It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are/were your pregnancy cravings :D

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Do pregnant women really have strange food cravings? Take the quiz.
dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Did it got 13 outa 20 not bad for a bloke I think.
I did laugh at the morning sickness one and one of the answers was babies revenge lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
LOL thanks to your mention of grilled cheese and tomato I had to make one on rye while my dinner cooked.

It was a small pre-dinner snack. Dinner takes 45mins to bake so I have some time. It's chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes and lemon pepper green beans. The green beans and mashed potatoes are left over from the other night and the chicken cordon bleu is as well. I had two servings and saved one for later in the week
mmmmm.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have 5 children, including a twin pregnancy....I never had any food cravings but with every pregnancy I had smell cravings! Among them was a craving for the smell of a certain shampoo called Vosene. I would sit in the bath for hours just smelling it out of the bottle and would make frequent trips to the bathroom just to go get my smell "fix"
I always thought I was just weird, but after reading this thread I just googled it and apparently I am not alone in that pregnancy induced vosene smell addiction!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Meatloaf with pancakes and maple syrup!

I know....it's weird;

But, it's what I wanted and it's what I ate!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Veggies. I'd eat bowls and bowls of green beans or peas for the first half of pregnancy. In fact, the extreme craving for the veggies was my first suspicion of my second and third pregnancies.

Then I'd get a sweet tooth in the second half of pregnancy and eat chocolate chip ice cream with crumbled bacon in it. Or, bake some pineapple with butter and brown sugar and eat it for a snack.

On the other hand, the SMELL of popcorn made me gag and throw up, I just could not stand it when pregnant even thought I actually love popcorn on a normal basis. It was HORRIBLE, because at the office where I worked we made popcorn every day, several times a day, for the customers

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Little,sweet gerkin pickles dipped in peanut butter.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I have never actually commented on a post, but I could not resist this one! Congratulations! You are in for the journey of your life! I have only been pregnant once & from the second trimester on I craved Reese's peanut butter cups, jalapeno cheese dip & broccoli, in no particular order. Funny thing was, prior to being pregnant I did not like anything spicy and hated broccoli (had eaten it literally twice in my life). It is truly amazing what being pregnant does to you.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Funny I happen to see this thread right now. I just found out I'm pregnant today, and was logging on to get a recipe (with a small detour here) for the crepes I been wanting for a week now.
Ideally, It will be filled with sweetened cream cheese, topped with chocolate and bananas then dusted with powdered sugar (if I still have all that in the pantry)

Congrats OP.
edit on 12-12-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: reword

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
CHEESE. Specifically melted cheese on fried egg whites but just CHEESE in general. And lemonade. But a specific very tart variety of lemonade that thankfully was the exact kind they sold as a fountain drink at work. I had a large every morning.

One of my fondest pregnancy memories was when I was traveling on business and a very sweet hotel waiter got me a glass special because I hadn't had my fix. May he find a place in heaven.

Another fun story: baby daddy and I spent the day laying floor in preparation for selling his condo. Long day and we went for dinner after and as a reward all I wanted was a non-alchoholic beer to top off the hard work of the day. The damned restaurant had NO non- alcoholic beer. The look on my face prompted him to run across the street and buy a six pack. I got my damned virgin beer.

Congratulations, take your iron, rest and great thread!

Edited to add: I had anti-cravings too. I am a big leftovers person but when I was pregnant I wouldn't touch them. I threw so much food away. The sight of anything that wasn't freshly cooked turned my stomach. I also had an aversion to cold cuts.

edit on 13-12-2012 by otherpotato because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was eating balsamic vinegar by the large spoonful with my now 2 year old, now that I think of it, maybe that's why he is such a little spitfire!!

With my first son it was cheesy greenbeans once or twice a day.

Congratulations!! Have fun!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

For me in both pregnancies it was peanuts and broccoli.
second line

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
first child was a boy. i craved shrimp cocktail, perrier water??? and salad with ranch dressing. oh and strawberry yogurt.

i was non stop morning sickness, all day, entire 9 months, with my second and third child. so i ate whatever would stay down. i couldn't drink local tap water. i could only keep mcdonald's water down, presumably because of their filtration on their water. couldn't drink anything made with local tap water either. like coffee, tea, soda, lemonade, etc, if it was mixed with local water. barf.

the food i had the least amount of trouble keeping down with them, was sausage bisquists and gravy. i could also drink orange juice, provided it wasn't mixed with local water. was in utah at the time, no telling what was in the water there, cause we were close to an air force base.

my mom's was the oddest food craving. they would save the coffee grounds during the day and she would eat them at night. thankfully, this was not when she was pregnant with me, cause i have since seen a movie where the woman was preggers with an alien baby and she was scarfing down coffee grounds lol i looked at my sibling in a whole new light after that lol

things that make you go,,,,omygosh my sibling is an alien

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
with my 1st child it was sweet n sour pork + slushies ... i hate sweet n sour pork btw

with my 2nd child it was pineapple donuts ... lots of them .. o was eatm about 3 a day ... neadless to say .. i put on a lot of weight with the 2nd child

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I had been a vegetarian for 12 years. I got pregnant, and all I wanted for 9 months was CHICKEN. Any kind of chicken, cooked any way. Needless to say, I stopped being a vegetarian.

I'm curious if anyone developed a hatred of certain foods during pregnancy that persisted even after the child was born. For example, I was a taco bell fiend before pregnancy, mid pregnancy it made me sick, and to this day 6 years later, I still hate taco bell.
edit on 13-12-2012 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Congrats on your pregnancy ! I had very specific likes and dislikes at different stages of my pregnancy. The first 3 mns I was pretty sick, I craved salads with oil and vinegar and just the smell of fast food made me sick.

The second trimester I craved red meat, very lean, cooked medium rare and fuit, especially oranges.

The third trimester I craved carbs, pasta and bread, I also craved glazed doughnuts......

Good Luck.......

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I loved anything salty or spicy, plus red meat. I think salt and protein are common cravings. For me personally, I specifically craved a lot of McDonald's french fries and jalapenos, but what I absolutely craved the most was....Sonic's foot long chili cheese dogs with cheese, onions and mustard followed by a Cherry Limeade!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Congratulations on your impending little one!

I've been trying for three years now, just found out yesterday the latest attempt was a no go. So I'm very jealous.

Anyway, when I was pregnant, I craved dill pickles. Bought a gallon jar and ate the entire thing over a time span of like two days. Kid you not.

Still like them, too.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I never really experienced cravings, I don't think. But then I wasn't pregnant for long, delivered at 27 weeks

I had pretty awful morning sickness. At the time, I was working in a petrol garage/grocery story combi, and would have to be in by 6am twice a week. Those days we'd have to take deliveries of the days newspapers, and also bake the bread and other bakery goods.
Those days were awful, the smell of the freshly printed newspapers made me feel off, and once the bakery kicked in, chucking up what is normally a gorgeous yeasty bready whiff, that was it - toilet land for me.

I went off Tiger loaf massively (bread baked with sesame oil over the crust, to make it split and has a lovely taste), thai sweet chilli sauce, and my favourite deli meat
The smell of bolognaise sauce made me heave, pepperoni pizza was a no-go. The only thing that seemed ok was prawn cocktail flavoured crisps.

Nope, no cravings, but went off a lot of my favourite foods.
My mother in law said she loved Ribena when she was pregnant, and she drank it to such a degree that now in her mid-fifties, she can't stand to drink the stuff, and even the smell makes her feel ill

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
First born was Whatsits, think they are the same as Cheeto's. Suprised she didn't come out that ungodly orange colour.
Second born, fresh cream chocolate eclairs and curry. Not at the same time though.
The small devilish one required home made bacon and egg muffins daily.

Ah ha! Someone mentioned smell cravings. Yep, freshly laid road tar was heaven all of a sudden.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join