It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time zone selection issues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I cant select gmt+1 and some others in my profile time zone selection option. They switch to other time zones when I click on submit.

I had the same issue some time ago, I thought it would resolve itself. It did not. It is not my PC because I just reset it yesterday, fresh install, correct time zone, ect...

EDIT:

in fact they switch randomly for me every time I click on submit without changing the value. They only stay fixed on certain ones...
edit on 12-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I can never select the right one either. It defaults to my nearest other time zone, 30 minutes different.

P

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I tried this and got the same results, but only with that one, specific time zone. As for why this is, I have no answer. Simply a verification of the problem.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you Heff. Can we assume that at some time someone will have a look at it. Fact is, it is not much of a problem. I would much rather all posts had a time stamp showing time elapsed since posted which is much more useful than a date and time.

In fact I have always wondered in what time zone that is in. If in fact it is my time zone then my time zone's accuracy is sort of necessary.

Thanks again

P

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It should still work..

When I click on GMT, as that's my time zone, it appears to change to something else after I click submit. But the timezone on the boards is still GMT - the one I selected. Why it appears to be on a different timezone after submitting, I don't know, but the board has still seemingly changed to the one selected - at least that's how it works for me anyway.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks. I cannot select +4.5 hours GMT. Just never takes. It defaults to the next nearest.

P

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i hate the timezones and daylight savings time, why cant it be the same time all over the world and we all adapt and work and live accordingly.... i live in mi i go to work at 6pm, tho my english friends go at 4 am why cant they just say 6pm after all we go to work at the same time- all an example no english friends or knowledge of how this works

top topics

join