It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean satellite 'tumbling out of control,' US officials say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The object that North Korea sent into space early Thursday appears to be “tumbling out of control” as it orbits the earth, U.S. officials told NBC News.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

Suspected this, even though in my other thread shown below, I stated that it would successfully reach orbit. Mainly because I read sources online stating they had Russian and Iranian help.

If this crashes in a public place, it would cause big havoc!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

UPDATE! Track it live here: n2yo.com...
edit on 12-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The object that North Korea sent into space early Thursday appears to be “tumbling out of control” as it orbits the earth, U.S. officials told NBC News.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

Suspected this, even though in my other thread shown below, I stated that it would successfully reach orbit. Mainly because I read sources online stating they had Russian and Iranian help.

If this crashes in a public place, it would cause big havoc!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the way my weeks going i bet it crashes on my house..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
hmm tumbling out of control happens when you are poorly made or when hit by a missile..
likely both.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
UPDATE! Track it live here: n2yo.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Like socks in a dryer.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Out of control would suggest there ever was any control intended or possible to begin with. Perhaps since this was launched as a surprise to begin with (I don't recall anyone mentioning orbital insertion....anyone else?) then we may be reading entirely too much into it.

Perhaps it's just meant to Sputnik around and around awhile then tumble down onto the head of some poor unsuspecting schmuck by pure chance and happenstance of where it feels like falling.

Hey...Where is that satellite that's suppose to capture and help deorbit defunct ones? Was that just a one shot try to test it or is that something up there to help with these little misadventures by the lesser nations? (Yeah...it's a condescending tone. Nothing better has been earned by a nation that does stupid on a scale like this)
edit on 12-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
hmm tumbling out of control happens when you are poorly made or when hit by a missile..
likely both.

Maybe it was hit by a poorly made missile!!
Everything in the US is made in China ya know.

I wonder if it was the US and the super duper special secret mini shuttle we got.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sounds like the X-37B is doing it's job.

Is this that "kill Shot" I've heard about?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It looks as through it's orbit will take it off the East Coast.

The CT in me finds that.... convenient.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Does anyone on here know if this satellite was to have a nuclear reactor powering it and a warhead was used to destroy it, could it create a Electro Magnetic Pulse big enough to affect whatever country it was over or near?
edit on 12-12-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Out of control would suggest there ever was any control intended or possible to begin with. Perhaps since this was launched as a surprise to begin with (I don't recall anyone mentioning orbital insertion....anyone else?) then we may be reading entirely too much into it.

Perhaps it's just meant to Sputnik around and around awhile then tumble down onto the head of some poor unsuspecting schmuck by pure chance and happenstance of where it feels like falling.

Hey...Where is that satellite that's suppose to capture and help deorbit defunct ones? Was that just a one shot try to test it or is that something up there to help with these little misadventures by the lesser nations? (Yeah...it's a condescending tone. Nothing better has been earned by a nation that does stupid on a scale like this)
edit on 12-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I don't get it either, why'd they also say Thursday. The mainstream showed a rocket up and away and then all fally down?? ...In edit I do now see a reference to a weather satellite launch.
edit on 12-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Does anyone on here know if this satellite was to have a nuclear reactor powering it and a warhead was used to destroy it, could it create a Electro Magnetic Pulse big enough to affect whatever country it was over or near?
edit on 12-12-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

That's a sobering scenario. All tinfoil philosophy aside, I'm sure some executions will be taking place.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Tracking is down for me.

Anyone else?

Nevermind it's back

edit on 12/12/2012 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Is it just my eyes or does that bad-boy look to be losing altitude, if so, are there any stats. as to its re-entry time? East Coast where?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well let's hope it does not hit anything else up in orbit or when it comes down. Whatever it is seems to be dropping pretty rapidly. It is probably just a big chunk of concrete or some other piece of nonfunctional junk that is the approximate size of a warhead.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chansi3

Is it just my eyes or does that bad-boy look to be losing altitude, if so, are there any stats. as to its re-entry time? East Coast where?

no its not your eyes.. it appears its loosing altitude, slowly but surely

its 580.54 now and going down fast
edit on 12-12-2012 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
yep, around .02km per second, and it doesnt stop!

581km altitude / .02 = 29050
29050/60 = 484
484 / 60 = 8.

I'm not up to date on my astrophysics, should that be happening?

I put it at 8-9hrs until its 0.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chansi3

I'll be the first to admit I know NOTHING about this stuff, but it definitely looks to me too like its headed for the East coast, coincidence? (probably not)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

My thoughts exactly....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Either that, or their gyroscopes have a little label on them saying "Made in China"

Methinks "Made in China" is more likely, though, N. Korea, I'm sure, is entirely capable of fabricating entirely unreliable and cheap shoddy equipment too.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join