It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cycle of Civilization in 33 Words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just a short vid to show where we came from, what we have and are even now experiencing and the the chains that are slowly but surely coming unbound.

Starting with independence, we are moving close to reclaiming it once again. Hang in there...we will win.

THEY just don't know it yet...

Peace

edit on 12-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Excellent video, and there are plenty of historical examples to back it up. That's why I'm both optimistic and pessimistic -- this cyclical nature of history certainly seems to be well established (so we can look forward to better days), but this cyclical nature of history certainly seems to be well established (it seems that it's bound to happen again in the future).

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by transmundane
reply to post by jude11

Excellent video, and there are plenty of historical examples to back it up. That's why I'm both optimistic and pessimistic -- this cyclical nature of history certainly seems to be well established (so we can look forward to better days), but this cyclical nature of history certainly seems to be well established (it seems that it's bound to happen again in the future).

Agreed.

Too many people actually believe that we are growing as a species. I just can't see it. So much hate, racism, greed, war etc. And we are supposed to be in the age of enlightenment for all. Advancements in science and technology does not mean we are advancing as humans.

It just seems that the closer we get to getting along, we back track to our primitive ways.

Maybe one time a few thousand years from now, we'll get it.

But for now, we'll have our victory to set the stage once again.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
apathy was the funniest one, what they should of done left apathy on the right corner until the realization came up

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think it's going to be like hitting a snooze button a few more times before the species starts on a path of separation into a new one,hopefully more peaceful.

We will restart a few more times before the new man gains a foothold,much like the neanderthals and sapiens.

And who won out in that fight for survival?
edit on 12-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I suppose there's always evolution -- actually growing out of our modern human-ness into something a little more advanced and wise. I don't mean a human-controlled evolution -- the flawed designing the flawed is a bad idea -- but nature seems to have a way of weeding out improved designs over time. That could be the one "out" we have.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Originally posted by BacknTime
apathy was the funniest one, what they should of done left apathy on the right corner until the realization came up

Maybe they just didn't care.

edit on 12-12-2012 by transmundane because: included original quote

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

While pretty and a nice call to action, it is very incomplete and innocent to the point of naïveté. This is a fascinating domain. Worthwhile to read Clare Graves's work to get a deeper understanding on how to really make it happen.

It was very heavy on all the recent bad stuph and a tad trusting that resistance goes that simply into victory. In between you need at least critical mass, shared new values, a lot of skill and discipline, some soul searching that you do not just recreate the same system, good planning, (next I think some aligning with universe, prayer, pick your meme), opportune circumstances, deep courage and trust in each other and then a large amount of luck. Once the victory happens, wisdom, faith and openness to create independance, so you don't end up with something worse.

Read history. All sides. It rhymes.

top topics

join