It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US intelligence's vision of 2030 (Superhumans, supercities and supercomputers)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Not much progress will be made in the next 20 years.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Militarywarfare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for my personal flying car and robot I was promised when I was growing up 30 years ago...I watched the Jetsons.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
What the report really means is a tiny percent of the American Elite will live like superpowered megagods in their shiny magical super cities while the vast majority will be outside, looking in, wondering where their next meal is coming from and where can they find a doctor to look at that funny lump growing on their head.
The elite are going to have a hell of a time when they ring the bell and no servant shows up because they are all outside wondering where their next meal is coming from. Ha. How can you have the elite without someone to do the grunt work?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Glad I was born before this whole brain chip thing takes off.

I invite anyone to try and put something in my brain....

"come at me, brah."

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Robots my dear, robots
It is the future we're talking about here. Besides how many servants do rich, surgically altered transhumans need ? not that many i'm guessing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

these visions are always wrong

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

The predictive science in use by intelligence agencies today is some of the most advanced, esoteric and analytic technology mankind has ever created. These programs are well funded and currently operational. It is folly to pass this off as mere "visions".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
people need to re-reads futurists " predictions " from the 50s ~ 70s of that life in tY2K would be like , to put this in context

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Seems like we are lucky individuals indeed.

We are now living at the peak of technology without completely losing our privacy. Just imagine what they will do with that technology to monitor and control the general population. They can keep their brain implants, that is for certain. I do not need faster thoughts or better memory recall. Thanks to the system - I am trying to avoid both of those things!!!
one of those sad but true things.

Night vision? My pupils do dilate in low light. I vote we get rid of all the smog. Then the stars and the moon are your night vision. Why do I need a freaking micro chip for that? Call me crazy....

The only good I see coming from this is medical advances. We will be able to spend more time in this life with our family, in less pain and general discomfort, and be able to do more good in our lives with our longer life span.

If they try to force parents to micro chip their kids "for their own good" to get into school my grand children will not be attending.

The good news is, this is coming from intelligence agencies. I never believed a word they say anyways
. Sadly, they are probably not lying in this case.

Let's hope the good outweighs the bad. Who knows, maybe in the next 100 years we will finally stop killing each other and get off this planet and see what else God has in store for us. Has anyone ever considered that technology would have advanced just as much with a big push for space exploration as it does with war? IMHO...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

The predictive science in use by intelligence agencies today is some of the most advanced, esoteric and analytic technology mankind has ever created. These programs are well funded and currently operational. It is folly to pass this off as mere "visions".

it's in the title

top topics

<< 1   >>

join