It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Wisdom on Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

These things have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt by scholars for centuries,

What "things have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt"? And by what "scholars", and in which centuries"?

I'm not getting your point.
King Solomon was not a Christian, dude. He's was one of the original Kabbalists. (Sorcerers!)

In the Kabbalah
Early adherents of the Kabbalah portray Solomon as having sailed through the air on a throne of light placed on an eagle, which brought him near the heavenly gates as well as to the dark mountains behind which the fallen angels Uzza and Azzazel were chained; the eagle would rest on the chains, and Solomon, using the magic ring, would compel the two angels to reveal every mystery he desired to know. Solomon is also portrayed as forcing demons to take Solomon's friends, including Hiram, on day return trips to hell.

Solomon wiki entry
Dozens of years ago I bought an old book in a used book store called The Black Arts by Robert Cavendish, Copyright 1967. I was afraid to read it (being at that time still under the influence of hell-threat warnings).....but when I finally cracked the cover many years after purchasing it (not having been smited for doing so), I was surprised to see Solomon as described therein.

The Key of Solomon is cited in this little book as "the most famous of all magical textbooks..." and "In the first century A.D. Josephus referred to a book of incantations for summoning evil spirits, supposedly written by Solomon."

It's a Grimoire.

A grimoire ( /ɡrɪmˈwɑr/) is a textbook of magic. Such books typically include instructions on how to create magical objects like talismans and amulets, how to perform magical spells, charms and divination and also how to summon or invoke supernatural entities such as angels, spirits, and demons.[1]

In many cases the books themselves are also believed to be imbued with magical powers, though in many cultures other sacred texts that are not grimoires, such as the Bible and Qur'an, have also been believed to intrinsically have magical properties; in this manner while all books on magic could be thought of as grimoires, not all magical books could.[2]

and

Israelite King Solomon was a Biblical figure also associated with magic and sorcery in the ancient world. The 1st-century Romano-Jewish historian Josephus mentioned a book circulating under the name of Solomon, which contained incantations for summoning demons and described how a Jew called Eleazar used it to cure cases of possession.

The book may have been the Testament of Solomon but was more probably a different work.[9] The pseudigraphic Testament of Solomon is one of the oldest magical texts. It is a Greek manuscript attributed to Solomon and likely written in either Babylonia or Egypt sometime in the first five centuries A.D., over a thousand years after Solomon's death.

Real "Wisdom" is a great thing. Magical thinking and superstition are something separate. Though I don't claim that magick is impossible, nor that all superstitions are immature (WHY do I see 11:11 every freaking day?!, and WHY are more babies born under full moons than at other times?)....

the results of magick and the roots of superstition need to be fully explored. That's what science is doing.

edit on 13-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Solomon, David, Jesus called Christ, Peter, Paul, Matthew, John, Augustus, Origen, Aquinas, Lewis, Strobel, Ross, Newton, Pascal, Barnabas, I could go on, and on, and on, and on

Truth has many allies

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Seems to me you have fallen for what "they" want you to believe.
Truth? you can't handle the truth.

Listing names doesn't mean you are right...anyone can just list names.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Great interesting post.
Gonna try and find that book so I can have a gander.
Cheers.
Found it and ordered it for less than a fiver including shipping

Thanks again will read it and get back to you.
edit on 13-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Neither does saying you know the Truth when all you know is your relative truth, not the objective Truth

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I always question people who claim to know the truth, but you just fall for it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Psalm 119:160 The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Daniel 10:21 But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except Michael, your prince.

John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

James 1:18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Job 34:12 Of a truth, God will not do wickedly, and the Almighty will not pervert justice.

Psalm 25:5 Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 43:3 Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling!

Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.

James 1:18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 8:31-32 … So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 17:8 For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. (Jesus speaking)

“I believe that in the end the truth will conquer.” ~ John Wycliffe

“Let us rejoice in the truth, wherever we find its lamp burning.” ~ Albert Schweitzer

“Never let us be guilty of sacrificing any portion of truth on the altar of peace.” ~ J. C. Ryle

“As a matter of honor, one man owes it to another to manifest the truth.” ~ Thomas Aquinas

Jesus responded, “You say I am a king. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true.”

38 “What is truth?” Pilate asked. Then he went out again to the people and told them, “He is not guilty of any crime.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

One thing I have learnt is not to trust people who quote scripture because they are trying to change you and or try to make you feel bad or guilty.
Nice try but I will not be reading that stuff again.
You have your own mind, use it and come to conclusions yourself about life, do not let a dusty old book rule your life.

Question what about the other 2/3rds of the world which do not believe in your brand? they all wrong?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Ughhhh.... Quoting the bible does not automatically prove it right. I wish some people could get that through their head. That's like basing an entire murder case on one person's testimony who wasn't even there.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I am not trying to change you or convict you,

Those are jobs assigned to the Holy Spirit

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Then stop trying to preach your brand of religion on ATS....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The Bible was written over a period of ~1,600 years, in three different languages (Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek), on three different Continents (Asia, Europe and Africa), and it consists of 66 - 74 Books composed by 40+ authors, the 12 Apostles of Jesus Christ were all martyred for their faith aside from one, and there are thousands, and thousands, upon thousands, even into millions, of separate witnesses baring witness to the Truth, along with millions of books and experiences,

Your analogy does a grave injustice to the Truth

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I have no specific brand of Religion, although I do identify with Christianity,

Muslims and Hindus have a good amount of Truth in there views, but they have lies mixed in with Truth,

a universal Truth is a universal Truth,

Grass is green everywhere, Water is clear and aqueous solution, the sky is blue, gravity will pull you down, etc,

God is not the God of Christians, He is not the God of mankind, nor is He the God of the Earth or the Universe.....

God is the God of existence,

To be is Him,

He is what there is and will always be what He always has been and forever will Be,

A few humans are just lucky and blessed enough to have a personal relationship with Him

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is what I don't get......

Putting whatever peoples experiences and views are on God and how they respond to claims surrounding him to one side......why would anyone quote scripture in a way which quite clearly is meant to make people feel stupid and inferior....and thus ultimately alienate them from God rather than embrace him?? Sorry but that sounds and appears rather backwards to me????

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

That is what gets my back up about people like the OP, all high and mighty because they think they know the truth and look down upon anyone who questions their "truth".
Oh and the preaching...like they need to tell themselves it is real by trying to get others to agree with them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join