It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really that special?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've never typed a rant before, so I'm going to lay one down and see where it goes. I'm sitting here watching Rude Tube on TV and occasionally glance on to ATS to see what's going down, and now I'm thinking about me, how lucky I am to be sitting on a sofa, on my smartphone on the internet having a moan, to the man who is my counterpart, age and aspirations probably cowering awaiting the next missile to strike, or gunman to go on the loose, or waiting for enlightenment. Then I look at the country I'm in, the UK. We moan because we can, but do not have it as bad as most.
Then I look at Europe, then the world. But hang on, we're past that. We're on Mars.... We're at the outer solar system. I think of the solar system and its bounties it may hold. Then there's' our galaxy, and the galaxy next door, and the space that the galaxies are contained. What contains that space? And what contains that space?
Now realising quite how I'm just an insignificant little s#£t. Who are we to believe we are the only ones in this 'space' ? And how the hell do we know how it all works, truly. We have theories and pockets of information where we try and understand how it works. Yet everyday we're learning more. But a asteroid can narrowly miss us just given two hours notice of its existence.
At the end of the day we are all the same bags of water, no matter what colour or beliefs or whatever. Wherever we came from, how we came to be, we are all the same. We put our trusts into the selfish men who only fantasise of being ever more powerful. The same men who can end our existence right now. But so can the solar system. And so can the galaxy. I'm not justifying my existence, but I am because I am. I'm an insignificant little s#£t plundering on trying to make a difference in my own little world.
Can I wish my fellow insignificant little s#£ts a very Happy Christmas, and a New Year full of hope and more questions. So we can rise out of being insignificant, and even if the galaxy, solar system or the selfish men end it all for us. Remember, we are who we are at the end, in our own worlds. Rant over

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbieK

Yes ok..

But we are not the same. I had a problem with your post using the word WE. I don't support society, and have only used it as a means of survival. I don't have a phone, I don't watch TV, I don't participate except in this one forum.

I have never had self importance about "Life" Only about consciousness, and the things I can choose to do. the rest of you can do your thing to.

Meanwhile Joe Rogan has something to say on this..
Search Youtube "Joe Rogan || Rethink your life || HD (Original) " I won't link it here for language content. It's a really good message though.

It's all perspective, but I am playing my own game. Consciousness.
edit on 12/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbieK

Once everyone realizes we are just bipedal meat sacks, we will all be much better off.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Carlos Castaneda

"All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. However, a path without a heart is never enjoyable. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy - it does not make a warrior work at liking it; it makes for a joyful journey; as long as a man follows it, he is one with it."

So there is a point, but there isn't a point. Reducing oneself to nothingness doesn't solve the issue exactly.

Carlos Castaneda

"Our normal expectations about reality are created by a social consensus. We are taught how to see and understand the world. The trick of socialization is to convince us that the descriptions we agree upon define the limits of the real world. What we call reality is only one way of seeing the world, a way that is supported by social consensus."

Quotes from various books I have read, but found here for quoting Source

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by RobbieK

Once everyone realizes we are just bipedal meat sacks, we will all be much better off.

So you can be a meat bag.

I'll be that I AM.

I wouldn't treat a meat bag with any kindness. Id chop it up and cook it on the grill. Don't be JUST a meat bag.

It's a good thing to realize, but moving past that, you have to make a choice.

What do you want to see?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We're really not all that special.

We just think we are solely because we can indeed think about it.

Otherwise, we're just a bunch of animals squabbing about, fighting and fornicating on our tiny little fleck of Goldilocks dust that's all in all fairly insignificant in comparison to the scale of the Universe.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Thank you for your take, its appreciated. And understood that we are all individuals in our own worlds. With our own beliefs and followings, consciousness. Like I said in the original post, it was just a rant, and it served me well. Selfish maybe, but its my take. And along with yours, and everyone else's. When I said 'we', I was bringing it down to the fact of biology that in the end the way I get vaporised in an atom bomb is the same way every single other human being on this planet will vaporise. In that aspect, despite everything, we are the same 'bags of water'. That's all I meant

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobbieK

Thank you for your take, its appreciated. And understood that we are all individuals in our own worlds. With our own beliefs and followings, consciousness. Like I said in the original post, it was just a rant, and it served me well. Selfish maybe, but its my take. And along with yours, and everyone else's. When I said 'we', I was bringing it down to the fact of biology that in the end the way I get vaporised in an atom bomb is the same way every single other human being on this planet will vaporise. In that aspect, despite everything, we are the same 'bags of water'. That's all I meant

I understand. I agree. I use many filters to view the world, so no ONE definition is to my liking for any length of time. I understand the humbling nature of your thought patterns. I hope more go through this, but all paths lead nowhere... May as well take all of them. This is my fascination with consciousness, as the one game I consistently play.

I don't want people to think it's ultimately meaningless, just that it may have no automatic given primary source meaning. I think the chance of experience and even the chance of death make life real and worth something.

Bill Hicks comes to mind here..

"Is there a point to all this? IS there a point? Let's make a point... " continues...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, I don't think all men are the way you described. Also, you choose your mate, so there must be a reason that you are attracted to who you are - other than that, I think your perspective is accurately described!

edit on 12-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I've never thought anyone's life to be meaningless, if anything all the more precious probably. Only a few years ago I was rushed to hospital after a bad spell, to be told that I had to fight Hodgkin's Lymphoma, 2 years after that I get married and fathered twin boys who have just turned 1. My perspective has been bashed and thrown from anger to acceptance and everything in between. To this date I'm glad I'm here. Still in the grand scheme of things, despite my trials and tribulations, I'm still tiny compared to the universe.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbieK

I said people. I didn't mean you. You're obviously on the right track, but many others finding these thoughts may not come through to the logical end there.

Organic Spaceship

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by RobbieK

I said people. I didn't mean you. You're obviously on the right track, but many others finding these thoughts may not come through to the logical end there.

Organic Spaceship

Sorry, I knew what you meant, I'm just not too good conveying what's in mind and tend to float off on another tangent. Enjoyed the video, simple!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbieK

That was a beautiful rant buddy

I went grocery shopping at Aldis yesterday. Got back around 5pm. I hadn't ate all day and had been hungry for the last 3 hours or so. While I was stuffing it all in the fridge and my face with food I was over come with thankfulness. I was hungry for a few hours??!! "GET over yourself ME!!"

I Made my kids come and look at all of the fresh food they had to fill their bellies and reminded them that some have nothing.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too RobbieK

edit on 12-12-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join