It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flaming fire ball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
this story happened many years ago,1975 i believe,myself and several friends were enjoying a nice autumn afternoon when we saw what we thought was a shooting star.this shooting star which appeared to be bluish red in color seemed to go down behind a hill not far from where we were.we piled in our cars and headed for the"crash site",when we got to the area of impact we found that it had not crashed at all but was hovering low to the ground.as we aproached in our cars this "thing" seemed to rise a bit and take off.mind you it seemed to be sphereical in shape and engulfed in flame,it was low enough to the ground that a person could see the flames licking the exterior.we gave chase,the "thing" moved away from us ,still low to the ground,but obviosly manouvering up down,left right.we chased it over country roads til we finally lost it.later that night we saw on the news that a russian satelite had expearianced a decayed orbit and gone down in canada via the pacific north west. many people had called in concerning this "ufo" but not to worry,it was just a crashing satelite.this obviously was not a satelite,yet i can now find no record of this ever happening,anybody out there whitness this?or something simular?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i think it was just a "ball lightning" or "spherical lightning" phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i would like to add that i am quite serious with this story,ive told it only one other time and the laufter still echos in my mind.hopefully one of you can help me with this.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
ive seen ball lightning,this was not it.this was large,small house size.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by factor352
ive seen ball lightning,this was not it.this was large,small house size.

whoa.. could you see details, or was it solid light?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
yea i've seen something like that before, though not to the extent of what you and your friends had witnessed. i dont think a ball lightning would stay around long enough for them to drive over the hill and still see it hovering. i'd say that you surely have seen somewhat of a phenomenon. as for what? who knows. perhaps you could keep an eye out for any future occourances? dfh out.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
no,there were no details to be seen.in fact there were no propulsion flames,or any sign of engines.it was basically a round ball on fire that navigated!i have no explanations,what bothers me most is that i can find no information on this.it was on the news,you would think i could google up something.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
if you happen to see it next time throw something (ie: a stone) at it or point at it with something you have (ie laser pointer) and see if it reacts.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ball lightning wouldn't fit the description...as it is too small, and only lasts at most a few minutes....hardly long enough to drive over to it and still see it...

As to another explaination, supposing the story is true, I can think of no normal one.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Was it dark?

If so it could have been one of those handgliders that everyone has been reporting recently, if it was night time then this is what you probably saw.

If not then without a picture i doubt you will get a good explanation, it will remain as a mystery to you.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
> it seemed to be sphereical in shape and engulfed in flame,it was low enough to the ground that a person could see the flames licking the exterior.

Many people have reported sighting of spheres like this only without the flame. The fire is most likely the result of the impact with air as they enter the atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i dont beleve this i few days ago i was reading a book, and that is a bloody passage from it, in the terms and conditions it says that you can only post things that are true, i could report you and your ip addres would be banned

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
area51hazard. it will be very hard to look into your accusation without at least having the title of the book that you were reading. You can't accuse someone of lying without proof to back it up.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
what passage are you refering to? i was just telling of an experiance that happened to us way back in 1975.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
also,if you can come up with this passage i would be VERY interested. it could mean someone has seen something simular to what we did.

top topics

join