It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-12-2012 "Meteorite Crash" In Sweden (Pictures)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hey guys!

A possible meteor strike in Sweden today. Many people on different places all over the country saw the phenomenon, check the article for more info. Witnesses claimed that whole buildings "were shaking from the crash" which probably means the object crashed on land.

Link To Article

Google translated article:

"
What is it that has struck in Värmland?
SOS, police and air rescue center has received calls from concerned Värmlandsbor after a ball of light is said to have exploded in the evening.
- It lit up the sky and flew over us, then we heard an explosion, says Jessica Berg Stöllet.

Jessica Berg Stöllet was out walking with a friend when they were surprised by the strong lights.
Calls have come from Stöllet, Ekshärad, Karlstad and Forshaga.
All have seen a mysterious ball of light which then struck down - followed by an explosion.
- They say they have seen a sharp blue glow, then a sharp orange ball struck, says Leif Svensson, duty officer at the Värmland police.
Surprisingly Established by the strong light
Jessica Berg Stöllet was out walking with a friend when they were surprised by the strong lights.
- It sounded nothing in the sky when it flew over us. Then it hit bottom near Klarälven somewhere. Then we were struck by the sound, like an echo after the explosion, she says to Aftonbladet and continues:
- It was mysterious. Nasty mysterious.
Several readers have contacted the Times about the event.
- I heard a bang and the whole house shook, said a witness in Vansbro.
Saw the overthrow
24-year-old Sandra was sitting in his apartment in Karlstad and suddenly felt that she would look out the window - where she saw a plunge from the sky.
- At first I thought it was fireworks, but small and just never went on, I thought maybe it was a comet, for it looked a bit like a ball. It was a red and yellow light around and after, she says, adding that she had seen shooting stars before, and this is not at all like that.
- This was really different and much larger. It looked as if something falls from space in a film Armageddon or something. I do not know what to describe it as, I have never seen such a thing before, says Sandra.
No airplane accident
Police have received several calls about the phenomenon and also SOS has been dialed.
- We do not know, but it may have been part of the meteor shower as it talked about, says Leif Svensson told TT.
- We can not do much without linking it to the Air Force among others.
Although Naval and air rescue center has been alerted about a light phenomenon in the sky from Värmland region.
- There are two people who have dialed in observations and it should have been seen from the air traffic control tower at Karlstad Airport. One woman spoke of a really big explosion, says Jonas Sundin, deputy incident commander.
- But it is not about any airplane accident. It's probably some kind of meteorite.
At 1:00 on Wednesday morning had readers from among other Sodertalje, Stenungsund Kungalv, Karlstad, Vansbro heard from Aftonbladet with eyewitness accounts.
- And we have also heard that people on the West Coast and even in Finland have made observations, says Leif Svensson told TT.
Buys Bow
Michael Sundin was out with her dog in Billingsfors just outside Amal, Västra Götaland, at 2:12 last night when he saw the light phenomenon in the sky.
- It was the craziest thing I've seen. It remained so long that I got the phone and take a picture. I do not think the end of the world but tomorrow it is I who buy a bow, he says to Aftonbladet.
"

What do you guys think?

edit on 12/12/2012 by Triztheone because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/12/2012 by Triztheone because: Added pics

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Korean missile test?

vvv

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yeah
Big Fail as last time could be.. lol, no actually they did succeed bringing that one up to orbit it seems
Good for them I guess..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It landed near a river or stream it says, but it isn´t translated. Klarälven = the Klarstream or the Klarriver.

Hheheh it is funny also that I hear this news for the firts time here at ATS..and I´m from sweden
Now you know where I check the news firstly.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It seems there's been a lot of mass sightings in the past year. Usually its just one or two people that see the same one and they aren't newsworthy. I always thought it was November that had the Leonids and now there's all these others.

Supposedly there's a new meteor shower that will coincide with the Geminids, happening now.
The Geminids are distinguishable by them moving faster than what they might call the "Piscids

earthsky.org...

We’ve had lots of reports of meteors this week, and most are probably part of the Geminid meteor shower, scheduled to peak late night December 13 to dawn December 14 for North American (evening December 14 to dawn December 15 for Asia).

But NASA is saying there’s a second possible meteor shower that could significantly boost the number of meteors you’ll see. The source of the possible new shower is Comet 46P/Wirtanen. Bill Cooke of NASA’s Meteoroid Environment Office says debris left in Wirtanen’s orbit might produce as many as 30 meteors per hour, added to the 100 meteors per hour from the Geminids. That would be an awesome meteor show!

NASA
edit on 12-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Wrong area.

Damn good effort with the photo though, meteors/meteorites are hard to catch on film.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...
North Korea maby there satalite didnt stay in orbit?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Where's the source for the "google translated article"?

Oh Yea i See it Nevermind.......

edit on 12-12-2012 by mykingdomforthetruth because:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
hi op

Tunguska springs to mind

If it is, then it sounds small in comparison

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
well id be out with my metal detector if i lived close by..those little rocks are worth thousands

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It's the 2012 Apocalypse!!

Oh, its just a Meteorite Crash in Sweden

phew..

Great catch

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Right right, right.

Now. If the meteorite had *landed*... That'd be a whole 'nother story.

----

Great pictures, whoever took 'em did a fine job.

On her way to south America, my girlfriend spotted a falling meteor from the window of the plane.

How rare is *that*!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I seem to remember several predictions of meteorite crashes for today's date.
Goes to check the ATS archives

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Nice find an pictures indeed.
I think your first pic however is one that turns up often: so it's not from this Sweden one.

Here in this 2010 article for example.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well whatever it is, is classified now. We aren't allowed to know what comes from space. If it hit ground, it becomes top secret.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

Hmm I had no idea about that, thanks for pointing it out! Seems like newspapers regularly buy or steal pictures from eachother, which in this case is somewhat misleading to people who are tricked into believing that the image represents the event that the article is about, shame on you journalists!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Its Nibru !!!!!! run to your underground bunkers

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Second pic isn't genuine.

Pic #2 was a meteor in Texas from February this year. Link

For pic#3 Google didn't return any results.

ETA: Thx to poster below

edit on 12-12-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

The first pic already appeared in a 2010 article, as I linked above.
So it can't be Veracruz May '12 either...

edit on 12/12/12 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sorry about the fake pics, seems that Aftonbladet got caught with their hands in the cookiejar
lovely..
The only LEGITIMATE PIC is the third one, this one bellow:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join