It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield biofoam being developed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
www.technewsdaily.com...
Now this is very interesting a bio foam injected directly into the body cavities that halts bleeding for at least an hour ,I have been reading about this stuff for years now but ot in science journals but in the books based on the Halo series where the marines and wounded soldiers in the Halo universe inject biofoam into wounded squad mates in order for them to survive and make it to a field hospital ,so this is a case of science fiction becoming science fact I think it is awesome.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Very interesting but it sounds like Great Stuff for the human body. I hope it works as advertised though, would help out our soldiers a lot.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i first come across this idea on halo odst.
i though oh cool but it made me think about the likelyhood of bits of the solid foam breaking off and entering the blood stream.
something like this being perfected for standard daily use would be awesome though.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They used in in Blade 3 when Hannibal got hit.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
Very interesting but it sounds like Great Stuff for the human body. I hope it works as advertised though, would help out our soldiers a lot.

good one!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Turns out that 20 years into the future, and soldier who has this used on has a nerve disorder and diabetes that he has passed onto his kids.
Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Probably...

But the alternative is being dead...so....use prudently?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

how do you pass a nerve disorder or diabetes caused by a foam onto your decendants?

You have a highschool diploma right?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

Good find... S & F to you.

It amazes me that science fiction is slowly becoming science reality.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

Thanks I am always on the lookout for new stuff although I hope to hell that I am never on the receiving end of a can of this stuff as I can imagine how painful it would be to have it expanding and sealing wounds inside a person still it's better than bleeding out....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Pretty awesome, though as far as this kind of material being used in Sci-Fi... predates blade and Ringworld... ahem, i mean halo by a long long long long way. It is good to see a hint of the "OMG anything you put in your body that isnt natural is going to give your children and children's children some hideous illness" even before they know anything at all about it. Im sure this potentially life saving foam will be the subject of government conspiracy...

Ill wait for the
"Biofoam is a method of mind control/population supression/giving you super aids by the government" post with great antici

----pation

Yeah yeah i know Ringworld and Halo are totally different stories also, think a few times before reading Ringworld, the ideas are good, the character development and plot however are not, sorry Larry, it reads like you wrote it from the perspective of someone who has not spoken to anyone in 30 years.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Cool! Neat stuff.

But, PLEASE, OP, I'm begging you here, familiarize yourself with the key just to the right of the comma and to the left of the slash. It makes a period, which is used to mark the end of sentences. Your writing would be drastically more readable were they in there in the right places.

top topics

join