It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China admits it Can destroy US targets from China with a New Generation ICB

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is not good.

China can destroy targets anywhere in the world with the new gen ICB.

Right now, China has 70 ICBMs and 410 warheads, an arsenal that, of course, yields to that of the US. Sources in the secret services claimed that the missiles that are currently on service in China are capable of reaching just separate regions of the US Pacific Coast, as well as India and part of Russian territory. If the DF-41’s technical characteristics are confirmed, this will drastically change the situation.

english.ruvr.ru...

I wonder if China can be trusted with these types of weapons. I also dread to think what China will do with these weapons if WW3 does break out. I wonder what else China are developing?

Can the US win a new arms race with if the 'fiscal cliff' is not avoided? The automatic military cuts might put National Security at risk. Maybe the should be more money put in to missile defence.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Here is some video... it breaks it down rather well.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Classic tit-for-tat.

How long did you really think it was going to take?

China is the new "America". anyone living in that part of the world now knows it.

The buzzword during the 80's was MAD (mutually assured destruction) - it's the reason why no one was ever stupid enough to actually use nuclear bombs against another country.

oh wait............. time to pay the piper
edit on 12-12-2012 by HIWATT because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
oh wait............. time to play the piper

Time to play the piper...?

Nevermind

So, Let me ask you this.
How is this any different than the Soviet Union's capability of obliterating the US during the cold war which would have triggered MAD?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Isn't this the same rhetoric that I grew up with regarding the former Soviet Union? They say we can hit you, we say we can hit you too, but much harder and your cities will be destroyed before your first ICBM reenters the atmosphere?

Not that it isn't worthy of discussion because it is, but eventually someone has to fill the void left when the Soviet Union collapsed.

PS:
Seems Slayer and I had the same thought at the same time.....
edit on 12-12-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Maybe they have had these capabilities for a long time an only now have decided to let us know ..

Just maybe

edit on 12-12-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Here is some video... it breaks it down rather well.

I would say this breaks the aftermath down exactly. No winners. We all lose. Nuclear weapons were not ever meant to be used. They were meant as a deterrent as they have the capability to end all life as we know it, and certainly WILL if a "nuclear war" ever does come to fruition.

Unfortunately the good 'ol US of A had to go ahead and set precedence. So good luck and God Bless :/

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

oh wait............. time to play the piper

Time to play the piper...?

Nevermind

So, Let me ask you this.
How is this any different than the Soviet Union's capability of obliterating the US during the cold war which would have triggered MAD?

Spelling error corrected.

It's different because the Russians have never used nuclear weapons against anyone. ever.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

It's different because the Russians have never used nuclear weapons against anyone. ever.

Neither have the Chinese....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yeah, it is really wrong/dumb of them to be armed to the teeth while America prowls around their backyard.

And of course, USA is the only one trustworthy enough to have WMD and place them around people that you don't like.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The Stupidity of Humans shows no bounds.....

There has already been WW3...it lasted for 50 years......Lets hope we have ascended a little.

Watch this with great sadness for all life forms on this Planet.......

www.youtube.com...

Disgusting.
edit on 12-12-2012 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

And

China has?

Or are you somehow making a moral call on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
If you are I'm pretty sure all those who were responsible are either dead or so old they wear adult diapers and are spoon fed from a blender...

edit on 12-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Isn't this the same rhetoric that I grew up with regarding the former Soviet Union? They say we can hit you, we say we can hit you too, but much harder and your cities will be destroyed before your first ICBM reenters the atmosphere?

Not that it isn't worthy of discussion because it is, but eventually someone has to fill the void left when the Soviet Union collapsed.

It is.

The difference now (and this is the disconcerting issue) is what kind of technology exists which has the capability to deflect/destroy incoming ICBM's as they cruise over the upper atmosphere.

Mutually Assured Destruction was relevant in the 80's as the race was simply to manufacture as many weapons as possible... like penis envy. You have 100? I have 500!!

But now? Maybe it's not so much about how many you have, but how many you can destroy before they reach you....

link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Neither have the Chinese....

correct

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

And

China has?

Or are you somehow making a moral call on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
If you are I'm pretty sure all those who were responsible are either dead or so old they wear adult diapers and are spoon fed from a blender...

Wow.

Moral call? YES i'm making a moral call.

Your comment regarding the age of that attack is irrelevant, and the heartless insult towards those who may still be suffering today from it is DISGUSTING.

SHAME ON YOU

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Moral call? YES i'm making a moral call.

So you're implying China will mete out justice on the US with their new Nuclear arsenal and obliterate it and that's ok with you because the US dropped the Bomb on two Japanese [China's enemy] cities during WW-II?

Your comment regarding the age of that attack is irrelevant

Why?

SHAME ON YOU

Question still stands though...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

And again, you fail to say why this is different than it was in the Cold War with the Soviets. What difference is it if the Soviets never used nukes on anyone. It's the exact same thing as it was in the Cold War, just now it's the Chinese. It doesn't matter who it is, it's the same thing as it was.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

China wants their money not bodies...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
China wants their money not bodies...

AND

Irradiating it makes it more desirable how?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

edit on 12/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join