It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member from Louisiana.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello, I am a new member on ATS, though I have read many articles I have never participated in them. I hope that in the future I can partake in many discussions about many of the issues and opinions present on this fantastic site. It appears this is the first site I visit now for news as opposed to the normal media so this is how I will begin my day. Pleasure to be here thank you.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I'm from Louisiana too, hope you enjoy your stay!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Thank you
good to know there are members from my state here as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStar

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family...hope to meet you in the forums....

Des

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Hi LightningStar.
I'm new here too. Been to New Orleans a few times and always had rather interesting experiences there.
A rather powerful place, magickally speaking, and it saddens me that the last time I was there it seemed like the spirit had gone out of her - I imagine due to all the stuff she's had to deal with in recent years.
Anyway, welcome. Take a look at my post, if you care to - maybe you know something about my questions.
Happy 2013!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, lightningstar!!
I'm from the south too! I love Louisiana!
Glad you joined to participate!!
Enjoy

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by robwebbjr

Happy 2013 to you as well! To answer the question about New Orleans. I am from the norther half of the state, although I have visited N.O. The main "loss of spirit" is from the fact that much of the place has the after effects of the storm still blatant.... Went down a residential area saw buildings with missing pieces, large amounts of them missing. Even a hospital was still silent completely abandoned and unopened. Most likely the feel of the place is affected by that.

The fact that many residents chose not to come back is another consideration that must be accounted, some of my fellow statesmen showed their true colour when they evacuated. My mother went to get a job in Oklahoma, no Louisiana citizens were allowed work there after the calamity caused by the refugees to the businesses in the area.... New Orleans is a fun place, sure there is a large crime rate (here too are many petty crimes.)

This is not an insult to anyone from my state or New Orleans, simply that many of those who emigrated during/after the storm caused much trouble in the neighbor states.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Be careful what you wish for...LOL..welcome though, and I will give you advice like a doctor or lawyer anytime you ask...for a fee. LOL jk. If you need help find DESTINY, she will put on her supergranny cheerleader costume and save you. LOL. Man she is quick.

BAW33

PS if you can't figure something out feel free to U2U me...if I don't know the answer I will find it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Pleasure to be here

And it's a pleasure having you aboard !

Welcome !!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hmm, I hadn't heard anything about the refugee issue. That's too bad.
Are you anywhere near that sinkhole thingy?
I haven't read extensively on it, but it sounds really creepy to me - like, what's really going on there?
I immediately think of underground alien bases being blown up in some kind of covert war.
I would LOL, except that if that's even anywhere close to the truth, then.... man oh man!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by robwebbjr

I live a good amount of miles away, in the northwest of the state, apparently it was a salt dome resevoir a Texas-based company abandoned..... and it collapsed? Not too big on that issue, but hey in Shreveport a city that is spitting distance from Barksdale air base, (located in Bossier City one bridge away where the majority of B-52 bombers call home. Has many antennae stations with no apparent purpose, too small to be radio towers and close to businesses such as IHOP.

I have yet to find a reason these towers exist all around the Shreveport-Bossier area.

And thank you to everyone who is glad to see a new member, because I sure am glad to be here.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

edit on 12-12-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join