It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida nears 1 million permits for concealed weapons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Florida nears 1 million permits for concealed weapons.

(Reuters) - The number of active concealed weapons licenses in Florida, already home to more owners of such registered weapons than any other U.S. state, is expected to reach the 1 million mark next week, a state official said on Wednesday.

These arent just gun permits, these are concealed carry permits, which means that there are a lot more guns floating around.

Its said that gold and silver sales are an indication of people's confidence in the economy, or lack thereof. I would argue that gun sales are an indication of people's uneasiness with regards to the general stability of the nation.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

2007 Occupational Employment statistics show 36,890 Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers in Florida

(according to www.floridajobs.org...)

27:1 ratio. Those odds to do not favor the police, do they?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Its Christmas, Concealed guns for everybody!

Whats the worst that could happen?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That sounds like a win for Florida's citizens. Good for them, bad for criminals.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I just hope they do a very comprehensive national background report on these morons, in fact there should be an IQ test down here for conceal and carry cause half the people here are running from crimes in other states and have ACTIVE warrants the other half is too dumb to breathe. Good God I am frightened now.

I wonder how many illegals will now have conceal and carry weapons using stolen identities, yes win for Florida.

edit on 12-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well aren't you just a big bundle of joy.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I just hope they do a very comprehensive national background report on these morons, in fact there should be an IQ test down here for conceal and carry cause half the people here are running from crimes in other states and have ACTIVE warrants the other half is too dumb to breathe. Good God I am frightened now.

I wonder how many illegals will now have conceal and carry weapons using stolen identities, yes win for Florida.

Dang - I don't have any crimes in other states I'm running from. That must put me in the other half. I dunno how I've managed to live this long without breathing. Guess I'm just too dumb to die. :-/

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Background checks for CCW permits is a pretty universal concept, most states adhere to concepts like NO domestic charges at all (even misdemeanors), no drug charges, and obviously no felonies. If you are so worried about citizens possessing firearms I would strongly encourage you to move a country more in lines with your view of things such as the United Kingdom, or even Canada however they are more lax on firearms when compared to the brits. That being said perhaps before insulting a heck of a lot of people needlessly you should educate yourself on the topic at hand.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Yeah, what's wrong with you? You don't fit the other posters paradigm I guess. Oh well, I'm sure you'll get over it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Dang - I don't have any crimes in other states I'm running from. That must put me in the other half. I dunno how I've managed to live this long without breathing. Guess I'm just too dumb to die. :-/

I know you were probably born here though, therefore not running from any other state. However half of one half of the other is really an exaggeration, there are intelligent people here and there are those not running from criminal acts it's just few and far between. Don't take it so literal. Lol. I have met some very smart people down here and very nice, but I have also seen a lot of people here that I would'nt have watch my dog much less let near any child lol, just put it this way, in my neighborhood there was one person with some intelligence for a long time than one more moved in, the other neighbors were so dumb...it wasn't even funny and there were several pedophiles (which were supposed to be screened out at our application process) One pedophile finally got stormed by state troopers because he had ACTIVE warrants in California. He left beforfe trial. These are the things that I have dealt with since deciding to move down here. I think we should have been issued passports just to come here! Lol.

edit on 12-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarity

edit on 12-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have no real opinion on this one way or the other even though I reside in Palm Beach County. I do offer an observation, a good portion of my friends have suddenly become disturbingly interested in firearms. As in 80% of their conversations revolve around guns and ammo now....and none can offer any decent reason as to why. One keeps telling me I'm irresponsible for not owning a firearm and keeps trying to give me a loner until I purchase my own.

I don't get it. I grew up using rifles on my Grandfather's ranch, and went to the range with my Dad on a regular basis growing up, but I don't have a burning desire to be armed. Certainly not on the level of my buddies or my wife's friends for that matter.

However I do enjoy getting invited to gun shows. There is always delicious beef jerky, knives, swords, bows, vintage military weapons and other things that interest me there.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm sure theres a large number of those that are government agencies. They need to register just like citizens need to register for concealed permits. Whats the total number of police officers in Florida? FBI, DHS, etc....

Wiki answer police officers in florida = 35,520 in 2009

military personnel in Florida = 109,390 military
edit on 12-12-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig

Background checks for CCW permits is a pretty universal concept, most states adhere to concepts like NO domestic charges at all (even misdemeanors), no drug charges, and obviously no felonies. If you are so worried about citizens possessing firearms I would strongly encourage you to move a country more in lines with your view of things such as the United Kingdom, or even Canada however they are more lax on firearms when compared to the brits. That being said perhaps before insulting a heck of a lot of people needlessly you should educate yourself on the topic at hand.

That's all well and good if they aren't thieves that have stolen another's identity. Along with getting that permit. I have seen it happen. I could just move to another place where there are saner people, some I am sure down here are just follwing the pack (getting the conceal and carries because their friends are) and probably have no clue about handeling said weapons or cleaning it, or safetys...

I'm saying quite plainly this state is very very scary thinking about who could be armed here. I could be in another state and have no problem with people owning concealed weapons, like Arizona or Vermont. South Dakota, you know places where the people are pleasant and not so angry and violent and hiding out from warrants, and just following peers, etc.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I can see a big drop in crime rate going to happen in Florida. Don't pull out a gun if you can't use it though.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Must be nice to have the constitutional right to carry a sidearm granted to you at birth as an American, never-mind conceal and carry, something that honest law abiding gun owners here in Canada have to do illegally if they feel they need to protect themselves out in the public. We don't even have a "castle doctrine law" here in Canada, something that many people are now pushing for since more and more victims of violent crimes are being criminally charged after defending their home or workplace with either a firearm or other weapon. Victims have very little rights here and it all boils down to the lack of a REAL constitution, forget that pile of rubbish so called "Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms", it is in name only and not worth the paper it was written on.

top topics

join