It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to LOOK at.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The iris pictured in remarkable detail by incredible close-up shots

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

complex and intricate textures hidden within the iris that give our eyes our unique and enchanting character.

You are beautifully and wonderfully made.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That is beautiful and amazing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Life has evolved to be very complex.

Its a pitty that so many ignorant people assume that a magic fairy made everything.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It seems like I would be able to see that kind of "detail" when I stare into the mirror as close as possible, without touching my eyeball on the mirror. I wanna see what my eye looks like, detailed. It's so amazing, it almost looks fake.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You are beautifully and wonderfully made.

Thanks for the reminder!

Awesome photos..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why does the bottom picture look like snake skin on the right?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Its a pitty that so many ignorant people assume that a magic fairy made everything.

It is a pity such beautiful creatures as us still have to "argue", and call some peoples beliefs ignorant instead of embracing the beauty that lies within us and in our creation.
edit on 12-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Why does the bottom picture look like snake skin on the right?

I think the last one looks kinda like a sunflower,

I make eye ball jewelery and this is way cool, wish I had such intricate detail to work with.
edit on 123131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Thanks for the tolerance, buddy. Why take a very cool thread and, unprovoked, attack a person's belief?

They could just as easily say "It's a pity that so many ignorant people assume that a magic evolution miracle created everything".

Let a cool thread about eyes be a cool thread about eyes.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ignorance abounds, my friend.

The really amazing thing is that so many people actually believe that it all just magically pooped itself out of nothingness.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

Ignorance abounds, my friend.

The really amazing thing is that so many people actually believe that it all just magically pooped itself out of nothingness.

To be fair... don't creationists and evolutionists both base their beliefs in that concept? Either a creator created things from nothing or the big bang created things from nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
To be fair... don't creationists and evolutionists both base their beliefs in that concept? Either a creator created things from nothing or the big bang created things from nothing.

No, not really the same thing. To elucidate very briefly:

The philosophical and theological concept of an "unmoved mover" goes back to Aristotle. It connotes an entity that is the cause of all movement in the universe, but is, itself, neither moved nor moved upon by anything.

This is considered the primary cause of all things in the universe and has no cause in itself (an uncaused cause). This unmoved mover or uncaused cause would have the essence of creativity in it and would, therefore, be capable of causing the universe, ex nihilo.

So, that's a big pill for some to swallow, both theologically and philosophically. I, however, find it a bigger pill to swallow to believe that this all just pooped itself out by accident out of a complete void of chaos or nothingness.

Those photographs are amazing. The complexity that they illustrate is, from my perspective, proof that there is an element of design, the work of some uncaused cause - evident in it all. I cannot see how those irises could be just some massive cosmological freak accident. If someone chooses to believe that it is all just that - some kind of coincidental happenstance - that it their privilege.

I used the unfortunate word "ignorance" in my first post (above) simply as a response Wertdagf's post. He (she?) called me ignorant.

I am not ignorant. I have thought long and hard about these matters, looked at both sides of the discussion. I have reached my conclusion through a process of informed, studious thought. This is my position. If someone has a different position, they are entitled to it. I guess that statement makes me intolerant as well as ignorant.
edit on 12-12-2012 by incoserv because: clarification

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They're having you on...The first two are actually close ups of some random sponge with a hole in...

Seriously, incredible. I can't seem to get my head around it for some reason. Just seems unreal. It looks like an alien landscape....

s&f
edit on 12-12-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
oh god the video on the link made me feel uneasy or something, eyes the windows of the soul! they are a sight to behold close up alright!

and to think about all that unfolding within the womb as well as all the other organs, amazing!

and the perfect cirlce reminded me of a black hole too!
edit on 12-12-2012 by meremortal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I would bet that peoples eyes vary a lot more than science thinks. I look at peoples eyes when I talk to them and some seem to be structured way differently. They say the eyes are a window to the soul, I believe that.

Nice find, I do think peoples eyes are prettier when looking at them from a few feet away though. Sometimes looking too deep destroys the beauty of things.S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I foresee this thread becoming a god vs evolutionists again. If you do that, F you.

Anyway, I love the pics, it just looks so wonderfully sewn, makes me want to learn more about the eye.
Now I'm going to go get up close with my eye up to the mirror.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Your right... the first two are photoshopped.

Im supprised i didnt notice this untill you said it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Another thread hijacked by god vs. evolutionists people. It wasn't fairies, it was the flying spaghetti monster. You know who I'm talking about. It shoots out scalding garlic flavored sauce from its mouth and poops meatballs

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

I am not ignorant. I have thought long and hard about these matters, looked at both sides of the discussion.
You don't need to look long and hard at this subject before you come to the logical conclusion that the eye is a product of evolutionary processes unfolding over many millions of years. The evidence is abundant and easy to interpret. You may not be ignorant, but you seem to be in denial, a common trait amongst the religious

On topic... Nice pics op S&F.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Yet only you and light warrior are the ones doing that.

its almost like you only see what you want to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join