It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China admits it Can destroy US targets from China with a New Generation ICB

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Trojan horse is just a software that can be easily detected and nullify.

Chinese products are poison to society.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Well the way I look at it is, an attack by either party would affect the other party environment wise because, due to these missiles if one idiot fires the other is for sure going to fire back.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
My goodness what a treasure trove the Chinese have gained from our good buddy Bubba aka Bill Clinton. Anybody recall the urban legend about a former President of the United States getting in bed with China for some campaign contributions and political support? Here is a treasure trove of background information about a serious national security crisis and Presidential scandal that got swallowed up by the Monica Lewinsky Scandal that came at about the same time.

Chinese Missile Allegations: Key Stories

It is just another significant tangled web that was never sorted out. Now about China boasting about destroying US targets with new generation ICBMs? So what! I recall the other side has the same capability? Sounds like the usual Mutually Assured Destruction motif that was sung between the US and the Soviet Union during the Cold War. I find it shameful that military secret secrets may have been knowingly divulged to China by alleged members of the US government. Nobody gets anything after nuclear exchange! My hope is China thinks long and hard about the game they are playing. Could be more than they bargained for?

edit on 13-12-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Don't forget to thank Bill Clinton and the Democrats for GIVING them rocket engine and satellite technology in the '90s!

Pretty much all of the "Fell good" crap the democrats do comes back to bite us in the behind! If we had protected our technology, they'd still be blowing up missiles on their launch pads!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
China admits it can destroy US targets from China with a New Generation ICBM.

In actual reality if they did it would trigger a response from the massive US nuclear arsenal and result in destruction the likes of which the world has never seen.

MAD. Mutually assured destruction. They might as well shoot the weapon at themselves it would have the same result.
There are still enough nuclear weapons in the world to destroy it several times over. One nuclear ICBM with MIRVs can unleash a destructive force which is almost beyond imagination. As Oppenheimer said 'I am become death, the destroyer of worlds'.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

thats true, but a big what if.....

what if they got some intelligence and were able to take out most of are missile sites, and intercept the rest? plus Canadians only like to fight on the ice

edit on 13-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner

Can the US win a new arms race with if the 'fiscal cliff' is not avoided? The automatic military cuts might put National Security at risk. Maybe the should be more money put in to missile defence.

well that is what is wanted of people justification of mass spending cuts to take on threat of the terrible mr nasty china man same war different country the cold war never ended.

look at all the acts brought forth since the start of the war on terror its population control 101
edit on 16-12-2012 by ANDERSON23 because: I deleted the original poster from the comment by accident, so I thought give credit where its due: Originally posted by spangledbanner[

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by pheonix358

And science will not agree with you. What is your point?

Depleted uranium is not classified as a dangerous substance radiologically, though it is a potential hazard in large quantities, beyond what could conceivably be breathed. Its emissions are very low, since the half-life of U-238 is the same as the age of the Earth (4.5 billion years). There are no reputable reports of cancer or other negative health effects from radiation exposure to ingested or inhaled natural or depleted uranium, despite much study.

DU is clearly dangerous for military targets, but for anyone else – even in a war zone – there is little hazard. Ingestion or inhalation of uranium oxide dust resulting from the impact of DU munitions on their targets is the main possible exposure route.

So unless Iraqis are ingesting spent rounds, it is highly unlikely that they are affected by at DU round or rounds. I still hold my ground of not condoning the use though.

What nosense you are spewing go and do some home work on the increased incidents of birth defects in regions where it was used...Its a war crime.. The problem is the US thinks it is above international law.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

and don't forget about the VETs coming home having to wear nappies and sanitary towels because they are leaking

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is kind of silly to think that a nation such as China would not have something like this.

This was more of a coronation than a surprise.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What's new ?

China has had this capability since 1970 and that was the reason Nixon went there two years later.

Any countries that have ballistic missiles capabilities can lay waste to USA except that they are not suicidal.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Hey Guys remember when China was called Red China and our enemy in NK and VN. They tested us there especially in NK. We should of nuked the whole of NK to show Red China we mean business. But no Kissinger opened the flood gates to Red China and once that wall came down so did the USA.
My wife lived there and she told me that the Red Army owns all production and that once they have this capibilty they would use it on all major cities as a threat to get our resources for their slave factories.
General Washington was given a vision of America's future (read it) Our detruction will come from a land invasion and we will be destroyed. He heard the screams of the Nation as it was wiped out. He saw the Civil War and A race of people who would come and destroy America.
Do you think for one minute that the Red Chinese gives a # about how many they would loose? Frak they have a standing army of over 200 million and are fastly building an Armada with 100's of landing craft. I wonder what they would use those for? They also have steath planes and a space station above.
Maybe they saw the movie Defcon 4 and thought it would be just such a wonderful idea that they should do the same. ICBM's in a little space station above our heads.
But maybe they got the plans for the "Rods of God" we developed and have it positioned above also. Look that one up. Also if they have MIRV's that would mean ten war heads on one ICBM. Ten cities in one shot or what about their Nuetron Warheads. Buildings and infrastructure unharmed but everything that needs air dead.
Can't you see the future Washington did and cried. No one would believe him and He was as a King.
We are already in the last stages of the Late Great Country the USA.
God or whatever be with you all. Remember when theres a flash in the AIR watch the beauty of Gods power come down.
I am a believer for why would GW lie about such things unless he knew it was truth.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm trying to view this in a fair manner, but again, I am kind of scared by the anti-chinese replies in this thread. Did anyone even read the article? Where did China brag about anything? Let me sum up the article for you:

- China tested new missiles, said nothing
- American magazine reported it
- American government panicking, pushing to build anti-missile systems surrounding China
- Russia sits back and laughs at USA's reaction

No bragging.

If this thread is about the original article then it is way off topic. If anything, the worrying thing about this news is USA's reaction and plans to surround China with missile systems. How dare they, what gives them the right? Imagine another country surrounded USA with such systems, what would happen then? How would they feel? Add to this all of the illegal murdering/invading/struggles for power and money being carried out in the middle east by the US - why is it China that people fear?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aveoamacus

You do realize that as with all Wars it's over resources.
Have you lived there and spoken to people inside the Peoples Army?
They are rising and the USA is falling.
After 40 years of growth do to Nixon and Kissinger selling out American production as a way of apeasment this is now a danger to the USA.
I have been onboard ships in the Red Chinese Navy. Guess what, they do believe that they have more time for them to become number one then we think. They knew that if they got thier hands on our borrowing they could just sit back and call in the Markers when they are ready. They saw our greed for more and more and more cheaply made products that only ones who had money could buy.
They heard our cries to keep up with the Jones and they provided products that look and smell like what was once unafordable to the regular working class. Now they they have it has caused all in America to fall into having to keep replacing shoddy goods for more. Now we have a garbage planet cause thier products are cheaply made and wear out only after a few uses.
But thier Navy has some pretty awesome high tech gear that resembles our High Tech gear and weaponery.
They have quality military gear and advancing every day while we watch and remain helpless and addicted to Wal-Mart.
They may not have to invade cause we may implode.
Imagine, that possibly all the electronics we buy can help them more then us.
China is methodical and slow to act but they know what they are doing and if need be can sacrifice 500,000,000 soldier deaths and still remain stronger in soldier force then us.
Just to remind all here the Flanx weapons systems that protect our ships are old and out of date and 9 out of 10 times mal-function.
If we are to protect our NAval Forces we need the on the shelf "DREAD" weapons systems on Choppers, Hummers, and Tanks and Ships.
IF we don't deploy they may get thier little Red Chinese hands on the Dread and then we will really Dread that.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going, and that someone made a post titled this. I'm not trying to be an A-hole. The only way this would be accomplished RIGHT NOW RIGHT TODAY, is china somehow managed to steal US state secrets and was able to copy our rainy day tech that is covered up in the hangars.

Not likely.

The only way this title could ring true would if the U.S. stood still economically and militarily for 50 years, While China continued on its current path. The only problem with that is, if America stalled economically, so would China.

So really this whole point is moot, a lot of people here are playing into the whole china vs america right wing talking points. Both nations rely on each other heavily, we are intertwined at the hip. Are we competing nations? Heck yes. Will we eventually be at war with them? heck yes. Is that going to happen during our lifetimes? Heck no.

Gotta wait until the mineral and vespene geysers run low for that, and luckily for that we have plenty of 3rd world nations to screw out of there minerals and vespene gas to last us for another couple hundred years.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join