It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange looks to contest Senate election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Assange looks to contest Senate election

www.theage.com.au

WIKILEAKS publisher Julian Assange has confirmed his intention to run as a Senate candidate in the 2013 federal election and will announce the formation of a WikiLeaks political party early next year.

Mr Assange said plans to register an Australian WikiLeaks party were ''significantly advanced''. He indicated he would be a Senate candidate, and added that "a number of very worthy people admired by the Australian public" have indicated their availability to stand for election on a party ticket.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Mr Assange said he is able to fulfil the requirements to register as an overseas elector in either New South Wales or Victoria and that he will shortly take a "strategic decision" about which state he would be a Senate candidate for.

Mr Assange's biological father, John Shipton, has co-ordinated preparations for the formation of a WikiLeaks party, and a draft of the party's constitution has been subjected to legal review.

Registration of the party with the Australian Electoral Commission would require confirmation of 500 members who are listed on the electoral roll. Mr Assange hopes that WikiLeaks' internet presence, which includes a Twitter account with nearly 1.7 million followers and a Facebook page with more than 2.1 million "likes", and the formation of ''friends of WikiLeaks'' groups would mobilise Australian supporters.

I know some of this is pretty old, but Assange is planning to run for Senate under his 'Wikileaks Party." This party of his would need to be supported and approved by the 500 members on the electoral roll. This sounds like a slim chance (especially if there are some anti-Assange members), but i still have some hope. Supposedly, there are some very "worthy" people which have applied to stand on the ticket with the Wikileaks Party.

This is pretty awesome!!!

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Is this before or after he faces rape charges?

Cant see it happening.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave

Cant see it happening.

If the circumstance of his election arises, then he would nominate a person to fill in for him. I can see it happening, so long as his party is successfully created. I guess he would just act as the puppet master with his nominee as a puppet.

edit on 12-12-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Cant see it happening.

If the circumstance of his election arises, then he would nominate a person to fill in for him. I can see it happening, so long as his party is successfully created. I guess he would just act as the puppet master with his nominee as a puppet.

Not in this country.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Why not?

A lot of Australians support him.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So he is going to be a australian senator whilst hiding in a foreign embassy in london , and fighting rape charges?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Is that true though, outside of anyone who watches politics, does anyone really know who he is? ( not us as we are in the bubble, I'm talking your average working man and woman) plus hasn't his name been damaged even if the rape charges are essentially bogus?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i wonder it this could surpress wikileaks information output since he will be under new laws if he would contest the election ??

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Cant see it happening.

He never raped anyone. The condom split and he if the women requests needs to go for an STD test. That is it. They just want to get him over there so that he can be sent to the USA.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

yeah...classed as rape in sweden , we only have his word it split dont we , I thought the lady said he didnt use one?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
sry dblpost

edit on 12-12-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Nah it'll happen, he'll have a crack, the question is if enough 'powerful' people are willing to side with him..

One thing I like about Australia is if the letter of the law says you can do it, you will be allowed to have a go!

With enough lawyers he could wiggle his way around everything the government throws at him.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

reply to post by Agit8dChop

Given the current choice of pillocks we are provided with, if he gets on the ballot paper - he gets my vote.

This has been discussed on FOWL.

I am of the opinion that the Australian political system requires purging - out with the old, in with the new.

The bloodlines have had their day - it is time for complete change from the top down.

In regards to the accusation of rape, the charges are trumped up and the circumstances unprovable - a true signature of an intelligence agency plot.

"be the change you want to see"
edit on 12-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar + additional comment

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
reply to post by purplemer

yeah...classed as rape in sweden , we only have his word it split dont we , I thought the lady said he didnt use one?

No.. You misunderstand... That is the charge....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'd vote for him.......At least Assange would push for an open and accountable Government without censorship. He would be much better than the current crop of pretenders we have..

top topics

join