Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

CURIOSITY: Can Innocent People Be Turned Into Brainwashed Assassins?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hello all,

I just happened to come across a television show which, in a particular episode, dealt with brainwashing and Manchurian Candidates. This was an eye opener for me, because of the process and results of a test conducted by scientists for public viewing.

I've seen my fair share of videos in the decade+ of looking into all types of conspiracies, and I'll you that this is worth watching. I can't find the whole show, but if you come across it, definitely take the time to watch.

There have been government-sponsored studies into the possibility of mind control.

Between the Fifties and Seventies, the CIA conducted controversial experiments to develop behavioural engineering that many believed aimed at brainwashing subjects.

Investigative efforts were hampered by the fact that Richard Helms, director of the CIA, ordered many files related to the programme - known as MKUltra - destroyed in 1973, years before any investigation into it began.

It was nevertheless found that the remit of the project was to develop mind-controlling drugs and techniques, with the CIA especially interested in being able to manipulate foreign leaders.

A television programme is out to test whether innocent people can be brainwashed in becoming unwitting assassins as in the plot of political thriller The Manchurian Candidate. Dailymail

In the television show, however, no drugs are used. Only hypnotic suggesting is used to narrow down a group of prone individuals.

If anyone has links to videos such as this, please share. This is a fascinating topic, especially in light of recent events.

-AS-

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

this ones not as .. well.. take it how you wish..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
this could from the way this video presents
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The problem with suggestion - even in it's most extreme forms, is that a subject will not do what they do not want to do. No amount or combination of drugs, hypnosis, or suggestion can make a person cross their own, internally dictated moral threshold.

Having said that ( possibly to the disdain of some members ) I will add...

The game stopped being How do you make someone do something decades ago. It evolved into How do you make someone want to do the thing you want them to do.

The movie Inception is a form of disclosure. It's allegorical. Just replace "dream" with "need" or "desire" and what is left is accurate.

It is quite elegant really.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Thanks reeferman! I'll watch this later today!

A lot of what's been put forth suggests that recent events where the killer says he was brainwashed into doing what they did is very plausible.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OP, that's a fascinating question right there. Unlike most I've seen come at it by trying to say anyone can be made into a tool of someone else's will ..which I think is totally absurd.. I suppose it changes things more than a bit to imagine screening large numbers to get the few who by whatever quirk or "defect", WOULD do what almost no one can be made to do. That is, go contrary to your own base nature by hypnosis.

I suppose that just like there are people allergic to almost anything imaginable, if only a few among the billions, then it's reasonable to assume a % would fit this too. Of course that limits the use almost to the point of academic. If you have to mold a person into this kind of role from scratch...it would be easier, I'd think, just to legitimately convince them over time and effort that your way was better, theirs worse and 'doing something' about it is the only option. Just to play devil's advocate.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Can Innocent People Be Turned Into Brainwashed Assassins?

According to "Chip" Tatum there is no question about it...

(The link below will go directly to the end of the interview where the quote is taken from, I recommend listening to the entire thing.)

This video presents one of the most provocative interviews ever conducted by Ted Gunderson, a retired FBI Senior Special Agent. It is with Gene "Chip" Tatum, a former CIA black ops assassin...

"Truth serum (Voodoo drug, buradenga) used extensively for years by the CIA to cover up assassinations."

"We use that to drug a target, we can put them under our complete power... they'll do whatever we ask them to do and when the drug wears off they won't remember anything that went on. Used quite extensively..."

Heart attack drugs: "Thats why the coroners always report these as heart attacks, there is no poison that shows up."

Black Ops Operative Chip Tatum Interviewed by Ted Gunderson

BTW both of these men have been "eliminated" since this interview.

Another link to a related video by Ted Gunderson: CIA And Satanism

edit on 12-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would say, most certainly they can. To start with every military/paramilitary in the world does just this. And that is just for starters. People have so little free will at the end of the day.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The problem with suggestion - even in it's most extreme forms, is that a subject will not do what they do not want to do. No amount or combination of drugs, hypnosis, or suggestion can make a person cross their own, internally dictated moral threshold.

I thought that to Heff, and it does make sense....but if you watch this episode you may question that observation. I always believed the same, but perhaps there are certain individuals who would go above and beyond what they would do....no matter what. There could be people who just cannot stop themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

Yeah, I've heard of this drug! Thanks for the link Lasvegasteddy.

Very scary stuff!

I'll embed the video for you...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Can Innocent People Be Turned Into Brainwashed Assassins?

According to "Chip" Tatum there is no question about it...

(The link below will go directly to the end of the interview where the quote is taken from, I recommend listening to the entire thing.)

This video presents one of the most provocative interviews ever conducted by Ted Gunderson, a retired FBI Senior Special Agent. It is with Gene "Chip" Tatum, a former CIA black ops assassin...

Truth serum (Voodoo drug, buradenga) used extensively for years by the CIA to cover up assassinations.

Heart attack drugs: "Thats why the coroners always report these as heart attacks, there is no poison that shows up."

Black Ops Operative Chip Tatum Interviewed by Ted Gunderson

BTW both of these men have been "eliminated" since this interview.

Another link to a related video by Ted Gunderson: CIA And Satanism

same stuff my video goes into detail about
a vice video on it

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I saw a show recently, where one of the four people was hypnotized to the point where he shot his "target". An actor, with fake blood, and blanks in the hypnotized persons gun.

He was so upset when he heard that he had shot someone, they had to have him meet the actor (his target).

I don't remember if it was the same show.

They knew they had a hypnotizable person when he sat in a tub of ice longer than it should have been safe. He was well wired up with sensors recording body temperature and stress levels.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
sad thing is
they present small dosage effective as if it could be mixed in chemtrail type of delivery
could be behind
training for zombie apocalypse by dhs

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Hey Snowspirit

This is that show. What did you think of it?? I thought it was fascinating and really well done.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura had an episode about the Manchurian Candidate and it was pretty convincing.

However, in school I was a psych student for several years and participated in lots of hypnosis trials and tests and not once was I ever hypnotized or did I see hypnosis occur.

This is over several years with several "patients" and practitioners.

Im a believer of long-term training as behavior modification that can be done somewhat subliminally over years but I do not believe that a week long or even a month long period of even the most intensive programming would work.

Of course, if the subject wanted to be programmed or wanted to commit the act in the first place that's a different story.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

Yikes .... I never, for one second, thought of that. You have a clever mind my friend.

I could not imagine the repercussions or this drug being dropped on a populace.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It was scary. Because they succeeded.

The guy they hypnotized seemed like the nicest guy.
And yet, he pulled the trigger.

I think a person has to first trust whoever is hypnotizing them.
If that trust is there, and they're that susceptible to suggestion, anything is possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I've seen people become hypnotized on stage and know someone who was hypnotized. So ...I don't know what you would make of that...

Supposedly the person hypnotizing people is the best in the world. Would that make a difference? Or do you still believe is may come from a deep down desire that the person is unaware of?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yeah, that's a very good point.

If you trust somebody, that would definitly play a key role in whether or not a person would follow out "orders"... Much like a cult leader and their followers.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

thanks for embedding that link
the truly scary part is
how they make address of zombie
toss the black plage in that same chemtrail
the studies they've done at plum island...now a dhs facility
i just hope these are not dot's in connection aye
while they hide below

top topics

<<   2 >>