It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US intelligence's vision of 2030 (Superhumans, supercities and supercomputers)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

US intelligence's vision of 2030 (Superhumans, supercities and supercomputers)

rt.com

The NIC released on Monday “Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds,” an 140-page report that brings together the best brains within the intelligence sector to find out what we might expect a few decades down the road. Given the current rate of growth in technology and medicine, the marvels considered in the NIC report shouldn’t come as all too surprising
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Really weird,

Cyborg civilians, I have always known this would be a possibility in the near future basing my opinion on current advances in science and medicine.

This very well could be the vision of those who remain hidden, “megacities will flourish and take the lead in confronting global challenges" sounds very much like what we have been branding as "The New World Order" for many years.

“Future retinal eye implants could enable night vision, and neuro-enhancements could provide superior memory recall or speed of thought.”

Much like the idea of us possibly living in a virtual universe, If we can rub a diamond(heating it up) we are essentially moving the electrons around, but no electrons can remain the same energy level, therefore by rubbing the diamond I have essentially changed every electron in the universe (Pauli exclusion principle), So everything is connected, Much like inside a virtual domain (A computer) This to me suggests we could be living a virtual enviroment.

What we describe in the computing world as bits could essentially be compared to physics, Bits being the High and low voltage (0,1 Binary) so bits could be compared to atoms, controlling the universe on the physical level.

“Brain-machine interfaces could provide ‘superhuman’ abilities, enhancing strength and speed, as well as providing functions not previously available.”

AKA The Super soldier, im convinced the plans of those who remain hidden, are agenda based and not to help humanity, but to help humanity to help them.

Any thoughts and comments are much appreciated

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-12-2012 by The0nlytruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I got as far as US Intelligence and the subsequent laughing fit rendered me unable to continue reading

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

HUH? If you would read it you may find it to be very interesting.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

Who produces the report isn't as important as the truth of what's being described. And also, the US intelligence communities probably have a better handle on global trends than any of us.

These emerging technologies are going to give us a radically different world in a few decades...many new challenges will be presented: how much self-engineering should be allowed, what is the role of AI, where does one make the distinction between a technology that can improve society and one that is a threat to national security.

Interesting time we live in.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What the report really means is a tiny percent of the American Elite will live like superpowered megagods in their shiny magical super cities while the vast majority will be outside, looking in, wondering where their next meal is coming from and where can they find a doctor to look at that funny lump growing on their head.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Yeah he is an idiot for ignoring this, please take some time to read my comments, i would like somebody to provide a little feedback on the way im thinking right now.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

That's a super cynical interpretation. Thus far, advancements in technology have been made available to the public and raised quality of life in many ways. There's no reason to think this won't continue.

In 2030 it is well within the realm of possibilities that noone is worrying about where their next meal is coming from any longer. Sure, the spoils of progress go into the hands of the elite before anyone else and at a higher level, but the progress still applies to the rest of the population.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It is always interesting to get a rare glimpse of what the "intelligentsia" is thinking. Of course, these are always more of a "to do list" of the NWO than a prediction. Sort of like psychological warfare with the aim of achieving a self-fulfilling end-game.

I remember in 2007 the "Ministry of Defence Concepts & Doctrine Center" (UK) released a report outlining the "future strategic context" to the year 2035. That report envisions a nightmare future society in which populations are forced to accept brain chips, immigration and urbanization ravages communities, class warfare ensues, and finally, genotype and neutron weapons are used to combat overpopulation.

- Within 30 years implanted brain chips as standard for all citizens in developed nations.

- A sharp decline in the population of white Europeans but an 81% increase in the population of sub-Saharan Africa and that of Middle Eastern countries by 132%.

- Unchecked globalization that effectively ends the nation state and leads to wars based on territorial belief systems rather than country against country.

- Endemic unemployment, instability and threat to the social order as a result of population increase.

- A mass revolt on behalf of the middle classes of the developed world in opposition to rampant immigration, an urban under-class and the deterioration of social order.

- The revival of Marxism as a replacement for religion in an increasingly morally relativist age.

- The emergence of a "terrorist coalition," an alliance of belief systems that oppose the state, from environmentalists to "ultra-nationalists" and remnants of religious groups.

-The "explicit use" of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear weapons and devices delivered by unmanned vehicles or missiles.

- The development of neutron weapons that destroy living organisms but not buildings. "The weapon of choice for extreme ethnic cleansing in an increasingly populated world".

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

I'm trying to find a free download of the full report, I love this kind of stuff. You know any site where it's available?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Comment Removed

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Wrong lin, here is the right one Global trends

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Thanks, I was just there and missed the link.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Predictions of the future and future technology isn't anything new. As i recall from my youth we were suposed to be living in moonbases, using flyng cars, robots for housework and general duties, cures for cancer, etc. It's about raising expectations and providing an optimistic view of the future. Things have been a bit bleak lately ,what with the global financial meltdown and I'm sure that article was just an attempt to go against the current doom treads. Personally i think technology can be dangerous, we don't always see the consequences of these developments we make. If anything we should slow down a bit and come to terms with the technology we've already developed.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

I feel the same way often, and at this point every advancement brings with it some serious dangers. You're right about that. But if we can develop a lot of these sciences that are on the brink and use them responsibly, there is a lot of good to come from it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I really suggest that you all play a game called "Deus Ex Human Revolution".
It has to do with this "cyborg civilians".The characters are joined with various augmented machines kind of like the transformer.

It also has to do with the illuminati and conspiracy.
And the best part-it takes place in 2027 !!!

When I read "cyborg civilians" ,it reminded me of this.
Anyways good thread , S and F.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
computer world intel corp 2020 brain chip

By the year 2020, you won't need a keyboard and mouse to control your computer, say Intel Corp. researchers. Instead, users will open documents and surf the Web using nothing more than their brain waves. Scientists at Intel's research lab in Pittsburgh are working to find ways to read and harness human brain waves so they can be used to operate computers, television sets and cell phones. The brain waves would be harnessed with Intel-developed sensors implanted in people's brains. The scientists say the plan is not a scene from a sci-fi movie -- Big Brother won't be planting chips in your brain against your will. Researchers expect that consumers will want the freedom they will gain by using the implant. "I think human beings are remarkable adaptive," said Andrew Chien, vice president of research and director of future technologies research at Intel Labs. "If you told people 20 years ago that they would be carrying computers all the time, they would have said, 'I don't want that. I don't need that.' Now you can't get them to stop [carrying devices]. There are a lot of things that have to be done first but I think [implanting chips into human brains] is well within the scope of possibility." Intel research scientist Dean Pomerleau told Computerworld that users will soon tire of depending on a computer interface, and having to fish a device out of their pocket or bag to access it. He also predicted that users will tire of having to manipulate an interface with their fingers. Instead, they'll simply manipulate their various devices with their brains.

2020 baby! computer brain chips!

WE should be at about 4nm transistors by then! if not photonics and nearly into quantum computers!
edit on 12-12-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Don't forget the "Black Swans..".

.."The report also sees the potential for "black swan" shocks to the system. These include: a severe pandemic; faster-than-forecast climate change; the collapse of the European Union; the collapse of China (or its embrace of democracy); and a reformed Iran that abandons its suspected nuclear weapons program. They also include a conflict using nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, or a large-scale cyber-attack; solar geomagnetic storms that may knock out satellites and the electric grid; or a sudden retreat of the U.S. from global affairs..."
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hmm,these scientists in the past predicted I would own my very own anti grav belt,flying car,and apartment on the moon by now...
None has yet happened sadly.

But as technology advances,we could easily see IR contacts,modified virus bourne DNA upgrades,and a direct mind interface with the internet.

2030 seems about right,provided we don't encounter anything planet/species threatening before then.

Thing is,this crap will create an underclass of "normal"humans who cannot afford the technology.
It could in fact lead to a situation where the wealthy are able to out evolve the majority of poor,which would lead to the dominance of the amped wealthy over the poor.

Not much change from how it is today,and always has been really.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Having thought about it further-
I am sure the UK MOD/Army released a report a year or two back detailing a similar scenario,with the widening gap between the technological elite and the mass poor actually leading to a kind of evolutionary split by 2100.

The elite would be a tall thin race,while the mass poor would degenerate into a shorter,fatter race of subservient workers.
Plan steams ahead at full throttle so far it seems..

I cannot find a link,but I am sure someone on ATS knows the report I mean.

The US intel vision of 2030 merely confirms the genesis of such a possible future.
And maybe accelerates the timeframe.

edit on 12/12/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join