It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hug a Satan worshiper day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sounds crazy doesn't it?
I'm not a worshiper at all, Satanic or otherwise, so this is a totally unbiased opinion based on historical data. Our perception of Satan worshipers is based on their portrayal in movies and television, goat leggings, virgin sacrifice and grave robbing. When was the last time you heard about them killing Christians or any other opposing religious group? Probably never, because it doesn't happen. When was the last time you heard about Christians, Muslims etc. killing or any other opposing religious group? Probably within the last week right?
Let's make tomorrow "Take a Druid to lunch day".

edit on 12-12-2012 by Trublbrwing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Hug a Satan worshiper day.

So, basically, go to your local high school and find all the teenagers who know who Anton Szandor Lavey is.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ill wear my free hugs shirt.

All in favor of making trubl head of the holiday planning comittee say I.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Satan is a christian-made characterization of an archetype.. It always confused me why someone would worship "Satan", because that would mean that they acknowledge and believe in the Christian god and biblical history. I think it's bewildering that there would be any large number of people that have their beliefs based on being anti any certain religion.

Unless of course we're talking about the more ancient God that Christianity turns into "The Devil".. The Pagan God, Egyptian God etc, but that's not the same thing as a "Satan Worshiper". I wonder if Satan Worshipers are mostly a christian creation of a "boogeyman" to scare their followers.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Sounds crazy doesn't it?
I'm not a worshiper at all, Satanic or otherwise, so this is a totally unbiased opinion based on historical data. Our perception of Satan worshipers is based on their portrayal in movies and television, goat leggings, virgin sacrifice and grave robbing. When was the last time you heard about them killing Christians or any other opposing religious group? Probably never, because it doesn't happen. When was the last time you heard about Christians, Muslims etc. killing or any other opposing religious group? Probably within the last week right?

Texas Satanist Carves Pentagram in Son's Back on 12-12-12

Meanwhile, my Christian boy and I will attend church this evening and pray for the world. We will fellowship with kind people. We will give to the Lottie Moon Missions offering to feed starving children and minister to hurting people around the world.

Lottie Moon Offering
Pray, Go, Give and Lead. It's what Christian ministry is all about.

edit on 12-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

12-12-12 is a holy day for Satanist? What happened to the whole 13 stuff? Anyway, people are people. religions are masks. Sometimes there is a beautiful person behind the mask, sometimes it is a horrible person. Why have a mask at all? If you are gonna do what you're gonna do anyway, why use religion to hide your true face?

There are people that says they don't do "this" or "that" because now they are a "Christian" and it was bad for them. Well if they wanted to stop, they could have also became a Hindu or Buddhist to let go of the addiction, there are many methods. If you don't want to do something, then you don't want to - if you don't like something then you don't like it - no need to hide behind a religion.

By the way, I believe that the most important morality comes from compassion/mercy, so it is possible to teach this wisdom without religions...

As for hug a "Satan worshiper" day. Why not just call it "hug a person day"? Let the fact that we are humanity be enough rather than digging into their belief(s)...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Anyone worshiping the biblical Satan, is just a mixed up Christian.

It's just like anyone worshiping any of the characters in Hinduism; Ganesh, Kali, Vishnu, Krishna, Hanumon, or any other, is a Hindu.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Sounds crazy doesn't it?

Yeah millions of people have died in the name of God , I think only 11 have died in the name of Satan

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I like hugs...does it matter if I worship nothing at all? Or, do I have to worship satan to get a hug?

I would still like a hug....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
Satan is a christian-made characterization of an archetype.. It always confused me why someone would worship "Satan", because that would mean that they acknowledge and believe in the Christian god and biblical history. I think it's bewildering that there would be any large number of people that have their beliefs based on being anti any certain religion.

Unless of course we're talking about the more ancient God that Christianity turns into "The Devil".. The Pagan God, Egyptian God etc, but that's not the same thing as a "Satan Worshiper". I wonder if Satan Worshipers are mostly a christian creation of a "boogeyman" to scare their followers.

I've always been a little confused about that one, apparently "Lucifer" means light bringer and believe it or not there is a tomb directly under Saint Peters named Tomb U aka Tomb of Lucifer. So much bs has built up over the years it's almost impossible to know the truth about historical or manufactured truth.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
I like hugs...does it matter if I worship nothing at all? Or, do I have to worship satan to get a hug?

I would still like a hug....

As long as you're not a Jehovah's Witness, that's where I draw the line, those folks are spooky.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
"My religion is better than yours"

/thread.

new topics

top topics

join