It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Closing The Vise On Americans Freedom To Travel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are correct. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have a right to privacy.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

That IS also true and as much as I'd like to, I can't deny that's also nothing more than an implied right from the Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness concept.

That's why I lean heavy to seeing the 10th respected. It's a whole lot easier for me as a citizen to have say over who sits in the Capital a hundred miles away than it is to have say over what they do in Washington. I can certainly participate directly as I may choose at the state level and the level of change I want to try and bring is limited only by commitment and ability to make it happen.

It's also a whole lot more logical for red and blue state America to have much more their OWN ideas of how things ought to work, in their own states ....than have either side dictate the way it's going to be to all 50 states as a whole from Washington. Just my two cents...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
DAY late and a Dollar short...the time to do this would have been when they passed the Patriot act removing most of the rights that you should have, but don't.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Where in the world did you get the idea that the TSA was involved?
Unless you have another source that shows a connection with the TSA, then your title is faulty and mods need to edit.

nixie_nox

The title of this thread is perfect and is in no need of intervention from a Mod - and what a ridiculous suggestion that is anyway! Please explain yourself man! Not just for me alone, but for the benefit of all.

I am sure that you did not read the OP's original posting nor did you click the links provided to the reader for purposes of research. And I doubt very much that you even followed the thread in a sincere manner.

In that case you nave no right to make such disparaging comments against either the thread generally, or against the OP in particular.

As a matter of fact - even if you had read and clicked - you still have no right to just barge into this thread in the manner you did without having made any worthwhile previous input - only to be making such impolite remarks.

My advice to you would be to refrain from making any further comments of any kind - disparaging or otherwise - until such time as you have qualified yourself to do so, and are willing to make worthy contributions to the thread.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are correct. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have a right to privacy.

nixie_nox

You are incorrect - as in wrong as rain............Maybe you should research Roe v Wade. The Supreme Court found in favor of a right to privacy as interpreted in the Constitution. The Court declined to adopt the district court's Ninth Amendment rationale, and instead asserted that the "right of privacy, whether it be founded in the Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action, as we feel it is, or, as the district court determined, in the Ninth Amendment's reservation of rights to the people, is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy.

See here for more scholarly proof - From Supreme Court - Landmark cases - Roe v. Wade (1973)

In a 7-2 decision written by Justice Harry Blackmun (who was chosen because of his prior experience as counsel to the Mayo Clinic), the Court ruled that the Texas statute violated Jane Roe's constitutional right to privacy. The Court argued that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws and cited past cases ruling that marriage, contraception, and child rearing are activities covered in this "zone of privacy." The Court then argued that the "zone of privacy" was "broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." This decision involved myriad physical, psychological, and economic stresses a pregnant woman must face.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The technology and the methods of controlling the people to a greater than ever before degree has already been worked out and is in production or use.
There will be absolutely NO freedom of the kind we were used to in less than a decade....
if you do not wish to stand and be counted, you will definately be forced to kneel for it.......
get off you knees!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The technology and the methods of controlling the people to a greater than ever before degree has already been worked out and is in production or use.
There will be absolutely NO freedom of the kind we were used to in less than a decade....
if you do not wish to stand and be counted, you will definately be forced to kneel for it.......
get off you knees!

Its here - and its here in a very big way - this is a massive dragnet that includes everyone in the former United States of America.

This just in posted by InfoWars.com U.S. Terrorism Agency to Tap a Vast Database of Citizens

Top U.S. intelligence officials gathered in the White House Situation Room in March to debate a controversial proposal. Counter-terrorism officials wanted to create a government dragnet, sweeping up millions of records about U.S. citizens—even people suspected of no crime.

Not everyone was on board. “This is a sea change in the way that the government interacts with the general public,” Mary Ellen Callahan, chief privacy officer of the Department of Homeland Security, argued in the meeting, according to people familiar with the discussions.

A week later, the attorney general signed the changes into effect.

Through Freedom of Information Act requests and interviews with officials at numerous agencies, The Wall Street Journal has reconstructed the clash over the counter-terrorism program within the administration of President Barack Obama. The debate was a confrontation between some who viewed it as a matter of efficiency—how long to keep data, for instance, or where it should be stored—and others who saw it as granting authority for unprecedented government surveillance of U.S. citizens.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
They evidently decided to build a police state from the ground up at least a few decades ago. Unfortunately, even peaceful protest is going to be unwelcome. I don't think there's much anyone can do about it. We're talking about the people who own and control the vast majority of the world (Including scientists, computer programmers, engineers, psychologists and so on).

These people do what they want to do regardless of what anyone thinks of it. On the rare occasions that the public realizes a fraction of what's happening and raises any significant protest, they simply use the vast power of the media to muddy the waters and continue on. It's barely even a speedbump.

The completed police state will appear to be for our own good. Most people will believe it's all necessary. Anyone who opposes it in any way will be a criminal and everyone will be against them. And they will all believe they're doing the right thing. Either that or they will be too scared to say anything different.

It's going to get a lot worse than just black boxes. It's going to become more overt as people become used to it and more accepting of it. A public that can get used to being x-rayed in the airport has enormous potential for acclimatization. When they finish with the process of making people believe insane security measures are necessary for Wal-Mart or the local mall, I guess we'll see what they have in mind for those locations. Will it be pat downs and x-rays? Will it be a mandatory ID that can be scanned and they know everything about you so they can supposedly tell you won't be a threat to the other people in the mall?

What is relatively certain is that the "security" blanket is going to spread out to other areas where it isn't already. I frankly don't really understand what they hope to accomplish by keeping so many harmless people under constant surveillance. We can only hope it's just their paranoia and not something more sinister.
edit on 14-12-2012 by BrianFlanders because: Changed a few words for clarity

edit on 14-12-2012 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Love or Hate Alex Jones, this is a really disturbing broadcast where he interviews a TSA employee who is willing to whistlblow about just how corrupt and "evil" this TSA agency is becoming BY DESIGN......the TSA employee actually says in this interview that the decent TSA employees unwilling to be aggresive bullies are being weeded out and replaced by "criminals".

Now if you even enter an airport to pick someone up your body, purse, car...etc. is subject to search even if your not flying or beyond the gates,,,,it's such a gross abuse of power, and basically you need to be willing to go to jail to fight against it anymore...

Over the summer I flew with my father from the west coast to the east coast in the USA, and I asked or "challenged" the TSA employee WHY she was making everyone, with few exceptions, go through the X-ray machine as opposed to the metal detector? Well, she didn't like this one bit and snapped at me that it was at HER discretion to decide who gets X-rayed, and if I didn't like it she would call out a supervisor and I could get a body search instead.....REALLY ? My Dad got so upset I backed down for his sake....but I will NEVER submit to this again without a fight, lol, I will give fair warning to anyone I fly with that I'm willing to cause a scene next time these "thugs" get in my face.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I have yet to speak to a single person who is willing to admit - even in the slightest degree - that the United States of America is a full blown police state, and that the police state tactics of the TSA are modeled after the Nazi Brown-shirts. Like the citizenry of pre-war Germany, the Americans have permitted themselves to be psychologically and physically imprisoned by the powers of the state, thereby entering of their own free will, into various states of stupefaction = astoundment, confusion, consternation, dumbfoundment, perplexity, confoundment, and finally stupor - they have become stupid. These are all signs of disorientation and bewilderment much like we see in the behavior of persons having been subjected to a cult. Bear in mind that all adult cult members have entered into subjugation by their leader voluntarily, therefore allowing themselves to fall under the hypnotic spell of another.

Even though the American people have been subjected to a host of mind-controlling techniques implemented and set into action by the powers that be, this has all been accomplished because the people allowed it to be so, and they continue to allow it - they have voluntary entered into an evil satanic pact with those who govern over them. Without the passive submission of the average American these police state tactics on the part of the TSA would never have been allowed, but the people have permitted them to have undue authority over them, so now they have been stupefied into obedience - all through their own fault. This all reduces down to one thing to, to one word - stupidity!

The American people are in a stupor, and have allowed themselves to fall under the hypnotic spell of another. The word stupid comes from the Latin verb stupere, for being numb, and stupefied as in "to dull the senses and/or faculties," and is related to stupor.

PS - I will go into the reasons for this in my next posting on the subject.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join