It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Images You Won't Believe Weren't Photoshopped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well all i can say is mind blown on some of these pictures, and all of them are confirmed real.

With more and more people becoming proficient at using image editing software like Photoshop it can be hard to tell whether what you see on the internet is real or fake.

While most of the time your skepticism is probably going to serve you well, every once in a while you may be in for a bit of shock. These 25 images you won’t believe weren’t Photoshopped will probably do just that.

Here is the webpage were you can view these crazy images.
25 Images You Won’t Believe Weren’t Photoshopped

This picture is surreal, and one picture i would be convinced was photoshopped.

Known as a Janus cat after the Roman God who looked both forwards and backwards, Frank and Louie is currently in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the oldest surviving Janus cat in the world (12 years)

The there this freaky picture.

in 2010 a boy was born in China with a total of 31 digits (15 fingers and 16 toes). He has since had surgery to remove the extra appendages.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The cloud inside was amazing.

Nice vid

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
#16, #17 and #7...I just can't get my head around. The Namibia shot ..try as I might..I cannot get mental perspective to the field of view to make sense of what they say that is. No perspective. It looks like an orange wall of color thrown in for the background.

Like the indoor cloud though! NICE set! Truth is stranger than Photoshop, to be sure.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Some of the photos were pretty convincing, but the rest? I can't believe people fell for it!

I did think that the cloud inside the room was a lovely piece of art, but what in the heck was that last pic supposed to be? Cthulhu rising from the sea?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That last one sent a shiver down my spine ,seaweed creeps me out for some reason.
Cool post

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Imagine being on a boat in that lake in California.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The giant rabbits right out of 'Night of the Lepus' b-movie blows my mind. When I first watched the video I for sure thought it was a fake. I guess not.

As for the kid with 31 digits, he should have kept them. They could have made him an Olympic swimmer. Phelps wouldn't stand a chance against him.

edit on 12-12-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
NOOO the kid cut off all his extra fingers? He was sent by the guitar Gods!! Now whos going to save music?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Namibia shot ..try as I might..

I cannot get mental perspective to the field of view to make sense of what they say that is. No perspective. It looks like an orange wall of color thrown in for the background.

I have a problem getting my head around this picture aswel, the brain doesn't compute..lol

This picture was taken in the Namibian desert at twilight.
The yellow/orange background is not the sky, it’s actually a sand dune and the spots are patches of white grass. The foreground is bluish and dark as a result of being in the shade.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I can see it now that you posted a still shot. I don't think the white stuff is grass though because you can clearly see the grass to the right of the picture. I think they could be rocks instead because I've never, in any light, seen white grass.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Here's the link to the source of the Namibia desert picture, there are actually some other great Namibia pictures to on this link to view.

Africa's Super Park

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You know, I still can't get my mind to see it. I just can't get a handle anywhere for depth or scale. That's the problem. It looks the same in each corner as it does in the middle...so it comes off to my mind as a wall of speckled color...not a 3-d object in the world of the picture. How weird.... I would LOVE to see that same setting zoomed out to get the full sense of what was being photographed. I'm not usually one to remain in a cloud of confusion on an image, even after it's spelled out carefully but darned if there isn't a first for everything.

It's an orange background with the spray paint tool set to white and used too much.
I know what it IS...but that is what it looks like, no matter how I try.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I had to dig further into that Namibia desert picture for my own peace of mind.

I came across some other shoots taken by the same guy Frans Lanting from the same location

It's still mind boggling.
Source

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You know, I still can't get my mind to see it. I just can't get a handle anywhere for depth or scale. That's the problem. It looks the same in each corner as it does in the middle...so it comes off to my mind as a wall of speckled color...not a 3-d object in the world of the picture. How weird.... I would LOVE to see that same setting zoomed out to get the full sense of what was being photographed. I'm not usually one to remain in a cloud of confusion on an image, even after it's spelled out carefully but darned if there isn't a first for everything.

It's an orange background with the spray paint tool set to white and used too much.
I know what it IS...but that is what it looks like, no matter how I try.

I'm looking at as an orange colored sandy hill and the camera just isn't showing the top of the hill. The hill rises from the flat land and if you look close enough it looks like shaded parts of the hill are a deeper orange.

The lighter dots are rocks littered up the side of the hill.

Peace

edit on 12-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I Love Frank & Louie.

He walks on a leash and is quite the celebrity in His Neighborhood.

Excellent Thread! S&F on this one.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I can't even believe that this one was actually taken at Innsmouth, New England...

It may not be shopped, but I am not sure that is seaweed.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

wh-wh-where's the sky?

I'd curl up and cry like a little baby if I was caught dead in that area. My brain wouldn't be able to take it, it looks like a trip.
edit on 13-12-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

ETA found it

my brain doesn't feel so sad anymore
edit on 13-12-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I saw a guy, here in San Diego, do the rock balancing. I even took a video. The guy is all over youtube! The guy's name is Bill Dan.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
wow! thanks op this is what i need just in time, i have a picture i need help with from anyone please, i cant tell if its Photoshopped or is it real, is there a real place like this then it is just most AMAZING.

you see it looks real but if you think about it can water really do that or is that really good Photoshop?
edit on 12/13/2012 by o0pinMind0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
That would appear to be the Yangtze river waterfall. Google has a great image return display for a search on it.

Waterfall Pics from a variety of angles

@Snapperski

Thank You for finding the same basic scene with perspective. NOW it makes sense. I agree, it's still hard to quite...see it. It makes sense given the others though. The world is a strange strange place. If only I had a million to spend just visiting places to see them.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join