It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Code in a religious icon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
First of all let me say that I know there are various topics on ATS and sometimes theres a topic which can go into many of the sub-forums we have here, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place. Second, I am not one of those religious guys that just come on here and constantly try to talk about religion. And third, I dont know if this was ever posted so again please excuse me if it has been.

Ive known about this for some time now but I came across this again last night. I was watching some show on TV about the Virgin Mary which as many of you know is one of christianity/catholicism's (I dont know the difference) well known Icons.

The story behind her first apparition goes back to about 1531. You all know what she looks like right? A brief description is here. A visual one anyway

en.wikipedia.org...

Its the same thing if you really think about it.

Anyway it is said that the stars around her symbolize something like various churches around mexico if the picture itself is turned to either the right or left. At the center is the town of Tepeyac.

oddly enough in one takes into consideration the angle at which the earth is tilted (23.5 degrees) and draw an imaginary line from the point of her right eye at that angle. You would reach that location I mentioned.

So what I wanted to ask here is what do you think about this whole idea? Theres more that can be found if you just search around the internet. Strangely enough today (12-12-12) is the day we celebrate this icon and her fist apparition 481 years ago.

Is there anything hidden in her picture that shes trying to tell us? What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

Is there anything hidden in her picture that shes trying to tell us? What are your thoughts?

I suppose anything is possible, but I highly doubt that an entity directed secret messages to be incorporated into her painting. It's more likely that the artist was very clever in the way Leonardo da Vince was. We're still finding hidden messages in his paintings.

new topics

join