It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China admits it Can destroy US targets from China with a New Generation ICB

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
the article makes it sound like america and china are best friends.

america is like an infant still suckling on its mother's teat.

it's civilization is measured in millenniums, meanwhile america is self-destructing in just a couple of hundred years.

they're not just going to throw it away to start a nuclear war with americans unless it's very survival is threatened.

they won't even use it if n.korea invades s. korea and 10 million chinese die fighting in the process.

what it does do is allow them to stand up to the worlds bullies at the bargaining table and economically.

i don't even think the report is accurate. how on earth can the possibly know what a communist country, with over 1.3 billion people that size have.

the way they knock off counterfeit products and fill the worlds manufacturing needs, i wouldn't be surprised if they calculated how many nukes needed to annihilate the entire globe and had everything laid out ready to assemble like an ikea kitchen table.

i would say 20,000 warheads is just as possible as 410.

edit on 12-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

POP Quiz....

In the past 236 years that the US has been around how many times have the Chinese changed Governments...?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by HIWATT
Moral call? YES i'm making a moral call.

So you're implying China will mete out justice on the US with their new Nuclear arsenal and obliterate it and that's ok with you because the US dropped the Bomb on two Japanese [China's enemy] cities during WW-II?

Your comment regarding the age of that attack is irrelevant

Why?

SHAME ON YOU

Question still stands though...

edit on 12-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I'm not ok with anyone using nuclear weapons. One nation has used them extensively since WWII. And that nation is the United States. Not just in Japan, but also the depleted uranium which has contaminated every country the US has "invaded" since.

No one should be surprised that China is expanding its arsenal. It certainly isn't the only country. North Korea for example...

I'm implying China has the capability to "mete out justice" if they so choose. As does the US, and a number of other nations.

With regards to the age of the Japanese attacks, yes the date is irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

How is this any different than the Soviet Union's capability of obliterating the US during the cold war which would have triggered MAD?

Personally, it's not different.

Two superpowers facing each-other. Which can be good because a Cold War doesn't involve direct conflict, but it's also bad because it can mean new proxy wars, and we all know how those past wars turned out and their consequences...

The recent economic studies have stated China will pass all world economies by 2030.

Makes me wonder where this is heading...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the article makes it sound like america and china are best friends.

america is like an infant still suckling on its mother's teat.

it's civilization is measured in millenniums, meanwhile america is self-destructing in just a couple of hundred years.

they're not just going to throw it away to start a nuclear war with americans unless it's very survival is threatened.

they won't even use it if n.korea invades s. korea and 10 million chinese die fighting in the process.

what it does do is allow them to stand up to the worlds bullies at the bargaining table and economically.

Bingo.

In that respect, it is much like what MAD was during the cold war.

As I stated however, things are a bit more complicated with he advent of various defensive technologies against these kinds of weapons.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

reply to post by randomname

POP Quiz....

In the past 236 years that the US has been around how many times have the Chinese changed Governments...?

Once would be my answer! They had a long transition period between the two. The latest Government though is evolving over time, responding to external changes but always in a methodical manner.

She is prepared for anything!

P

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

One nation has used them extensively since WWII. And that nation is the United States. Not just in Japan, but also the depleted uranium which has contaminated every country the US has "invaded" since.

Depleted uranium isn't a nuclear weapon though. Not condoning the use of the material, but that is what it is, a material. No nuclear explosion occurs when a depleted uranium round strikes another object.

Depleted uranium is 40% less radioactive than naturally occurring uranium; meaning it is nothing in terms of radioactivity.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

One nation has used them extensively since WWII. And that nation is the United States. Not just in Japan, but also the depleted uranium which has contaminated every country the US has "invaded" since.

Depleted uranium isn't a nuclear weapon though. Not condoning the use of the material, but that is what it is, a material. No nuclear explosion occurs when a depleted uranium round strikes another object.

Depleted uranium is 40% less radioactive than naturally occurring uranium; meaning it is nothing in terms of radioactivity.

The children of Iraq would not agree with you!

P

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

How is this any different than the Soviet Union's capability of obliterating the US during the cold war which would have triggered MAD?

Personally, it's not different.

Two superpowers facing each-other. Which can be good because a Cold War doesn't involve direct conflict, but it's also bad because it can mean new proxy wars, and we all know how those past wars turned out and their consequences...

The recent economic studies have stated China will pass all world economies by 2030.

Makes me wonder where this is heading...

2030 ? O_o

If they aren't already there (or close) now, I don't see how it could possibly take another 20 YEARS to accomplish it.

Makes you wonder about the changing socio-political paradigm in America... and whether the emerging structure here is molding itself based on what is happening over there due to it's success.

It's a LOT of people under a very big thumb.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Bingo.

So basically nothings changed. Well for those out there who are too young to remember the last Cold war maybe things have. But from many others perspective it's back to the same old business as usual.

As I stated however, things are a bit more complicated with he advent of various defensive technologies against these kinds of weapons.

ABMs and other technologies have been in the works for decades and have been tested and some even believe they have already been fielded.

Here's an interesting discussion on that scenario
Star Wars: It has begun

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

LIES

One thing to say to that:

Go POUND SAND.

RADIOACTIVE sand....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

And science will not agree with you. What is your point?

Depleted uranium is not classified as a dangerous substance radiologically, though it is a potential hazard in large quantities, beyond what could conceivably be breathed. Its emissions are very low, since the half-life of U-238 is the same as the age of the Earth (4.5 billion years). There are no reputable reports of cancer or other negative health effects from radiation exposure to ingested or inhaled natural or depleted uranium, despite much study.

DU is clearly dangerous for military targets, but for anyone else – even in a war zone – there is little hazard. Ingestion or inhalation of uranium oxide dust resulting from the impact of DU munitions on their targets is the main possible exposure route.

So unless Iraqis are ingesting spent rounds, it is highly unlikely that they are affected by at DU round or rounds. I still hold my ground of not condoning the use though.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

2030 ? O_o

If they aren't already there (or close) now, I don't see how it could possibly take another 20 YEARS to accomplish it.

(Reuters) - China's economy is likely to surpass the United States in less than two decades but the Asian country is not expected to take on the superpower role of the United States in gathering coalitions to deal with global issues, U.S. intelligence analysts said on Monday.

By 2030 Asia will overtake North America and Europe combined in global power based on gross domestic product, population, military spending and technological investment, a new intelligence report said.

Source

Makes you wonder about the changing socio-political paradigm in America... and whether the emerging structure here is molding itself based on what is happening over there due to it's success.

The same article also states:

"China isn't going to replace the U.S. on a global level," Mathew Burrows, counselor to the National Intelligence Council, said at a media briefing. "Being the largest economic power is important ... (but) it isn't necessarily the largest economic power that always is going to be the superpower."

It's very hard to look 20 years into the future, because something could happen - socially, technologically or a special event - but it seems that China will overcome all economies.

The same report states that India will also gain a place of respect, as their economy could follow the steps of China in future decades.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

LIES

Go POUND SAND.

RADIOACTIVE sand....

Lies? So science and research of the material is lies because you say so? Okay. I see where this thread is headed. Have fun in your head.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Bingo.

So basically nothings changed. Well for those out there who are too young to remember the last Cold war maybe things have. But from many others perspective it's back to the same old business as usual.

ABMs and other technologies have been in the works for decades and have been tested and some even believe they have already been fielded.

Here's an interesting discussion on that scenario
Star Wars: It has begun

You could say that nothing has changed, but the game board has gotten much more crowded... which I'm saying does change the game in that strategies and mindsets are influenced.

For instance, the US cannot simply say "we're going to bomb the Japs back into the stone age!!" now, without reaping a whirlwind.

Almost every nation during WWII had no response to a nuclear attack.

Definitely not the case today.

"no more %$#@ing around" as they say.........

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

LIES

Go POUND SAND.

RADIOACTIVE sand....

Lies? So science and research of the material is lies because you say so? Okay. I see where this thread is headed. Have fun in your head.

Uranium is radioactive.

"depleted" or not

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Uranium is radioactive.

"depleted" or not

Did I ever say it wasn't? Such is implied in the statement "40% less radioactive". Good lord some people are dense.

Glad to see that, is no different than my 10 year old son.
edit on 12-12-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The scenarios for the highest potential exposure to DU in the Gulf War (friendly fire incidents, Level I) had estimated doses in the range of 0.05 Sv (5 rem). Incidental or casual exposures (Levels II and III) are estimated to be orders of magnitude less. To the extent that NATO forces in the Balkans had any exposure to DU, it is difficult to imagine exposure greater than Level II exposure scenarios.

www.au.af.mil...

0.05 Sv is 50 mSv which is the absorbed dose when you're shot at with DU, according to the USA's Air University.

50 mSv is the maximum yearly dose permitted for US radiation workers, while the typical yearly dose for a person is ~4 mSv.

To see how that stacks up against other sources of radiation, see this picture.

xkcd.com...
edit on 12-12-2012 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

You could say that nothing has changed, but the game board has gotten much more crowded... which I'm saying does change the game in that strategies and mindsets are influenced.

The game board has a lot more players, but they all know how to play. The US and URSS made the rules, and now everyone must follow them.

Otherwise, things get out of control and nobody has anything to live for anymore.

If launching a nuke in the 70's was serious business, with all the countries that have nukes today, launching one is the certainty of world destruction. Nobody wants to have that responsibility.

Looking at that, the World could become safer in the matter of nuclear weapons. And that's exactly what everyone is saying. The risk of a nuclear confrontation has lowered, but the risk of a rogue attack, using one of the many nukes out there, has increased.

For instance, the US cannot simply say "we're going to bomb the Japs back into the stone age!!" now, without reaping a whirlwind.

Almost every nation during WWII had no response to a nuclear attack.

Definitely not the case today.

Like I said above, everyone having nukes assures that nobody is going to use them. If one launches, everybody launches because no country wants to be left behind all the others.

It doesn't mean, in my opinion, that countries will get more bold and try to make a nuclear attack. The only plausible possibility for that to happen is pure insanity.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
im sure we have really good anti-missile system here in the usa, and i dont think china would want to blow us up since we owe them so much money and it would hurt the earth. but we are not them so we cant know for sure,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join