Democratic Senator employed illegal immigrant who was alleged sex offender.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez employed as an unpaid intern in his Senate office an illegal immigrant who was a registered sex offender, now under arrest by immigration authorities, The Associated Press has learned. The Homeland Security Department instructed federal agents not to arrest him until after Election Day, a U.S. official involved in the case told the AP.

Source

Hmmm, how interesting is that? I could give two hoots whether it was a Dem or Repub, but the hypocracy and the criminal action by homeland security is just freakin amazing!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Talk about killing two birds with one stone!

This type of stuff doesn't even surprise me one bit. When we live in a country where the Justice Department chooses to not file criminal charges against the big banks when there is proof of money laundering and such, the above action is akin to stealing a candy bar.

We live in a completely corrupt country where anything goes. A country where the only criminals are the ones who are caught. (Then it depends on who you are as to whether or not you go to prison) No one in government is above such behavior. They're all unethical. I think you have to be in order to join the club.
edit on 12-12-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The Homeland Security Department instructed federal agents not to arrest him until after Election Day,

Because illegals get special treatment sex offender so what they say that will keep after the election.

Tells a person a lot about that Senator then again what the hell does DHS have to do with ICE ?

edit on 12-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The Homeland Security Department instructed federal agents not to arrest him until after Election Day,

Because illegals get special treatment sex offender so what they say that will keep after the election.

Tells a person a lot about that Senator then again what the hell does DHS have to do with ICE ?

How nice that they gave Menendez this courtesy.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

And yet they do nothing to the Senator...and there lies the problem...we need not bother the illegals...just go after the morons hiring them...no good deed goes unpunished Senator...
edit on 12-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-12-2012 by chrismarco because: grammar

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

What gets me is all I heard about the right was how they are against womens rights. Well how can that be when we have a Democrat who is employing a "NON payed" illegal, "registered sex offender", and then allows him to walk free until the election? Doesn't seem like this Senator cares about women at all if he was complicit in aiding and abetting a sexual predator now does it?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

How nice that they gave Menendez this courtesy.

Yep ,but I wonder if the other side of the coin would have been given that same "courtesy".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

In all honesty both sides play us like fools and they pit us against each other..wasn't that the idea of a two party system? Why on earth would you purposely plan to divide a population? We would be better off with a one party system and let one person cater to both sides...but that would be foolish...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Probably so but although premature I think you will have more media outlets running this as "front page" news...this isn't going to get more than a day of news on most news outlets but fox will run it into the ground...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You have to love our system, though I caught this on drudge and was going to post it before finding yours. He was just re-elected last month it says so I am certain that we'll see absolutely nothing happen to the guy. In fact, maybe we even see a new law proposed in the Senate to make whatever technical things he did here non-criminal entirely.

Absolutely on the Dem or Rep part. They both do this kind of garbage and it doesn't shock me that a man hiring illegal aliens ..and criminal ones at that....is also a major advocate for illegal immigrant issues. It's kinda like the prosecutor that is known his entire career for being 'The Man' for enforcing a particular area of law with a vengeance, to see the guy himself arrested and convicted of doing it in his own life.

Pathetic....absolutely pathetic. Perhaps we need an alteration to the laws which govern elected officials and criminal conduct while in office. I'm thinking that felony level crimes of any sort, whatsoever, should mean a loss of the Office AND Pension on the spot. High Misdemeanors? Perhaps just loss of Office....and I don't care they just got re-elected. I'd call that bad judgement on the Voter not a reason to keep a criminal in elected office.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You hit it Wrabbit! That's the example, if you or I did this, PRISON! This guy??? Nothing at all will happen to him. Our so called "lawmakers" do not apply to the same criminal justice system that we have to live with on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Nah if that had been a Republican Senator it would have been front page news, and this thread would be 10 pages by now.

but then again that would not have waited until after election day.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it's all a joke..remember Eliot Spitzer? He ended up getting his own political debate tv show....and before that he was asked to speak at Harvard..this is the former New York Governor who was playing around with prostitutes...regardless of party when you are high up you simply get more breaks....look at that donkey Martha Stuart...Need we go into the Iran Contra debacle...?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nah if that had been a Republican Senator it would have been front page news, and this thread would be 10 pages by now. but then again that would not have waited until after election day.

I remember when Mitt Romney was questioned about immigrants he had hired. It was an issue for a little while and then it died out. Just as this will.

Most people don't care about who is mowing someone else's lawn or folding pamphlets in a senators office.

Illegal Immigrants Do Lawn Work For Romney

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Wasn't a sex offender now was it?

Like Mendez?

And the news did not come out after the election either.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Not arguing the fact that BOTH sides are criminals. It was the irony in this article that I could not resist!

Also the fact that this Senator should be arrested immediately for violating a law that any other citizen would find themselves in a cell wearing handcuffs if they would have knowingly hid a sexual predator.......
edit on 12-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
When your political party has no morals or standards you can pretty much do whatever you want. And having the media in your back pocket doesn't hurt either.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This Senator should be booted from office and arrested and Homeland Security should be looked into for letting a sexual offender roam around and one here illegally to boot. I think our immigration laws our too much but they are standing law. There's illegal things I would like to do but I don't, I advocate instead for those laws to change and I expect if I broke them I would caught and sentenced... certainly not expecting to keep my job. Hey maybe we'll get lucky and an (I) will get the seat.

By the way, can the GOP fanboys stop playing victims, good lord.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

ICE agents in New Jersey notified superiors at the Homeland Security Department because they considered it a potentially high profile arrest

DHS said they will issue a statement later today.

Interestingly back in 2008...when ICE and DHS was run by Pres. Bush..

In that case, the Homeland Security Department had imposed an unusual directive days before the 2008 election requiring high-level approval before federal agents nationwide could arrest fugitive immigrants including Zeituni Onyango, the half-sister of Obama's late father.

So it seems that this policy is irregardless of administration. My guess is that leading up to elections they avoid deporting folks where it would have political implications.

I'll be interested to see what DHS has to say later today.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yo did Bush hire an illegal who was a sex offender?:

No he didn't. A Democratic Senator did and then the current government hid the fact until after the election.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join