It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Royal prank call" radio station has to compensate the nurse's family? I don't think so.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here it is.

www.telegraph.co.uk... note-before-killing-herself.html

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The $500,000 sum was likely a pre-emptive pay off to prevent a law suit in 7 figures....perhaps 10x that amount given the potential for punitive damages.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

the nurse was an indian and i think due to her culture she was devastated and humiliated by the publicity

the radio station has suffered a lot of cancellations by the companies that were advertising on their network
if the radio station are donating any funds to the nurses family , it is trying to control the damage .

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This isn't the first time a radio station with a questionable sense of humor has caused trouble.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sounds like a load of BS to me.. Anyone would think the radio station tied the rope around her neck and kicked the chair from under her.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
To me this still seems like an honor killing.

Why would she hang herself over something so mundane? She was facing no disciplinary action, she was unknown until she allegedly hung herself. No one knew who she was.

Indians are very proud of their honor, and this wouldnt be the first time someone was murdered by their family because they brought shame on their family. Look at the family members..do they look like people bothered about the death of a loving mother/wife? No emotion.

I think its an absolute joke that the radio station would make such an offer, and shameful that the family would actually accept it. How many people commit suicide each year? How many of those could blame someone for them taking their lives? How many of those are compensated/paid off by the person they blame? NONE!
People can always lay blame on someone else, im surprised there arent law firms that deal with suicide in the hope of suing someone, laying blame on someone else.

If she did take her life, then that was her choice and i highly doubt the hoax call was the only reason behind it.
If she was killed by her family for bringing shame on them, who knows? Cant rule it out.

Whats with the MP Vaz chiming in?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
Here it is.

www.telegraph.co.uk... note-before-killing-herself.html

Did you notice your link has been deleted or removed? Maybe its just on my end but it seems nothing is there..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Actually, you are completly missing the point i was making. iIwas going along the lines that maybr she had marital or financial problems,. to live apart from her children. So dont make my comment personal. The only peole who are camped outside there front door are the press.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The radio station has broken Australian Broadcasting regulations for not seeking permission from the "prankee" to play an on air recording. There will be ramifications for their actions. Our sympathies should go to the family for their loss (without jugdement). The only people that should be judged is the station (who continually) have pushed the boundaries on their licensing agreement. The $500,000 compensation is a small price to pay and we can only hope that it makes things a little easier on the family (though no amount can ever compensate for their loss).....Proud Aussie here.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The family should compensate the world - LINK - for their own stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join