It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Samplers - Comic from an ATS member about NWO, conspiracies, time travel, and lucid dreaming

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

I was just thinking the same thing about how it is a good discussion.

It seems people are excited to see so much effort put into issues we care about and I think that shows how poorly represented this subject matter is. And I see why people are excited about it and the potential something like this has. This is also why I see so much potential in the medium of comics and why I think we should really try to accomplish as much as we can with it.

I think the OP is on the right track here.. but we can push it much further and do much more with it. There were some images I saw in the original post that were done well and didn't have the comedic angle and I think if that approach was used throughout great things could be accomplished.

What if when we made these comics we simply approached it as if we were making legitimate documentary films.. just in the form of comics? I think then we could achieve our goal.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

On that note, you may really like the book/comic "Fighting for G.O.D. (Gold, Oil, and Drugs) by Jeremy Begin and Lauren Salk - www.fightingforgod.com...

It's much more serious, and takes a documentary-type approach as you describe. I find their work to be a huge inspiration, and I'm aiming to try and capture the same amount of information as they were able to. You may also like "The Big Lie" by Rick Veitch, which is all about 9/11 and took great strides to cite every single reference (truthbetoldcomics.com...).

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Thank you! I have been looking for other examples of kind of documentary comics because I am trying to do my own as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
truly great art, reminds me of crossed or revived

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
How long is the series?

The first storyarc will be 4 issues (roughly 100 pages). Currently writing the script for issue 3. Issue 2 is already in production with the artists. Without the limitations of time and money, the goal is for Time Samplers to be an ongoing series.

....and not to long into the future a movie !!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here's an example of a more serious topic - The Franklin Scandal, involving Lawrence King and Craig Spence. I've personally spoken with numerous reporters and authors while working on a storyline that's approachable.

Here's a pin-up of Lawrence King, posing with Maureen Reagan at the 1984 GOP National Convention after-party (which he sang the anthem at).

Also, here is an inked pin-up of a deceased Craig Spence, with meticulous detail put into the artwork to illustrate the notes from the police report - right down to the three dollars found in his pocket.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster

I was just thinking the same thing about how it is a good discussion.

It seems people are excited to see so much effort put into issues we care about and I think that shows how poorly represented this subject matter is. And I see why people are excited about it and the potential something like this has. This is also why I see so much potential in the medium of comics and why I think we should really try to accomplish as much as we can with it.

I think the OP is on the right track here.. but we can push it much further and do much more with it. There were some images I saw in the original post that were done well and didn't have the comedic angle and I think if that approach was used throughout great things could be accomplished.

What if when we made these comics we simply approached it as if we were making legitimate documentary films.. just in the form of comics? I think then we could achieve our goal.

Very insightfull and well thought of you..

It makes me question though, how much we are unorganized.

You're letter just reminds me of something I see over and over again. We have no organization. These "theory's" in which we speak of are so "all over the place" that we CANNOT unite under one common principal.

For example, (you read me vs. "other guy") we can agree that we probably agree on the situation of the world today. But if you look deeper, you will probably find that his "theory's" based on "his evidence" stray far from my "theorys" and "my evidence".

You're message is well excepted and well thought out. But you, me, and my friend whom i've debated have NO organization whatsoever. We three share one thing right now, ambition.

Does it really matter if I thought one spot in the comic was well written, and another found it to be humorous when a third person found it to be offending because he felt his beliefs were offended? Can this be corrected? No... Never... Reality is in the eye of the beholder.

All we can do in my view, is take something as wonderful as this medium that's been used and support it and hope it is well received and makes people think.... Being overly critical does nothing but cause confusions. And that's what I think this all boils down too. Us being overly critical.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Incredible... You guys are amazing...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Hopefully I can finish my book and show you why I think it's not overly critical..I think there is a pattern to all this and we are intentionally or unintentionally repeating it here.

Just imagine if Schindler's list was done n a comedic fashion though.. would it have the same impact at all? Could it even be counter productive to the intended purpose?

Would it be overly critical to realize that?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Preview of issue #2. See if you can point out the various symbols / references.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Hmm, I'll give it a go.

Red-head girl represents the Celtic / Heathen outsider. Hare-slippers also reinforce Celtic aspects.

Full Moon shows increased psychic qualities and possibly otherworldly connections. Butterfly / birds nearby emphasising stream of mindflow?

The colour pink is a feminine colur, showing tranquility and also a passive nature.

Water nearby could be a lot of things. Infinite conciousness / awareness.
edit on 27-12-2012 by WatchRider because: addition

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

well played. The red-hair is indeed a very important aspect. Some other notes - Bluebird in the tree (Project BLUEBIRD), Monarch butterflies (Project MONARCH), rough black ashlar cube, as above/so below sitting position, lots more to find.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Hey! I just wanted to pop in and say that I downloaded Time Samplers on my Kindle, and I absolutely love it! This is really an ingenious way to get the word out on topics that some may not have otherwise thought about. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep up with the series

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sounds awesome man. Looking forward to it.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wanted to thank everyone for the messages and feedback from the interview on ATS Live! last weekend. Also, here is a preview from Time Samplers #2: "Disorder of the Skull & Bones"

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join