It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labyrinth Lies Within Mysterious Desert Drawing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Found this interesting article and thought I'd share. Apparently, there is a labyrinth hidden inside the Nazca lines.

Completely hidden in the flat and featureless landscape, the labyrinth was identified after a five-year investigation into the arid Peruvian coastal plain land, about 250 miles south of Lima, where the mysterious geoglyphs are located. "As you walk it, only the path stretching ahead of you is visible at any given point," Clive Ruggles of the University of Leicester's School of Archaeology and Ancient History, said.

The spiral in the above pic marks the end of the labyrinth.

First discovered by Ruggles when he spent a few days on the Nazca desert back in 1984, the labyrinth lies in the midst of the study area. "Factors beyond my control brought the 1984 expedition to an abrupt halt. It was only 20 years later that I eventually had the opportunity to return to Nazca, relocate the figure and study it fully," Ruggles said. He added that the only way to become aware of the labyrinth is to walk its 2.7-mile length through a disorienting twisting path.

So, in order to "see" the labyrinth, you have to actually walk it.

Aerial view showing labyrinth and spiral.

Ground view of the pathway.

There's been a lot of speculation concerning the reasons for the Nazca lines....does this evidence of a labyrinth change things?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hi smyleegrl

Loving your threads..

The last pic looks to me like

A row of houses and shops
and the outer lines could have been drainage/sewer

sort of reminds me of a game i played years ago called Zeus...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Great post! Weren't they always thought as pathways of spiritual meaning? The spiral and a preceding labyrinth sits quite well in that picture.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
There's been a lot of speculation concerning the reasons for the Nazca lines....does this evidence of a labyrinth change things?

Don't know how much it changes things...except, perhaps, to add another glimmer.
I've looked over the many hundreds of miles surrounding the Nazca plateau...and the "lines" go...a long way.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It is more a spiral than a labyrinth, but it has an interesting feature:

Try to get inside from outside - you will never reach the center.

Try to get outside from the center - the spiral way outside is not fully drawn, simply missing half-way through.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It looks like a serpent to me

These things always amaze me.

Cool find thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Cosmic Spiral

Is what comes to my mind

www.zenzibar.com...

After all ... alot think the Nazca Lines were to be seen from the heavens so it is only fitting that a spiral be found

Interesting Stuff !

top topics

join