It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A modern interpretation of The Lord's Prayer and The 10 Commandments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The Lord's Prayer (in modern translation easier to read with interpretation)

Our father who is in heaven:

The "Kingdom of Heaven" is not a physical place, but a metaphor. It is a state of being. It was also used in such a sense in the bible [1]. Some say that the word "entos" should be "among you" instead of "within" but if we look at it's usage another word where "entos" is used in the bible is to say "within the cup" [2]. "Father" refers to "The Source" the omnipresent consciousness residing in this state of consciousness.

Blessed be your name;

This is a personal praise to The Omnipresent One (I Am).

May your kingdom come;

This is a prayer to help raise the consciousness of humans on the planet, to find The Kingdom of Heaven within.

May your will be done,

This is a powerful prayer for the actions of people to arise from The Kingdom of Heaven (awareness) rather than the lack of awareness.

On earth, as it is in heaven.

All things are perfect within The Kingdom.

And give us today our bread of higher being;

Most translate this as "daily bread" but ἐπιούσιον means ἐπι (on/at/over/super/higher) and ούσιον (substance/essence/existence/being). This word is a compound only appearing in the bible and it was translated as "daily' since a good translation could not be found at the time.

And forgive us of our debts,

Pardon us for not staying connected to our true self in The Kingdom of Heaven of The Father (I am - the omnipresent).

As we also forgive our debtors;

And since we are aware that we have erred from our true nature, we forgive others who do the same.

And do not lead us into temptation;

We want to stay connected to The Kingdom (in awareness/calmness) instead of The World (lack of awareness which leads to suffering).

But deliver us from evil.

Spiritual Liberation - not identifying with that which causes suffering (thoughts, emotions). "Evil" is man's description of that which leads to suffering.

Because the kingdom and the power and the glory is yours forever, truly.

The Kingdom is Infinite and Eternal - so it is "Forever" - and it is also Omnipresent (always present).

The Ten Commandments:

1. Do not worship any other Gods.

The only god is "I am" - "The Ultimate Reality", which means that God is existence, which means that God is omnipresent).

2. Do not make carved images of anything in heaven, earth, or the water to worship - Do not worship idols.

Humans have the tendency to make the unknown into gods to worship. In ancient times "Death" was a god that people would worship and they thought that hopefully "Death" would have mercy and spare them to live a little while longer. By creating gods, or focusing gods that are supposed to be "beings" in some "realm" - you miss the essence of the true God that "IS" - the omnipresent one.

3. The not take the name of The Lord in vain.

God is "I am" - "am" - "to be" is the essence. Always defining yourself as a "thing" in the mind - "I am this... I am that..." you forget the core of all existence "to be" - "The I am"

4. Remember The Sabbath Day - to keep it holy.

The word "Sabbath" comes from a Hebrew root meaning "to rest from labor". This was advice given to humans to remind them that they are human "beings" and not human "doings". So many people live their lives in a rush today always trying to "do" something instead of just "resting/being".

5. Honor your father and mother.

Appreciate the source of your physical body that you now experience in this physical existence.

6. Do not murder.

Do not set out to kill another, instead, stay in "I am" presence - in the sense of silence and calmness where action arises from the source.

7. Do not commit adultery.

Lust is short-lived. A temporary satisfaction. A goose chase to the fulfillment of another desire.

8. Do not steal.

Instead of action arising from lack. Allow action to arise from "I am" presence - neutral calmness.

9. Do not lie.

Instead embrace what is (truth/reality). Embrace the "I Am" that is all existence - the omnipresent one.

10. Do not covet.

Instead, allow your intentions to arise from "I Am" presence - neutral stillness. The intentions from the source do not leave a feeling of "longing/lack" instead - focusing on presence - intentions are current and are are easily achieved.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I see it different

1 and 2 is created to keep the power to the makers of this "lows", we don't need that two
if you follow the instructions of the other 8 your live will be just easier if you think of consequences if you do murder, steal and such

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Great thread.
Sf

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Everyone has their own interpretation. None being more right or wrong than the other.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Your interpretation is the same as mine. Not saying we are "right" but the view is the same.

For me... it speaks from within and not abroad.

Thanks for the insight as I am sure there will be others who come along and think... "hmmmm I have never thought it like that before".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Excellent interpretation.
If only those poor blind souls still asleep to their true reality could get themselves past the 'old book full of old sayings' perception, and understand there are rules and guidelines for right living and spiritual advancement.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
hmmmmm, I have never thought it like that before. Just kidding, and then again not just kidding. Was nice to examine and to interprete. Thx. Good share.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ah, if we could rewrite the Bible!

I like the fact that you removed (sidestep) Yahweh from the context. I guess that rids us of all those pesky Mosiac laws about how the 10 Commandments are to be enforced, according to Yahweh!

As far as re-interpreting "The Lords Prayer," I don't think it needs any work or explanation. Why do you?

edit on 12-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I didn't really change The Lord's Prayer. I translated from The Original Greek into English as we speak it today.

As for "Give us today our..."

I didn't translate it as "daily bread" because epiousion does NOT mean daily. It means higher (epi-) essence (ousio), epiousion (of higher essence / of higher being). The italic text is just the interpretation. For example "The Kingdom" is not an actual place in the sky but a state of being within you. How do I know this? Because it was also used as a metaphor in the bible when Jesus said "The Kingdom of heaven is within you".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Interesting.

Blessed be your name; This is a personal praise to The Omnipresent One (I Am).

Is "I Am" the Greek translation of name of God that Jesus used? I thought Jesus called his father "Abba." "EhYeh" (Yahweh I am that I am) is the name for "I Am."

It is my belief that Jesus didn't teach that Yahweh was his father.

Also I think that you'll find mixed consensus as to the "Kingdom his of Heaven" not being a physical place. Many Christians will argue that the resurrection of the body, is a symbolism of a promise of physical resurrection for all followers. Corpses are preserved, by the faithful, for this very reason.

Personally I think both are true. The kingdom is within, but I believe in reincarnation, not resurrection, but in a physical afterlife.

Also, I picture Jesus of having been a very charismatic man, and in Jewish tradition, prayers were sung, and there is a sort of dance that can accompany.

I wish I could find a better video, because some of these prayers are spectacular!

So, when Jesus taught the people how to pray, I bet he did it like a ROCK STAR!

edit on 12-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Is "I Am" the Greek translation of name of God that Jesus used? I thought Jesus called his father "Abba." "EhYeh" (Yahweh I am that I am) is the name for "I Am."

Any being can call itself whatever it wants. There are people called "Jesus" but I don't think they actually are. The name was taken from another. "I Am" represents the fact that everything is all connected as one whole (I) and everything is just pure existence (AM). Abba means "Father' - the "Father" of heaven, is the Source of Unity Consciousness (omnipresent one) - since "The Kingdom of Heaven is Within You" as I showed where it says that in the bible in the original post with the word "entos".

According to the bible in John 8:58

" Jesus said to them, truly, truly, before Abraham was, I AM." (ego eimi - ehjeh - I AM)

Jesus understood that Unity (I) Being (AM) was the source (Father) of all that is...

To understand Unity (I) Being (AM) is to understand "The Kingdom of Heaven within".

Also I think that you'll find mixed consensus as to the "Kingdom his of Heaven" not being a physical place.

I am using it in the same way it is shown here:

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." - Luke 17:21

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Any being can call itself whatever it wants. There are people called "Jesus" but I don't think they actually are. The name was taken from another. "I Am" represents the fact that everything is all connected as one whole (I) and everything is just pure existence (AM).

Yahweh called himself, I AM. Yahweh is absent from "The Lords Prayer" and I'd kinda like to keep it that way. I think it was written that way on purpose. You can't have Yahweh without all the baggage that he comes with.

Abba means "Father' - the "Father" of heaven,

That's what Jesus called the God that he told us about.

is the Source of Unity Consciousness (omnipresent one) - since "The Kingdom of Heaven is Within You" as I showed where it says that in the bible in the original post with the word "entos".

I won't argue with you on that. But the kingdom is both physical and etherical, imo.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

According to the bible in John 8:58

" Jesus said to them, truly, truly, before Abraham was, I AM." (ego eimi - ehjeh - I AM)

In my personal opinion, Jesus was talking about the pre-existence of his/our soul. If Jesus was Yahweh incarnate, then he's got some 'splainin to do!

Jesus understood that Unity (I) Being (AM) was the source (Father) of all that is...

To understand Unity (I) Being (AM) is to understand "The Kingdom of Heaven within".

Fine, if we're speaking English. But if we're translating the "I Am," then we're talking about Yahweh.

Also I think that you'll find mixed consensus as to the "Kingdom his of Heaven" not being a physical place.

I am using it in the same way it is shown here:

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." - Luke 17:21

Like I said. I think it's both

Matthew 11:11
Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are saying that Jesus is not I Am (existence)? What else could these physical bodies be except existence itself? I am is the awareness of existence.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Good interpretation, I agree with everything you said. S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by arpgme

You are saying that Jesus is not I Am (existence)? What else could these physical bodies be except existence itself? I am is the awareness of existence.

Perhaps a better term, so as not to confuse the "person/god" that is Yahweh, would be Ein Soph?

Ein Sof is the divine origin of all created existence, in contrast to the Ein (or Ayn), which is infinite no-thingness.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The word Ayin seems very interesting:

one should think of one's self as Ayin, and that "absolute all" and "absolute nothingness" are the same, and that the person who learns to think about himself as Ayin will ascend to a spiritual world, where everything is the same and everything is equal: "life and death, ocean and dry land."

It's not really "Nothingness", but it is more like this.

Imagine you are dreaming, but in the dream you do not have a body, instead it is like you are looking directly through "eyes" although there is no body to identify with (so no thoughts of "me") - there is just images, sounds, smells, tastes, sensations, coming and going, changing. And something is still that is watching it.

This is what "It" is - that I am talking about, the pure awareness. Even this pure awareness that is "nothing" (I know bad choice of word) still "IS BEING" as all "things" (physical or energy or this abstract awareness) ARE.

All IS - IS is what makes it all ONE (AM).

That is the best way to explain it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Everything is relative and no interpretations required for me.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yup. This was just for people who rely on this words (prayers, verses, commandments) , I am helping others who rely on words/idea/concepts, to see such things in different ways...

I am at the point where I am not relying on words either now (or at least I feel I am getting there somewhat)...
edit on 13-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

top topics

join