It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian rebels set to execute Ukrainian journalist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

NGOs are urging Syrian rebels to release a Ukrainian journalist, Anhar Kochneva, who is set to be executed Thursday. Meanwhile the group behind the kidnapping warned it would now target all Russians, Ukrainians and Iranians on Syrian soil.

RT

This news is certainly breaking at a very convenient time. Russia, in my view, is the one variable that has kept the US from initiating a ground offensive in Syria. With the threat of chemical weapon use on the horizon, Russia has been forced to make a few concessions, with respect to Assad's regime. Now the rebels are picking a fight with them? This may very well strengthen Russia's stance behind Assad. Something smells funny here.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This can't be true.. The FSA are the true freedom fighters of the Syrian people.
No wonder Assad is bombing the crap out of the joint with idiots like this running around.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Terrorists

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
This can't be true.. The FSA are the true freedom fighters of the Syrian people.
No wonder Assad is bombing the crap out of the joint with idiots like this running around.

According to president Obama they are the only legitimate representatives of the Syrian people now.

Muslim on Muslim violence, until they are united by common enemies....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
According to president Obama they are the only legitimate representatives of the Syrian people now.

Muslim on Muslim violence, until they are united by common enemies....

Great, the only legitimate representatives are turning to ransom, kidnapping, murder and torture.. Syrian is certainly going to be the next land of opportunity.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by supertrot

Is this the only source you have op?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Great, the only legitimate representatives are turning to ransom, kidnapping, murder and torture..
reply to post by DarknStormy

I guess that we must give the FSA some learning leverage. The only thing they have done wrong--based on how the US wages war lately--is blatantly ask for money.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

This story just appeared on RT. I am still looking for more info myself.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Is this the only source you have op?

Its definetly real.

AFP - The mother of a Ukrainian journalist kidnapped by rebels in Syria issued a plea Wednesday for her release, a day before the expiry of a ransom deadline that appeared to hold her life on the line.

Ankhar Kotchneva's abductors, who claim to belong to the rebel Free Syrian Army, have said they will execute the young woman on Thursday unless they receive a ransom of $50 million (38 million euros), according to local media.

Since her arrival in Syria in September, Kotchneva -- who is fluent in Arabic -- had made frequent television appearances to defend President Bashar al-Assad's regime, for which she was threatened by rebels, according to a friend quoted in the Russian press.

It seems the Rebels have had a close eye on her because of her defence of Al Assad. But now the ransom to me shows the rebels aren't interested in her opinions about the regime, they are more interested in getting there hands on some cash.. Is this ggoing to be the same fate as the rest of the people they have threatened?

Mother begs for daughters release

There are plenty of sources on the web and this is another from October when the kidnapping took place.

Al Jazeera

"The Russian TV crew she worked for informed us that she had contacted them on October 12-13 and told them she was kidnapped on October 9 and was now being kept by rebels from the Free Syrian Army," Dykusarov said.

The woman was being kept in "satisfactory" conditions, he added, noting Ukrainian diplomats "will do their best" to win her release.

I know I'm not the OP but yeah...

edit on 12-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by supertrot

Great, the only legitimate representatives are turning to ransom, kidnapping, murder and torture..

I guess that we must give the FSA some learning leverage. The only thing they have done wrong--based on how the US wages war lately--is blatantly ask for money.

Explain a bit more please...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to press reply to post the same links.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Sorry about that bud.. There are plenty more which you can hook up though because from what I seen, there are endless stories, reports on this issue. It sort of defeats the purpose of asking for more when they can simply do a search themselves with endless information.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I am very concerned with the way that the US is conducting operations in the Middle East--and especially the shroud of secrecy around them. How many people do we still have detained in Gitmo, indefinitely--without trial? How many have we tortured? How many have we released after years of imprisonment, after determining that they were not a threat. If we are not offering these people a fair trial, we have--in effect--kidnapped them. The US has launched this offensive against al-Qaeda, using drones, ground operations, and other military might. We are systematically killing these perceived boogie men, even within borders that we are not welcome. Bin Laden is a great example. Regardless of what we have been told about his involvement in operations against the west, the man was unarmed; he should have had his day in court. His mysterious burial at sea also leaves many unanswered questions. If the US continues to conduct business in this manner, I cannot help but think that we are kidnappers, murderers, and torturers. Until the world sees some transparency in the way that we conduct ourselves, many people are going to continue to have the same questions as I.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by supertrot

I am very concerned with the way that the US is conducting operations in the Middle East--and especially the shroud of secrecy around them. How many people do we still have detained in Gitmo, indefinitely--without trial? How many have we tortured? How many have we released after years of imprisonment, after determining that they were not a threat.

The thing that really makes my blood boil is the fact that everything you say above is absolutely correct yet now we in the West are happily funding the very same boogyman with different players on the field.. What we are seeing now is the very same tactics used by the initial terrorists earlier in the century. Not so much directed at the West, but being used against the supporters of Assad.. Its like we have turned their focus away from us and put it back on to the the likes of Russia, Iran and any other country who disaprove with our standpoints. Maybe we have sponsored every act they have committed over the last 11 years.. Maybe they were our puppets all along.

If we are not offering these people a fair trial, we have--in effect--kidnapped them. The US has launched this offensive against al-Qaeda, using drones, ground operations, and other military might. We are systematically killing these perceived boogie men, even within borders that we are not welcome. Bin Laden is a great example. Regardless of what we have been told about his involvement in operations against the west, the man was unarmed; he should have had his day in court. His mysterious burial at sea also leaves many unanswered questions. If the US continues to conduct business in this manner, I cannot help but think that we are kidnappers, murderers, and torturers. Until the world sees some transparency in the way that we conduct ourselves, many people are going to continue to have the same questions as I.

The Bin Laden story wil never be solved. But it makes you wonder what Pakistans role was because it is well known that the US and Pakistan do have very good intelligence communications and you would think that those communications would of picked Bin Laden in Pakistan a lot earlier. When did he get there and how without being detected...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

When did he get there and how without being detected...

You are evidently in a better place than I am; I would have stated that sentence as "If he was actually there, how and when did he get there?"

If that was Osama, the Pakistani military leaders--at least--had to know he was there. I, also, find it very hard to believe that the US did not know; or, that they just found out. If the US killed the real Osama, I find it nearly impossible to believe that they disposed of every shred of identifying evidence within hours of his death. I cannot get the thought out of my head that his death came at a very important time for Obama's re-election. Either the US and/or Pakistan knew he was there for some time, and his death was used to boost Obama's ratings; or, the winner of the local "Osama bin Laden look-alike contest" took one for Obama's team. Since his body was immediately discarded, I am leaning towards door number two.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I always come back to this quote from Ahmadinejad when I think about Bin Laden and the way it all panned out. As much as people think he is an oppressive dictator, he certainly does makes some good points.

The US government has invaded Afghanistan to arrest Bin Laden, they probably know where Bin Laden is. If they don't know where Bin Laden is, why did they invade? First they invaded, then they tried to find out where he is, is this logical? Do you think this is logical?

No that isn't logical...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I too am in disbelief that we in the west are openly supporting these terrorists.

It was not more than 3 days ago that the Danish foreign minister publicly declared Denmarks support of the so-called revolutionaries.

And here we see what it is that we really support.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It’s information warfare. The Syrian terrorists are in their own words only targeting “Russians, Ukrainians and Iranian” journalist. They are not targeting CNN, Associated Press, or Murdoch’s NewsCorporation which gives them a very positive press, and also pretty much the reason why they get called rebels as opposed to terrorists.
I’ve already done an earlier thread about it here www.abovetopsecret.com...
However little harm, in extra surface area for this otherwise scarily reported information.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Their killing Russians, you know, the guys helping Assad. Oh, and Iranians.

So, what's the problem?

Russia and Iran are at war with the Freedom Fighters. I much prefer them killing Russians and Iranians than us. If you provide weapons and armor to an enemy, it is an act of war. You just need the balls to go through with it.
edit on 13-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
all this makes one wonder if Osama was actually the good guy after all.
and that is why he was used as a patsy for 9/11

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join