It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Navy recruiting Satanists!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea!

Well the Arabs think the west are devils this will only support their fears.

I mean while the rest of the crew is praying for survival what�s the Satanist doing? I find this hard to believe.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nowing British law they hadn`t prepared themselves for this happening and if they dismissed him from the Navy he probably be able to sue them.Given time something will happen that will end his career in the Navy

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
They seem quite happy about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Good for them. At least it show some equality between beliefs.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea!

Well the Arabs think the west are devils this will only support their fears.

I mean while the rest of the crew is praying for survival what�s the Satanist doing? I find this hard to believe.

- Firstly the RN didn't recruit a satanist they recruited the man. They have now ruled that his beliefs are not their concern and good for them IMO.

Secondly the Daily Telegraph is hardly an unbiased source of information on this kind of thing, I mean they're about as laughably right-wing and old-fashioned as it's possible to get in print in the UK (sometimes tied with the Daily Mail for that 'honour').

The Telegraph (and it's usual predictable spin) is invariably a sad joke.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This would be a sick development but not surprising, but I would nt worry about the moslems, his own shipmates will handle this one.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My bet is the officers are probablyall freemasons anyway, and while acutely embarrassed by the publicity, will protect their brother atheist.

All these occult and satanic cults see nothing wrong in any of this. It is all just a bit of harmless mumbo jumbo. A few blood sacrifices at midnight, craping on a bible, all good fun.

Yeah everyone should have the right to do exactly as they please, eh !

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The Telegraph article is horribly flawed, in the first paragraph it called the man a devil-worshiper. Satanists do not worship the devil, they are, actually, secular humanists.

This is all just an attempt to demonize the Satanists and make the Royal Navy look bad. There's no real news here, the United States, EU, and UK all recognize many religions that people find odd. There are a good number of Witches in the US military. According to the UK census the military is 10% Jedi Knight and Satanists have been welcome in many of the militaries of the EU since the 1960s.

It's just a play for readership, the Telegraph is a laughably bias news source anyways and who really cares what religion you are when you're being shot at?

My adivce to the Telegraph is sadly the same thing I would have said to them for years: Do your homework, get the facts right, be unbias and stop being the backdoor hooker of the House Of Lords

As for the Royal Navy: Good on ya blokes for worrying about what matters and not making this a huge issue.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well it was only a matter of time. It all started going down hill in the RN when they started letting women go to sea!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What does the Satanist call himself? If he worships man as god why doesn't he call himself a humanist?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"Satanistism" is a very reactive religion. Basically they like to cause controversy so their founder Anton LeVey, decided to just call em Satanists because it would piss off the Christians.

They don't believe in a god, but they do use magikal practices and cast spells. If you want to know more, read The Satanist Bible (yes it will probably make you angry and probably make you think that LeVey is a jerk) or take a basic college level Philosophy of Religion class at a public or other secular university.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Sounds like plain old paganism and wiccan with a name that will piss of Christians.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
i dont see a problem with his beliefs if they dont affect his role in the navy. If i had a satanist under me in the forces it wonder be a problem to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ahem..............

All you bible thumping rabid Christian fundimentalist nuts....I got news for you...........

OUR ARMED FORCES HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF SATANISTS TOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about that? We have satanists who are identified as such (even on their dog tags). We have Wiccans, pagans, even a couple Buddists. Hindus, mormons, Muslims, yup...........

Your armed forces are not as Christian as you think. In fact, out of my unit, i can only think of about 5 people out of 570 who actually were regular church goers. the rest of us spent sunday morning recovering from hangovers or wondering how to get rid of the strange person we woke up with.

But anyway, im surprised it took this long for the british military to come out. back in 1994, the US army finaly recogonized Pagans and Wiccans and satanists. I remeber one girl in my basic training unit who had a copy of the satanic bible, and the drill seargants could not take it away from her because it was religous. She was actually a pretty nice person.

My battle buddy was Wiccan. She even blessed our foxhole with some oak Branches after we got done digging it.

But as far as anyone giving satanists or pagans or other religons any #, it simply did not happen in my unit. Most people I knew were agnostic or only marginally religous who really didnt care if you prayed to a pile of sticks and mud, so long as you dug that pile yourself and do your friggin job, no one really cares what you pray to.

Our military is not so 'christian" as everyone thinks. DUH!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The U.S. military recognised the Church of Satan some time ago. Some of the military manuals have "last rites" ceremonies for several religions including satanists, published in them.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
The U.S. military recognised the Church of Satan some time ago. Some of the military manuals have "last rites" ceremonies for several religions including satanists, published in them.

You are absolutely correct.

i remeber our drill seargants, when we were in our basic military regulations class, stated as such. they said, in here, were not black, white, brown, Christian, jewish, or devil worshipers, were all green."

And when i was in, religous tensions pretty much werent a factor, since everyone kept their religous beliefs to themselves. there was some racial problems, but none that were religous. not even when we were in saudi, and a bunch of guys started professing to be Muslims. No one really cared at all.

if you told people you were a witch or a Satanist, they might roll their eyes and say, well, dont be near me when the shooting starts, but thats about it. i was actually surprised to see the number of religous beliefs of the eastern or new Age type that were so common.

Crystal worshipping hippies in camoflague and kevlar? believe it folks! they are defending your country too!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From what I understand, there are two kinds of actual satanists. One are people who beleive in black magic, that is magic practiced to bring harm to other people, and in general they are actual evil people who more or less worship satan or something like it.

Then there are pagans/nature worshippers/wiccan who think its kitchy or whatever to call themselves satanists, but aren't actually that.

The first type should obviously be destroyed like the animals that their actions indicate they actually are, while the second type, which is almost certainly what this guy is, should be left alone like everyone else.

On the other hand, I personally think that there's a certain justice in him receiving a bit of trouble for calling himself a satanist rather than a wiccan or pagan or 'dualist' or anything else. Its sort of like starting a "Hitlerite Political Party' but not being nazis.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
From what I understand, there are two kinds of actual satanists. One are people who beleive in black magic, that is magic practiced to bring harm to other people, and in general they are actual evil people who more or less worship satan or something like it.

Then there are pagans/nature worshippers/wiccan who think its kitchy or whatever to call themselves satanists, but aren't actually that.

The first type should obviously be destroyed like the animals that their actions indicate they actually are, while the second type, which is almost certainly what this guy is, should be left alone like everyone else.

On the other hand, I personally think that there's a certain justice in him receiving a bit of trouble for calling himself a satanist rather than a wiccan or pagan or 'dualist' or anything else. Its sort of like starting a "Hitlerite Political Party' but not being nazis.

Wrong.

Wiccans and pagans have nothing in common with satanists. other than maybe both have read Alister crowley at some point.

the two types of satanists are: Church of satan, and devil worshipers.

Real satanists do not believe in an evil spook in red pajamas with a pictufork. Their belief is that satan is an idea, a construct of the human mind, represnting traditional evil. Evil is the act of self gratification. the golden rule of satanism is "do what thou willst". satanists simply believe in living by their own code of conduct. they do not believe that there is anything wrong with sex, drugs, or punching someones lights out if they hit you. They do not believe in guilt, they believe in total freedom of human life without boundaries of guilt, morality, and conscience.

they do not believe in god or devil, but the concepts personified by such. They are best described as amoral athiests to the extreme. they do not practice 'black magic" to go hurt people. they practice rituals for the sake of performing them to get in touch with the dark side of humanity.

Devil worshipers actually believe in a real devil, who will give them power if they sacrifice goats and chickens. or do black magic.

And Wiccans never call themselves satanists. they have their own moral code, and worship nature, or at least, the principals of nature. They dont egnerally have a problem with satanists, rpovided satanists dont harrass them.

It would be good to actually read the tenets of the satanic Church to get a better idea of what satanism is all about.

www.churchofsatan.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd rather serve with a satanist then a christian that cheers when abortion clinics get bombed, or kill their kids with rocks and say god told me to do it. Christianity isn't such a "pure" good religion to say the least. I don't know why there is always such a fuss about satanists. More then likely everyone is wrong in their choice of religion and we'll all find out one day for ourselves so until then who cares what someone practices if they live a good life, do their job, and don't try to force their beliefs on you it's all good.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
While I see what you are saying about Wiccans and actual 'Satanists' being seperate, they'd both generally be classed under the 'new agey paganism' type stuff by most people. If satanism isn't a religion then I guess its a different story. I grouped it along with wiccanism and other pagans mainly to distinguish between legitimate satanists and hokey black magic 'devil worshipers'

It would be good to actually read the tenets of the satanic Church to get a better idea of what satanism is all about.

Not really interested in another form of hedonsim. Ceratinly don't need a 'church' to practice it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join