It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's wasted intelligence.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I spent several years working as an adult educator (corporate trainer). The biggest thing I took from that experience is the concept of multiple intelligences. This one concept is what has allowed me to identify hidden skills among my employees to a degree that I had previously thought impossible.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I can also understand your point of view on humanity's lost history.
Consider that modern academia believes we have recently developed our civilizations over the past ten thousand or so years. But then the say modern man has been in his current form for about 400 thousand years. Then look at the rates of the ice ages waxing and waning. This leaves the opportunity for at least 30 or so of our civilizations to have come and gone.
It certainly makes one think, No?
In short, my answer would be, yes, it should make people think. Yes to a gaping hole in our ancient history. I would narrow down the number of past "Great" societies to just two. This would be my conclusion from a wealth of global indigenous stories. I think some are intentionally taken out of context to muddy the research waters, but non the less when people around the world tell the same story and only the names change, tells me, it was common knowledge at one time. There may have been lesser societies as you say who have come and gone without leaving a trace, and to me, blatantly probable. Hobbits come to mind.

As for the "other intelligences" I personally have no experience with anything of this nature, not that I am aware of anyway. But that is not sufficient to disregard it.
You, are absolutely correct, in my opinion.

Since you have accepted my standard for intelligence, you accept the following

knowledge of an event, circumstance, etc., received or imparted; news; information.
then I tell you from my own personal knowledge that was imparted, received by me, "other" intelligences are at work here on earth, within mankind. Again, for me, not just possible, but proven, to me. In fact, I give a great deal of credit to this one "other intelligence" for allowing me to see many unseeable things. But that isn't the point here.
The point is, there must be an accounting for not only their actions, inaction's, but those of the other hidden intelligences as well. As I said, how on earth can we ever move forward, when it seems as though our past continually holds us back.

Anything is possible after all. And I don't throw that saying around willy nilly. I have seen some stuff I had not previously believed could happen. I firmly believe that anything is possible.
I defiantly have to agree with you, to an extent. When horses fly. Is it possible for a horse to fly through the air? Yes! As long as you understand the correct context of its flight. Do I speak of mythical creatures given super powers? No. Just put it in its proper context. Possible? Just ask a WW1 veteran if he ever saw a horse fly over his head, you might be surprised. I would bet a few horses were blown into the air by large explosions. Well, that's silly. No, you just saw something entirely impossible proven, when given in the proper context. And that is what our ancient history is all about, putting the bits and pieces of an ancient puzzle in their proper context. And, when these "other" intelligences are also put into their proper context, they too will become just as real. Can I hold our Solar Sun in my hands? No, that, is just silly.

I do agree that things are not as they should be. And logic is the best course of action in unraveling this dirty tapestry.
I'm willing to play the game.
I can not find words to describe our present situation, but upon reading yours, they are perfect. A dirty tapestry, it certainly is.

So how do you salvage "The world's wasted intelligence"? I suppose you try to create that table for those who wish to share.

In closing I would like to quote Albert Einstein. "Today's problems cannot be solved with the level of thinking that created them". Many people jump to the conclusion and assume a higher intelligence level is required to remedy the situations. And, since I contribute much of our present situation to "other" higher intelligences, we ultimately will not find solution through them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well in some countries politics and the country's law and justice system prevent one being able to help for the betterment of human society as a whole not to mention majority of the people supporting those who are already in power that has never done any good and helped very little because they are afraid of change or are uneducated enough to realise that any change is better than no change at all, just keeping changing your life till you hit the right note.... because they are afraid so they dont and thus remain in poverty and the cycle continues generation after generation...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I found this part of your post interesting:

There are also many who do not get the opportunities to use their brains as they should. Plus all those who are wasted due to drugs or other such poor choices.

It reminded of a study that was released last year...

People with high IQs are more likely to smoke marijuana and take other illegal drugs, compared with those who score lower on intelligence tests, according to a new study from the U.K. Read more: healthland.time.com...

“It’s counterintuitive,” says lead author James White of the Center for the Development and Evaluation of Complex Interventions for Public Health Improvement at Cardiff University in Wales. “It’s not what we thought we would find.” Read more: healthland.time.com...

The research was based on interviews with some 7,900 British people born in early April 1970. Researchers measured the participants IQs at ages 5 and 10, then followed up with them at ages 16 and 30, asking about symptoms of psychological distress and drug use as part of a larger survey. Read more: healthland.time.com...

Time

Science Daily

CNN

As you say, there are a lot of intelligent people who are wasted in society. If the gifted were given more guidance and support in their early years, the world would be a much better place. Sadly there is a hell of a lot of wasted talent and tortured geniuses.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I can relate to the article you reference.
If I had known then what I know now, I probably would have not had as much "fun" when I was younger. My brain was a lot more efficient back then.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It's not just that though. Our minds weren't stimulated enough for us to know any better. The potential of humanity is massive but we lack the guidance to let these brilliant minds develop. There are a few rare cases but they are too few.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join