It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria is firing SCUD missiles at the rebellion forces

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravinski

Furthermore, the article says that SCUD missiles can be armed with chemical weapons.

That's my surprised face. I am so shocked and surprised by this... this was absolutely unpredictable. Unprecedented... there was nothing to indicate this news would be popping up any day. OMG the horror. We must bomb them into oblivion at once.

[/sarcasm]

That's my not impressed skeptical face. lol.
edit on 13/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

This is my "not sure what to think of your post face"

So you're not impressed with this particular statement, because you allready expected the use of scud's?

Or because you expected any time soon that Assad would be linked/framed to the potential use of chemical weapons?

Or something else?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I knew it was probably going to be some sort of heavy duty airborne explosives, most likely missiles, or some sort of chemical weapon. But they've blended both possibilities together into one beautiful ball of propaganda. Wonderful stuff. Some one is thinking out of the box.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Why can't the world just let them duke it out? If they can't solve this diplomatically, then it is just a giant waste of money, human lives and resources on evervodys dime.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by canDarian
And that video was released under 24 hours ago.

nope, I posted this on the 10th in another thread -> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Link to the video -> www.youtube.com... - clearly says 'published on Dec 8, 2012'

anyway, old or new - doesn't matter. But IF it's something chemical, I wonder why MSM isn't jumping on it more severely.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Syrian Rebels? Oh you mean the Terrorists a.k.a. Mercenaries who kill innocent people over there

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
here's a video by Anonymous on YouTube about the video we talked about: www.youtube.com...

ETA:

Syria denies using Scuds against rebels
edit on 13-12-2012 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think the talk of Bio weapons come from the ''supposed'' WMD transfer from Iraq in 2003, well we all know what happened, there......

It seems to be a repeat of the build up to Iraq 03 invasion, this goes to show how one tracked the Process of the conflict is and will remain, I wonder who will be first to jump on the wagon.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

What about this?

More car bombs near Damascus

Meanwhile, a car bomb exploded in Qatana, which is near the Syrian capital of Damascus. This next car bomb has cost the lives of at least 16 people, including women and children, while 25 other people have been injured due to the explosion of this car bomb by the Western-backed “Free Syrian Army”.

According to SANA, the Syrian state news agency, seven children are among the victims of this car bomb that was located in a car near a Syrian school in Qatana. Already on Wednesday a series of explosions hit the Syrian village Aqrab and has cost the lives of at least 125 people.

Terrorist tactics once more.

and this also..

FSA supporters, I give you your heroes of Syria...

Warning: The video is very graphic. But it must be shown to see what those terrorists are doing to innocent children in the name of Allah

What you will be shown now is so cruel that it will make you sick. Therefore, a warning to all.

In the video below you can see how the “Free Syrian Army” (FSA) terrorists get a child to behead a handcuffed man with a machete who is lying on the ground.

The head is then shown to the camera while they’re shouting “Allahu akbar!” – one can further see more corpses with severed heads.

This recording should be shown to all supporters of the “Free Syrian Army” (FSA) who still believe that these are good “rebels” and that they only want a democratic transition in Syria and that we should support them and supply them with weapons and money.

Yet a few scud missiles are what everyone is worried about? Look at those cowards... Using children to decapitate people, F#ing sickening.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Unusual weapon to use in a civil war. Scud missiles are notoriously unreliable and not very accurate. As far as i can find the most accurate version is only precise up to 50m. Not a very good missile to use if you're trying to keep friendly civilians safe.

Against a civilian population? I think 50m will do just fine.

But yes, there is hardly time left for an "escalation", with rebel forces already operating in Damascus.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't understand why our country (the Netherlands) is deploying patriot missiles to Turkey.
I mean, this is not our war, we should not get involved if it's not out business.
And why can't turkey protect itself? it has a way bigger military (budget) than the Netherlands, use your own military please.

Our government is cutting back on a lot of stuff, but hey! why not lets get involved in another war?

Holland should really stop trying to be the the little pet of America.

This is not our problem, I think the Netherlands should only get involved when it is truly necessary.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well they need our intelligent patroit defensive rockets agains the scuds because they haven't got the technology to built them.

They are only for protection not for assaults.

If we (the Netherlands) are in trouble and need, Turkey will come to aid us as well if asked.

That's why we have coalitions...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The US is backing the rebels/mercenaries

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragingeagles
The US is backing the rebels/mercenaries

Just about everyone is backing the rebels. And the Russians are now tossing Assad aside. Looks like they will be hoping to to sell weapons to the new post revolution Gov well.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The Russians are distancing themselves from the Assad regime, when they fall the new government will be radical Islamists, they are going to be looking to every nation that sponsored Assad for revenge, and it wont be conventional, the new Syria will be a sponsor of terrorism, and will support proxies and affiliates to achieve their objectives in the region and elsewhere against all enemies and non-muslims.

Syria is going to be such a wonderful new place when they are finally "liberated"

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Why in the world would a country bomb itself? It makes no sense to me...

It does seem a bit counterintuitive. I imagine this is what it looks like when an armed rebel army supplied by foreign entities is strong enough to cause major concern for an established govt. Russia is supplying arms to the govt and other factions helping the rebels.

www.sott.net...

online.wsj.com...
edit on 13-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

oops sorry, I didn't know.... Majorly sorry

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sorry about givng a bad link folks. I had no idea they were disinfo. The second link was Wall Street Journal. My apologies.
But thanks for making it look like I'm deliberately spreading lies

I see that other people have stated a similar thing that other countries are supporting the rebels. Not that I agree or disagree with the action.

I think I get it now though. It is the description given of the rebels which was offensive.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Alright after some searching, it seems that Russia has accused the US of covertly supplying the rebels with arms( who would have thought that now) and the US State dept has denied it. I don't trust Hillary's State dept anyway as they are a bunch of Marxists running it and the WH. All the news is saying the US has been urged to support the rebels, or that is covertly helping, and even Huffpo is defending POTUS by suggesting that Jihadists have hijacked the rebel army (what a surprise).
Given that I don't trust either the Russian govt or the Obama admin and State dept I think we should just stay the heck out of this one.

Here is how Huffpo backs POTUS up

Obama specifically singled out the radical Islamist Syrian group Jabhat al-Nusrah, which the United States on Tuesday designated as a foreign terrorist organization that it said was trying to hijack the rebellion on behalf of al Qaeda in Iraq.

And says that Sunni is defending the rebels while Shia defending the Assad govt. That makes more sense to me as Sunni are more moderate and Iran is mostly Shia so the US govt would not give support to a Shia supported govt.

Stalemate between major powers, particularly the United States and Russia, has paralyzed the wider international response to the violence, leaving regional Sunni Muslim states such as Turkey and the Gulf Arab countries helping the rebels and Shi'ite Iran providing support to Assad.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Soooo Al Qaida have infiltrated the rebels but POTUS is gonna recognize them anyhow.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
reply to post by MrSpad

The Russians are distancing themselves from the Assad regime, when they fall the new government will be radical Islamists, they are going to be looking to every nation that sponsored Assad for revenge, and it wont be conventional, the new Syria will be a sponsor of terrorism, and will support proxies and affiliates to achieve their objectives in the region and elsewhere against all enemies and non-muslims.

Syria is going to be such a wonderful new place when they are finally "liberated"

As the radical islamist have been cut out of the new group that would be unlikely. In fact post Assad fall the rebels will move to clean them out, a move they have already made in some areas they have secured. The post Assad goverment will a be a mixture that will require coalitions to rule. You can expect this to a be lond hard process with Syria. What they will end up like will not be clear for a decade or more. Syria however has long been a secular state so I expect it will end up along the lines of Turkey down the road. And have no doubt the Russians wil be selling the cheap arms again.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

As the radical islamist have been cut out of the new group that would be unlikely. In fact post Assad fall the rebels will move to clean them out, a move they have already made in some areas they have secured. The post Assad goverment will a be a mixture that will require coalitions to rule. You can expect this to a be lond hard process with Syria. What they will end up like will not be clear for a decade or more.

The Obama admin has been covertly backing the Muslim Brotherhood in all these states, including Egypt. In a classically pro Sunni environment, the Obama admin has to at least pretend it supports the true moderate Sunnis. I don't believe for a minute that the bad guys have been "cut out" as you say. But I don't trust anything this admin does.

Further, BLoomberg ran this article saying the Obama admin declared this group a terrorist group

The Obama administration’s designation of a Syrian rebel group as a terrorist organization reflects unease about the factions receiving support from U.S. allies in the fight against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The U.S. added one of the more successful anti-Assad military groups, al-Nusra Front, to its list of terrorist organizations Dec. 11, citing the group’s ties to al-Qaeda in Iraq. U.S. officials worry that the conflict has become a magnet for Islamic militants, and it hasn’t armed rebels out of concern that weapons could fall into fundamentalist hands.

But somehow the Obama admin thinks it can help the rebels without helping out the terrorist group.

Sounds about the same as their Utopian ideals of forcing the Super wealthy to pay more taxes without making the middle class pay too.

www.bloomberg.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join