boring and the whole idea of "reply to thread" would be pointless.

You do realize that this is a social forum that encourages healthy debate?!?

Are you intimidated by me.. errrr i mean the.. Uhhhh... Disinfo Agents?

Be a man. Stand up and quit acting like you are scared of other people.

We.. Uhhh I mean, they have a right to post here.. no?!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I'm with you on the purpose of the DisInfo trolls, what about the rest? The hollow posters that are obviously fake...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
Inevitably there will always be those who create accounts on ATS for less than sincere interest in alternative news or conspiracy theories. I'll go ahead and disregard the bored pimple faced teenagers looking for a giggle and focus on the others... My question to you guys is 'why?'

Lately, I've noticed more and more pop up. Typically their threads and posts stick out like a sore thumb. It's obvious there is no real interest in the topic, and by and large the posts are quickly thrown together or even incoherent. What's confusing is many of these bogus members aren't posting out of this world claims for attention, or other obvious reasons.

Are they phishing attempts? Profiling? Gauging members interest in a topic?

Does it have something to do with the 2012 popularity?

What gives????

I have a theory drawn from the world of advertising. It involves repetition -- a sort of "flooding the airwaves" with messages in order to drown out others. I point to Apple (sorry to any fans out there), as an example of this. Their devices are not really exceptional in most cases (I have better insight into this than probably most of the population) -- not necessarily worse than anything out there, but when you pop these devices open and see "Samsung" and "Intel" and other names on the chips and other components, then discover that iOS is actually a re-write of BSD, etc., and these are sold at a higher price than products from those same competing companies (who presumably make their products just a little bit better for themselves), it becomes obvious that Apple's popularity is due mostly to the way it presents itself -- i.e. marketing.

I don't want to belabor that point, I'm sure there are other examples we can pull if this one offends. Apple is beside the point anyways.

I try to pull out a bit whenever I can, to get a "meta" view of the situation whenever possible.

In the case of Apple, they obviously saw a market. In the case of ATS, I suspect much the same thing.

This could mean that either some topics here are starting to hit a little too close to home (i.e. the truth), or that someone sees the community here as a fertile market that they need to infiltrate. Maybe a bit of both. Either way, it's kind of a positive sign -- something here is worth the effort!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

With the advent of social media, I would postulate that groups of friends may "join" a site just to stir the pot. I wouldn't place too much credibility with these folks. If they stay and contribute?
Great.
If they post a few times and then leave?
No big deal either.

Just my humble. . . .

link   
It's a concerted effort to confuse and confound.

Sometimes I yank on the hook just for the halibut.

link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

I'm with you on the purpose of the DisInfo trolls, what about the rest? The hollow posters that are obviously fake...

I am saying those are one in the same, even if they don't know it themselves.. It's the way ideas spread, outside of a mind. They're like viruses.. These guys have their own virus that seeks to bind to the DNA of free thinking thought spreading Love.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

You missed my point. I'll recap. There have been many new members pumping out their required 20 posts in order to post a thread. Their posts are short and incoherent, or without any real substance. Next, they post a thread which is extremely generic. Like, 'I saw a ufo.' However, they don't post pics, have much at all to say, and then they bounce after a few replies. It's obvious they are hollow posts. The mods have been good about shutting them down. Just curious why they would go through the effort of it all???

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
[SNIP]

Thoughts trying to dismiss a whole discussion, and the stars that follow is case in point to lazy thinking.. Using words like "I disagree because..." could go a long way. The more one dismisses without thinking the less an attention span one has, and the more "these topics" become a "waste of time" "annoying" "asinine"

Peopple can't talk about mind manipulation when it Obviously goes on. One must go into "you just disagree with people they're not ALL disinfo agents..." As if the poster thinks all disagreeing thoughts are disinfo. no one is saying this..

Some people are more preceptive because they wonder about things. Their brain still wants answers, "why all the worthless posts?" This doesn't want one sentence repeated mind programmed answers.. This wants a discussion.. You guys all program each other with laziness..

The techniques used in lazy thinking were already laid out for you.

edit on 12/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Disinformation Agents are Here and are Active , Esp in UFO / Alien Forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Perhaps I should have asked you for permission before I posted this. You could have told me if it was thread worthy or not. Or, I could have followed your esteemed example and just never posted a thread at all, ever. After all, you complain of my contribution, however, you don't contribute at all. I get it, God complex. You are above it all. Thanks for your valuable input.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

You missed my point. I'll recap. There have been many new members pumping out their required 20 posts in order to post a thread. Their posts are short and incoherent, or without any real substance. Next, they post a thread which is extremely generic. Like, 'I saw a ufo.' However, they don't post pics, have much at all to say, and then they bounce after a few replies. It's obvious they are hollow posts. The mods have been good about shutting them down. Just curious why they would go through the effort of it all???

So people that don't follow rules and add useless content are Disinfo Agents?

They go through the effort because now a days people are total losers with no social life except on line. Sad but true. I walk down the street and say hi to someone and they look at me like I am crazy ( please note my handsome profile pic). But online you meet someone once and they don't stop sending you friend requests.

People are so out of touch.

Ever go to the bathroom of a a bar/restaurant and see, "Here I sit lonely hearted, came to crap, but only farted"?!?!? or a scribbling on the right wall that says, "look left" only to look at the left wall and it says, "look right" ?!?!?!?!

Why did someone go through that effort?!?!

It's all relative. We live in a world full of chicken shizzle, yellow belly turds who simply want to scribble on the wall.

Welcome to life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join