It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSOE Event into Space Sweden 12/12/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wow, strange selection of events here! From RSOE at 18:12 UTC:

Frightened residents in western Sweden reported seeing a bright, blue light racing across the night sky on Tuesday before an orange-coloured orb smashed into the ground in a mysterious phenomenon that has yet to be explained. Aviation authorities were quick to rule out initial theories that a plane had crashed somewhere deep in the forests of Varmland County. They, as well as police, suspect the mysterious night light and thunderous blast that prompted a flood of calls from concerned residents may have been caused by a meteorite. "We don't know, but it could have been a part of the meteor shower people have been talking about," duty officer Leif Svensson of the Varmland County police said. The first calls to emergency service SOS came around 10.25pm from Forshaga, a town about 25 kilometres north of Karlstad. More calls came from Stallet, Eksharad and Karlstad, and on Facebook, police in Sunne reported a rumbling reminiscent of an earthquake. "And we've also received information that people on the west coast and even in Finland made observations," Svensson said. Neither police or other authorities have plans to investigate the strange sound and light phenomena.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

The Geminids? Although where the thunderous blast and earthquake-type rumbling noise fit in, I'm not sure....

I'm trying to find out more but not having much luck so will update again asap.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This might help pics of the meteor from Sweden

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Oh thank you! I searched ATS & Google, obviously not well enough

Please delete....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

No problem .. I wasn't trying to have your thread scrapped was just posting this as it has a connection with your thread

All the best

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Off topic (sorry mods)

Paradisepurple your location is south Wales .. Anywhere near Rhonda valley ?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The Rhondda Valleys? Yeah, just a few miles away from me, you have connections there?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yes i do my grand dads brother moved to Wales during the war only just found out a few years ago I had relations there. They live in treherbet I've been a few times and trekked across Brecon lovely place

All the best PP

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Ah, I know Treherbert well, isn't it an amazing setting? Good on you for coming here, most people don't want to come to Wales
Which is a shame because Wales is so beautiful!

Good to hear you trekked the Beacons! I'm up there most weekends, I feel really lucky to have it on my doorstep! You would have driven the Rhigos mountain road from Treherbert over to the Beacons then, isn't that an amazing drive?

As you can tell, I'm pretty proud of my homeland

new topics

top topics

join