It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victim exposes orthodox sect known as the "Jewish Taliban".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
[The] trial that ripped open the veil concealing the Orthodox Satmar Jewish sect, a religious subset whose leaders the victim calls “the Jewish Taliban.”

“I questioned some Jewish laws,’’ she said. “I questioned why women are sometimes — I don’t want to use word — degraded. They’re less than guys.”

And the Satmars punished her by sending her to the devil.

Weberman was convicted in Brooklyn of sexually abusing this young lady, now 18, repeatedly and cruelly, for three long years.

“He burned me with a lighter on my stomach,’’ she said almost in a whisper, recalling a terrible incident that never made it into trial testimony.

At one point, the Vaad Ha’Tznius — or “modesty committee,” the loathed Satmar enforcers — visited her parents.

“They made them sign papers saying we have to throw out the computer. I can’t go on vacation. I’m too rebellious. I have to dress in a certain way. I felt they were telling me how to breathe.”

Horrific. The fact that this was taking place in the US is that much more disturbing.

For all the political strife, the similarity among certain religions is well, interesting.

If you study the actual texts of Judaism and Islam, youll find many similarities, especially in Deuteronomy and Leviticus. There are lines, phrases, paragraphs, rules, laws (many dealing with punishment) which are nearly identical.

And then there are the ultra "conservative" branches of these faiths which seem to go above and beyond.

It would be my guess that neither group (the Afghani Taliban nor the "Jewish" Taliban/Satmar) is practicing their faith as prescribed, but it is interesting to see how there are similarities in the rules, behavior and enforcement.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WOW! That is amazing.. Although it sounds about as Jewish as Christian Identity was Christian. I suppose cult types and just plain sick or twisted individuals will use whatever lever is most effective to capture and keep a victim. If religion floats their boat to make that happen? Well. it does seem to be a tool of choice among psychopaths. This is just a horrific story for having happened right here in the U.S. though. It makes you wonder..or at least it did me occasionally..what goes on behind those closed curtains and doors in any given town?

Those two towns in Arizona/Utah the FLDS had basically taken over and made their personal property for their cult crap are towns I'd driven right through several times in the 90's. It's a short cut from I-40 in Arizona to I-15 in Utah at St George. I never would have guessed the evil I was passing through in those two places.,...and so with this story. It does make you wonder how much happens almost within reach of each of us that we never even guess at. n
edit on 12-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Whats the FLDS and what was going on or maybe I dont wanna know...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Warren Jeff's vision for the FLDS

FLDS = Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints or the extreme fruit loop wing of the Mormon Church. It's an ugly little corner of that Faith and ..to be clear for the benefit of the Church who I know members of....Salt Lake City does NOT endorse the FLDS people in even the slightest passing way. They're extreme enough to stand outside even that theology.

Colorado City, Arizona is the main one you'll find the most press on but it was such an open joke for it being a private posession of the FLDS that DHS delisted the Police and County authorities there from having access to anything sensitive for counter-terrorism or Homeland security intelligence. That is saying something.. err... It does take all kinds.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by gladtobehere

Warren Jeff's vision for the FLDS

FLDS = Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints or the extreme fruit loop wing of the Mormon Church. It's an ugly little corner of that Faith and ..to be clear for the benefit of the Church who I know members of....Salt Lake City does NOT endorse the FLDS people in even the slightest passing way. They're extreme enough to stand outside even that theology.

Colorado City, Arizona is the main one you'll find the most press on but it was such an open joke for it being a private posession of the FLDS that DHS delisted the Police and County authorities there from having access to anything sensitive for counter-terrorism or Homeland security intelligence. That is saying something.. err... It does take all kinds.

Suppose FLDS exists as an example of an extreme distraction so that attention is drawn away from the true evil that lies at the source of FLDS and Warren Jeffs, which is the so-called Mormon Church of Latter Day Saints, hence lending to the LDS an air of legitimacy by comparison?
edit on 12-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregorian

Sorry, OP... I knew mentioning that was a risk at bringing out the Anti-Mormon folk.... I didn't intend that. I was just citing an example of how this thing does happen behind the closed windows and doors of America as much as other nations and we don't even know to suspect it until it's all over and the media shows up to interview neighbors.

@Quick reply and I'm off thread because I know myself too well on this path to think I can be otherwise. .... I know Mormons. I'm related to Mormons. My wife's Grandmother is a devout Mormon. I'd note that as a real big thing to consider in flaming away on a whole church as tho every member of it is guilty of anything at all. ATS is diverse beyond most sites...which means...flaming something usually means you're flaming someone directly, personally, and to their face. In this case? Mormon bashing IS flaming me, directly, as I see it...and I know I'm not alone in thinking it, even if often alone in voicing it publicly. If U2U could speak, that truth would scream from the rooftops.

Great thread otherwise though...and important to know this sort of thing happens in the most unsuspecting of locations.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What gives with the sudden LDS bashing ? I was going to say that fundamentalist extremism exists in all faiths and it's always bad . But if hate and intolerance towards people who mostly mind there own business isn't worse then it's right up there with it .

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My apologies to anyone here who took offense to my remarks referencing cults that emanated from LDS...............................I tried to do something but the window was closed - Sorry..............

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
From the little I understand of it, this broke off the Hasidic sect. Similar to the evolution of the Taliban, they believe the group from which they'd splintered had become too modernized and lenient.

top topics

join