It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obtaining a weapon in the mecca of gun control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

What the problem is, that for self defense, you get more than your assailant if he gets caught. There was a guy, restaurant owner, kids, family. Guy was legal as prozac. He had a licensed gun too. One night, two guys broke into his restaurant(where he also happened to live).
Guy grabbed his gun and started emptying the mag at them. One got killed, the other injured. Guy went to call the police and the ambulance, so you could guess he did what in the earth he could do.
He is currently serving a 15 year prison sentence.
And this isnt unheard of at all. When you get attacked on the street, and you successfully defend your life, whatever you do, aint even talking about killing your assailant(that way, you face a good decade in the jail) the court will rule it as overacting(or whatever it is called), and you go to jail.
It is in the atlanta declaration that the same psychological profile generally applies to both the criminals and the lawyers, and judges. They live on the misery and suffering of ordinary men, thus they sympathize more with the criminals, thus they generally get it easier than joe sixpack who never would do criminal deeds in normal circumstances.
Still, Id rather defend myself with teeth and claws and get sit, than just call the police and pray for whatever god I believe exists.
Problem is that either way, the law enforcement is completely unaccountable.
Thugs come, kill you, run away, they couldnt do nothing, because you did not call them.
You call them, I am sure the press will be happy to overlook this fact.
They have no obligation to do squat.

One more interesting story. For it, you got to understand that there is a signifanct minority of hungarians, they are called the gypsies. They are mostly descendants from indian exiles, who wandered for generations thru the lands. When the borders got set, their most got stuck here, and it wasnt good. I am sure there are respectable of them, who try to make do, but 99 percent is just violent mob with criminal intent. Now the story goes that on a hot summer day, at the public pool, a gang of them started packing the bags poolside into a black trashbag, like that is the naturalest thing. An old lady jumped them, tore open the trashbag. Just as they were about to slice up the woman, a sizeable crowd gathered, and tackled them. Someone called the police, said a gypsy gang started looting people in the pool. Sat them down, to wait the police, which never came.
After four hours, they said theyd better be going now.

There is an odd story of another man of the same kind, was walking thru the city at day, with a 150 centimetre long sword on his shoulder. He got on a bus, which was crowded. I dont know the exact story, but it goes like, brother was tired, wanted to sit, and an elderly person wasnt too keen on giving away his seat. Needless to say, that a certain stabbing object went right thru his chest, and the faux leather seating.
It isnt about how he did or did not get prosecuted, it is about how in broad daylight, in a country where you get busted for a blade longer than 8 centimetres(shame is the way I got to hide my khukri in my leather jacket) a guy carries a longsword for none can say how long, and not a single soul does a thing.

I have the occasional first hand experience on how the police hightailed over the speed limit when they saw a guy almost getting hacked open in the street, and a rather funny one where some little kid wandered right into a construction site, and got crunched by a bobcat. Guy was found dead the next day, or rather his head, impaled on the top of the truck.

But the most significant was about a year ago. Some jock went into his school, shot a schoolmate and injured three with an unlicensed smg. Immediately, the press started screaming gun control. The ever loving government issued an edict, that a licensed hunter can possess only two firearms, and in a safe locker in his hunters lodge and can only use it under the supervision of cameras, and security personnel, and on a shooting range. Needless to say, almost none of these usually can be found in a hunters lodge.
I guess you cant stricten the laws any longer, but this is darn ridiculous.

Appy-polly-loggies for the wall o text.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join