It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to LOOK at.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

They are simply beautiful pictures.

Makes me think............."who is watching the watchers themselves?"

S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by RedShirt73

Yet only you and light warrior are the ones doing that.

its almost like you only see what you want to.

It's called humor, lol. People need to grow a funny bone around here, far to serious all the time. Relax and take things as they are. For every 60 seconds your angry, you lose 1 minute of happiness. But I will say that they are beautiful pics.
edit on 12-12-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Life has evolved to be very complex.

Its a pitty that so many ignorant people assume that a magic fairy made everything.

LOL. That's funny...I was just waging a little bet with myself that I wouldn't be able to scroll to the bottom of the page before somebody used the complexity of the eyeball as being "evidence" of the existence of Our Heavenly SkyDaddy.

The verdict is still out...but I'm still thinking there will be at least ONE nutter who chimed in on page one.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Why does the bottom picture look like snake skin on the right?

I think the last one looks kinda like a sunflower,

I make eye ball jewelery and this is way cool, wish I had such intricate detail to work with.
edit on 123131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

That's SICK AND TWISTED!!

How many people have you BLINDED for your jewelry business!!!

(LOL. Sorry....I couldn't resist)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

Originally posted by Cuervo
To be fair... don't creationists and evolutionists both base their beliefs in that concept? Either a creator created things from nothing or the big bang created things from nothing.

No, not really the same thing. To elucidate very briefly:

The philosophical and theological concept of an "unmoved mover" goes back to Aristotle. It connotes an entity that is the cause of all movement in the universe, but is, itself, neither moved nor moved upon by anything.

This is considered the primary cause of all things in the universe and has no cause in itself (an uncaused cause). This unmoved mover or uncaused cause would have the essence of creativity in it and would, therefore, be capable of causing the universe, ex nihilo.

So, that's a big pill for some to swallow, both theologically and philosophically. I, however, find it a bigger pill to swallow to believe that this all just pooped itself out by accident out of a complete void of chaos or nothingness.

Those photographs are amazing. The complexity that they illustrate is, from my perspective, proof that there is an element of design, the work of some uncaused cause - evident in it all. I cannot see how those irises could be just some massive cosmological freak accident. If someone chooses to believe that it is all just that - some kind of coincidental happenstance - that it their privilege.

I used the unfortunate word "ignorance" in my first post (above) simply as a response Wertdagf's post. He (she?) called me ignorant.

I am not ignorant. I have thought long and hard about these matters, looked at both sides of the discussion. I have reached my conclusion through a process of informed, studious thought. This is my position. If someone has a different position, they are entitled to it. I guess that statement makes me intolerant as well as ignorant.
edit on 12-12-2012 by incoserv because: clarification

KUDOS TO YOU!!

As an Atheist and strong proponent of Darwinian Evolution it is BEYOND REFRESHING to hear someone who thinks Creationism is more plausible actually make their point using complete sentences, not calling anyone "evil", and citing SOMETHING besides the Bible and their own partially-formed quasi-notions as the basis for their stance.

While I still (strongly) disagree...I can very much respect you and your position.

Thank you for being sane, educated, and making a point that didn't contradict itself multiple times. Perhaps our species will not go extinct in the near future after all.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

It is jewelry for the eyeball, not of the eyeball.

Like earrings "for the eye"..

I made that up.

These bagel heads are real however..

edit on 12-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Its a pitty that so many ignorant people assume that a magic fairy made everything.

Get over yourself and enjoy the pretty pictures.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Wow? So soon? Somebody always has to start that pissing match, don't they? How about staying on topic...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I think that's the reflection of the camera getting in the way.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This thread derailed itself in a matter of minutes.

The thread-like part of the eye, that can look anything from fiber to sponge-like, is called the Zonules of Zinn, or suspensory ligament. Or iris fibers if you don't want to get too fancy (or see weird medical stuff on google images)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
These are all real images of eyes. They are done by a man named Suren Manvelyan. It's a type of high tech photography called macro imaging.

Crazy how some of the brown irises look like the surface of Mars, others, like gassy planets.

24flinching.com...

edit on 13-12-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
thanks for the reminder that my eyes are jelly wrapped in minuscule tentacles

it almost makes me sick or uneasy knowing thats how I see...
edit on 13-12-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Ignorance abounds, my friend.

The really amazing thing is that so many people actually believe that it all just magically pooped itself out of nothingness.

Good work, you just demonstrated your lack of knowledge regarding life and evolution. If a creator made everything, isn't that out of nothing? So you made no sense while demonstrating the above.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
These pictures are just amazing!
2nd

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

I make eye ball jewelery and this is way cool, wish I had such intricate detail to work with.

they do seem to creep some people out.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

KUDOS TO YOU!!

As an Atheist and strong proponent of Darwinian Evolution it is BEYOND REFRESHING to hear someone who thinks Creationism is more plausible actually make their point using complete sentences, not calling anyone "evil", and citing SOMETHING besides the Bible and their own partially-formed quasi-notions as the basis for their stance.

While I still (strongly) disagree...I can very much respect you and your position.

Thank you for being sane, educated, and making a point that didn't contradict itself multiple times. Perhaps our species will not go extinct in the near future after all.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am a committed Christian and take my faith very seriously. I have come to this place through much thought and study of not only scripture but, also, philosophy. It pains me to see the internecine arguments that spring up between people not only on this forum, but in public discourse, regarding matters of faith.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

KUDOS TO YOU!!

Thank you for your kind words.

I am a committed Christian and take my faith very seriously. I have come to this place through much thought and study of not only scripture but, also, philosophy. It pains me to see the internecine arguments that spring up between people not only on this forum, but in public discourse, regarding matters of faith.

On ATS in particular there are frequently a lot of christians well...whining...would be the word, I suppose, about how the atheists and secular humanists are allegedly calling them "stupid" for being christian.

But what most fail to realize that when the sum total of their "argument" can so frequently be summed up as "'cuz the bible says so" and "you're evil"...well...stupid is sometimes the only word which serves as an accurate adjective without getting mean.

It's got to just drive you nuts what has happened to your fellow christians over the years. I remember a time when I was a child (not so terribly long ago either) when a relatively average christian could accurately talk about the philosophical implications/justifications for their beliefs. The degeneration of the demographic must be as heartbreaking to watch from your perspective as it was for the Beat Generation to watch their movement undergo metamorphosis into the goofiness of the American Hippy after the Vietnam War ended and they didn't have anything to be "outraged" about anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

they do seem to creep some people out.

LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am sure the Icke fans would be lapping these up (More pics by the same photographer the OP posted).....Royal Family i assume :p

www.behance.net...

*EDIT*
Oh, have to ask even though slightly off-topic as could not find it in any FAQ,
Can anyone please tell me what the letters are on the side
P is obviously posts, F is flag and S is stars, but what are W & K
edit on 16-12-2012 by uprising2freedom because: quick question

top topics

<< 1   >>

join