It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings. Two-and-a-half part question here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hello all.
My first question is general conspiracy.
I saw a post for Syria firing scuds at insurgents and I followed the source to make sure it wasn't something like Debka. Turns out it was a legitimate story from the New York Times. When I came back to ATS, the story was gone.
WTF?
So now I'm waiting to see if this, my first ever posting, makes it to the boards. Anyone else think it unusual that a MSM story gets yanked from the ATS boards? Anyone got a reasonable explanation?
On a separate note, has anyone else noticed the scintillating objects in the night sky that could easily be ignored as stars, but which are not actually stars?
I don't have the equipment to make a video that would effectively highlight the phenomenon I am referring to, but if anyone out there has seen this, they already know what I'm talking about.
If you're in the habit of checking out the night sky with the naked eye, pay attention to any star that seems significantly brighter than the others and watch how it twinkles.
I'm 41 years old and I'm not stupid. I know what atmospherically induced scintillation is.
IMO, this ain't that.
The best I've been able to do is look at an example through binoculars. If I had to wager all my dollars on it, I would still say that what I was looking at was some kind of fabricated object putting out a lot of high intensity light in a seemingly random display of mostly white with flashes of blue, red, and little bit of green/orange/yellow.
That little feeling you get, call it a hunch, intuition, whatever, told me that it was definitely some kind of machine (albeit way high-tech). And while not quite inducing the 'malevolent creepies', I still got the impression that the objects purpose was significant to me and my well-being; the lack of 'fight or flight' response may have mostly been due to the fact that I didn't understand what I was looking at.
I also wonder if these might be the night time version of the polymorphing silver sphere I saw not too long ago in broad daylight. Apparently, others have seen similar things (seen videos on you tube). At the time, I thought I was looking at a bunch of tethered helium balloons that someone had lost from a birthday party or whatever, so I didn't think too much about it. But in retrospect, I realized that the motion was all wrong. The object as a whole was stationary and what I thought were balloons bobbing was in fact the surface of the object shifting and 'bubbling' (for lack of a better term).
So anyway, since you're reading this, I've made it past the MIB and I'm interested to hear your comments.
Thanks all, and have a great 'new cycle'.

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. I've had to remove your entire post as it goes against our policies.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read )

Terms & Conditions Of Use ( Please read )

**THREAD CLOSED**
edit on 12/12/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
welcome to the party.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by robwebbjr

Several points:

1) Your last thread was blank. It contained no text nor links at all. Therefore the MIB didn't get you - your own enter key did!

2) This is the introductions forum - meant as a place for you to introduce yourself to the community! There is a rule that one must post 20 posts before they can create threads of their own. So there is a chance this thread will disappear as well. Again, it won't be the MIB this time either, but the T&C.

3) Welcome to ATS.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Sorry If I jumped the gun a bit Sir Heff.
I will introduce myself this way:
Born May 24, 1971 at 6:00 am in Los Angeles, CA
Now all of you who are conversant with the astrological sciences know me as well as anyone.
So, I have been utilizing ATS as an alternative news source for some time, but just today decided to enter the fray so to speak.
Yes, I'm a little concerned about attracting the wrong kind of attention, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. So anyway, I hail from California and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2013 will look like.
IMO, the whole 2012 thing is all about reaping what you've sewn.
Invoking the mythical 'Many Worlds Interpretation', I speculate that whatever reality you have built in your personal/subconscious paradigm, is what you will experience with the transition to this new cycle - which amounts to a multiple forking of the time stream/continuum/reality, etc.
Personally, I'm looking forward to a world of healthy, long-lived, and well educated people who have advanced technology at their disposal and their sights set on first the local planets, and then the stars.
Beam me up, Captain!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

edit on 12-12-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hi Night Star.
Thanks for the cool card and I like your signature.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Welcome, to the fold, hope you receive wanted attention instead of that other kind.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Hello Iamschist.
Yeah, I've had more than my share of the helicopters/MIB/astral watcha-callits/who-knows-what.
Fortunately, these days seems more like the good guys are making their presence felt than the baddies.
It also seems to me that once you decide that the power is actually in your own hands, things start to get better generally.
Although, I have to admit that recently, I've felt like something globally significant is eminent; that is to say, something that is going to affect pretty much everyone.
I'm honestly inclined to write the vague perception off to group zeitgeist or whatever, but I can't quite seem to shake it - like there's something just out of sight over the horizon, but you can see a dust plume, or maybe faintly hear the rotor blades chop-chop-chopping in the distance.
Its maybe like how a soldier or fireman feels - you know something's going to happen eventually - and when it does, it'll be significant - but you can't just sit around worrying about it, but you can't completely put it out of your mind, either.
Anyway, thanks for the greet.
Happy 2013.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

robwebbjr

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

new topics

top topics

join