It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the royal baby question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Short but just a question,
Shoud Princess Kate "Middleton"Windsor,was to have twins now who would be the heir to the throne???

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

The first one to be born, followed by the second one, would be my guess.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

that was my thinking what if ones a boy and ones a girl don't males have move up the hierarchy over the girls.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yeah they do, according to my sources (Interwebs)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

that was my thinking what if ones a boy and ones a girl don't males have move up the hierarchy over the girls.
Not sure on that one. There is a queen right now. So they do not dismiss female descendents.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm not an expert but my understanding is if a girl was born she would be first in line to the throne. If later a boy is born then he would take precedence over the older girl. So you could have several girls all born and then the last one a boy and he would be first in line over his older sisters.

However there is a move to change all that and give girls the same rights as boys in which case the first born would be first in line no matter the sex.

Not sure where they are with that change of rules.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

Not any more. Rules were changed so that the first born takes the throne, irrespective of sex.

Girls equal in throne succession

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Another interesting question would be....what if she has twins and then has to have a C-section

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

They haven't been changed yet.
The event in your linked article was the Commonwealth countries agreeing that they would change the rules, but the agreement then has to be carried out by changing the laws in the various countries.
When the news broke about the new baby, the news report was that the government was responding by speeding up the change. They probably intend to make it law before the birth.

edit on 12-12-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

well played thank's

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Good point. It was being discussed in Parliament and agreed to though (by all parties), so i don't think it will be much longer.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Another interesting question would be....what if she has twins and then has to have a C-section

Very good question.

Would not want to be the Doctor!!!

You made me think of this-- What if the child was mentally handicapped? (As in very low functioning)
Certainly don't wish that! But it is a valid question.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

If this was obvious and unchallengeable at an early stage, the child could be set aside by Act of Parliament, in the same way that the Stuarts have already been set aside.
If they were already on the throne by the time the question arose, there's always the solution adopted for George III- get the nearest close relative to be Regent.

new topics

top topics

join