It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the secret of Anti Gravity locked in stone?and Could ATS find it using pure reason and intuitio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
There is a great deal of speculation about the megalithic structures...(some dated back to about 10000 yrs ago or indeterminate age)
Many different theories and speculative statements have been promulgated by expert and amature alike...
heres a video from history channel which includes some little known and some familiar ones
www.youtube.com...
Of particular interest is one in Armenia..(about 29 min)..which predate Britains Stonehenge by a cool 4000 yrs...
It includes drilled stones, some 86 of them...which point heavenward at many diferent angles even with tips of other rocks as sights.....

The coral castle of Florida is also mentioned at the end....
Interesting to note is the brief summary of Ed Leedskalinins megnetic gravitic theory, and a black box which sits atop of the tripod.....
as well as some type of magnetic device which he kept in his house.....
My thought here is way beyond my own particular expertise..
But heres a short take...
If magnetism which penetrates most things..
Can be reversed to the earths magnetic field...or two opposite magnetic fields can be generated (without copper windings or steel cores...)
Why not produce zero or reduced gravity?

Now if our more learned colleagues...who may wish to answer my proposition with some ideas that do have possibilities....could put their heads toether could we not come up with some theoretical scenario where this null gravity space or bubble coud be produced?

After all ATS is world wide and classless , covering all ages and educational backgrounds...
Is this a project we COULD actually pursue?

edit on 12-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
There is a great deal of speculation about the megalithic structures...(some dated back to about 10000 yrs ago or indeterminate age)

Where is the rest of the thread ?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Where is the rest of the thread ?

Locked in stone apparently. You should really be helping to get it out.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
OOPS!
Sorry guys fat fingers i guess....

Please refer to the whole OP above

The potential for international and worth while projects here on this station is enormous....
I have often wondered why so few attempts are made to harness this huge resource base of thinking power.....
from things like remote viewing to (T&C violation) many many different and very out there theories and practices are basically scrubbed from the boards after a few thread killers or T&C violation....
I always hoped this site would turn into such a place...but it seems its just an ego flashing retort channel much of the time....
God i would hope that it will mature into something a little more adult someday....
This proposition, though a little" tongue in cheek" is after all a serious dream of mine that we can get things moving by sharing with everyone world wide our imaginings and our mathematical models alike....
fresh brain power is obviously needed to overcome the problems that beset us.
Am i making any freakin sense??
If this is deemed spurious Mods please delete

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Magnetism and gravity are not related. They are both forces, working via fields.

Nevertheless, there is no known material which could deflect or deminish the effects of gravity, other than with magnetism.

Therefore, this discussion is useless.
You have to consider that some ideas are just not feasible, sorry.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Hi!

There is no secret in gravity. It is just a force and natural law of the universe.

There is a tiny bit of it in a small stone. There is a lot of it in a planet. Simple as that. Gravity is determined by mass!

There are no hidden secrets. If humans could build a huge mass the size of a planet with the density of a planet then that, too, would have gravity. Only mass determines it and that is why it will never be any use to us to harness it as any kind of force.

The only way we could gain anti gravity is determined by having a greater mass pulling a smaller mass.

One thing I find difficult; can anyone help? How come all the planets don't crash into the Sun? Like even Pluto all the way out there stays in orbit, yet Mercury (a small planet like that) maintains its orbit, too. How can this be?

Is it something to do with the whole organisation of the planets in the solar system?: Their combined masses and distances relative to each other maintaining the orbits of each planet in turn?

edit on 12-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: more info.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

A few years ago I first heard of Edward Leedskin, and I was, and still am to this day, very impressed with his accomplishments. But at this point, I no longer think any anti-gravity was involved. Just a brilliant mathematical and methodical mind at work.
Same goes for all the completely awesome and amazing, ancient sites around the world - Derinkuyu City, Machu Picchu, Pyramids, Baalbek - all of them.

Jumping to anti-gravity is just to far fetched for me. There is no actual physical evidence, like anti-gravity producing tools, to be found nor anything in our history which would imply that this is the case. Just very big rocks, which have been moved and arranged in order. There is just as much basis for a theory about anti-gravity being used to build ancient megaliths, as there is for one having dinosaurs, aliens, extremely smart dolphins or Santa Claus help out. Just because there is no definitive answer it doesn't mean that any answer will apply, and in many cases there are actually pretty good explanations for how and why.

You might already be familiar with some or all of this stuff - but either way, here are a few links with information which convinced me that no 'magic' was involved in the construction of ancient monuments:

Man builds Stone Henge in backyard
This kind of technique might very well have been a big part of Leedskin's methods

Ancient Aliens Debunked
Personally I enjoyed the first seasons of Ancient Aliens a lot, especially because they introduced me to so many ancient sites. But as this great production shows, most of the theories introduced in the show can be debunked.

How to build a pyramid
And article which includes the most recent theory (the internal spiral ramp theory) on how the pyramids were constructed.

Simple fact is that our ancestors were extremely skilled workers and great mathematicians. They didn't waste half their day on Facebook.

With that said, I still think it might be possible to produce anti-gravity, but I doubt that it is just something we can figure out here.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: Had some trouble with links

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The secret to anti-gravity is learning how to manipulate the higgs boson. Seeing as it's the cause of mass, if we learn how to strip the higgs boson out of matter, then we've just created anti-gravity in a manner of speaking. To my understanding zero mass would mean gravity would have zero affect on the matter, and it would be ridiculously easy to accelerate it to the speed of light, possibly even beyond the speed of light.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

A few years ago I first heard of Edward Leedskin, and I was, and still am to this day, very impressed with his accomplishments. But at this point, I no longer think any anti-gravity was involved. Just a brilliant mathematical and methodical mind at work.
Same goes for all the completely awesome and amazing, ancient sites around the world - Derinkuyu City, Machu Picchu, Pyramids, Baalbek - all of them.

Jumping to anti-gravity is just to far fetched for me. There is no actual physical evidence, like anti-gravity producing tools, to be found nor anything in our history which would imply that this is the case. Just very big rocks, which have been moved and arranged in order. There is just as much basis for a theory about anti-gravity being used to build ancient megaliths, as there is for one having dinosaurs, aliens, extremely smart dolphins or Santa Claus help out. Just because there is no definitive answer it doesn't mean that any answer will apply, and in many cases there are actually pretty good explanations for how and why.

You might already be familiar with some or all of this stuff - but either way, here are a few links with information which convinced me that no 'magic' was involved in the construction of ancient monuments:

#url=http://www#youtube#com/watch?v=jD-EMOhbJ9U#Man builds Stone Henge in his backyard#/url#
This kind of technique might very well have been a big part of Leedskin's methods#
#url=http://www#youtube#com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ#Ancient Aliens Debunked#/url#
Personally I enjoyed the first seasons of Ancient Aliens a lot, especially because they introduced me to so many ancient sites# But as this great production shows, most of the theories introduced in the show can be debunked#
How to build a pyramid
And article which includes the most theory #the internal spiral ramp theory# on how the pyramids were constructed.

Simple fact is that our ancestors were extremely skilled workers and great mathematicians. They didn't waste half their day on Facebook.

With that said, I still think it might be possible to produce anti-gravity, but I doubt that it is just something we can figure out here.

Nicely put!

I can tell you how all those huge structures were built! They were built by slavery and forced labor. Hundreds of thousands of slaves built all those. Read your Bible and you will get the idea of how things were in ancient times.

Considering the U.S and slavery we can see how huge nations even are built on the backs of forced labor. So a few big individual structures are not that impossible a feat, are they! We send rockets into space. I think with huge amounts of human and animal labor we can move huge objects and build sky scrapers!
edit on 12-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
The secret to anti-gravity is learning how to manipulate the higgs boson. Seeing as it's the cause of mass, if we learn how to strip the higgs boson out of matter, then we've just created anti-gravity in a manner of speaking. To my understanding zero mass would mean gravity would have zero affect on the matter, and it would be ridiculously easy to accelerate it to the speed of light, possibly even beyond the speed of light.

Yes! It is within the realms of future science to play with the very building blocks of the physical universe and if ever anti gravity is achieved it will be in the way that you suggest.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

When I read your thread title, something popped into my head. It may be what you are eluding to in your OP. I'm really tired right now, but if I don't say it... I will forget I even read the title, much less the concept I thought of. So forgive the brevity. Here goes:

Think of 'sound canceling' technology (as in headphones.) It does NOT 'drown out' the sound with a louder sound, right? It bounces back 'complementary' or 'opposite' sound waves to balance out to 'zero.' The same can be said of visual waves. Think 'blue blocker' sunglasses. Now what about gravity? Objects are being pulled towards the Earth. What is the opposite force that can cancel out the gravity?

From what I've read, we don't really understand exactly what gravity is or why/how it works. My bet is on electromagnetic forces.

edit on 12/12/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If Luke can do it (jump to 0:20) so can we go ATS!!!!

Interesting topic S&F
edit on 12-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed my reply.
In some cases slaves did play larger roles in construction, but had it been slaves exclusively we wouldn't see the quality work that we do.

In the case of the pyramids, it is assumed that there was a sort of 'labour tax', in the sense that a precentage of your work had to be done for the state. I can see how many would consider this slavery, it was mandatory labour, but it is more complicated then that. But due to the logistic experince the Egyptians gained from these massive projects, they actually had a pretty good welfare system. They would collect exces food from those who had it and redistribute it amongst those who didn't. I imagine they aknowledge the fact that they needed each other.

In the case of Machu Picchu, the place was build by the people who lived there over the course of 150 years. The city was in constant expansion.

I think in many cases, the biggest problem is to imagine how long it has taken to build these places, and also the amount of people working on it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
reply to post by Revolution9

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed my reply.
In some cases slaves did play larger roles in construction, but had it been slaves exclusively we wouldn't see the quality work that we do.

In the case of the pyramids, it is assumed that there was a sort of 'labour tax', in the sense that a precentage of your work had to be done for the state. I can see how many would consider this slavery, it was mandatory labour, but it is more complicated then that. But due to the logistic experince the Egyptians gained from these massive projects, they actually had a pretty good welfare system. They would collect exces food from those who had it and redistribute it amongst those who didn't. I imagine they aknowledge the fact that they needed each other.

In the case of Machu Picchu, the place was build by the people who lived there over the course of 150 years. The city was in constant expansion.

I think in many cases, the biggest problem is to imagine how long it has taken to build these places, and also the amount of people working on it.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I agree with most of those details you provide, but I must stress that at times the Egyptians were very cruel oppressors, like in the case of Moses and "Let My People Go!". Also, the Aztecs, Mayans and Incas were very cruel at times, like ripping the hearts out of sacred victims to appease the evil gods.

I do know that the Egyptians were known for their humanity at certain periods, too. Same goes for the U.S in the modern world I guess. In the U.S we see the best and worst of a powerful young civilization.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

OOPS!
Sorry guys fat fingers i guess....

Please refer to the whole OP above

The potential for international and worth while projects here on this station is enormous....
I have often wondered why so few attempts are made to harness this huge resource base of thinking power.....
from things like remote viewing to (T&C violation) many many different and very out there theories and practices are basically scrubbed from the boards after a few thread killers or T&C violation....
I always hoped this site would turn into such a place...but it seems its just an ego flashing retort channel much of the time....
God i would hope that it will mature into something a little more adult someday....
This proposition, though a little" tongue in cheek" is after all a serious dream of mine that we can get things moving by sharing with everyone world wide our imaginings and our mathematical models alike....
fresh brain power is obviously needed to overcome the problems that beset us.
Am i making any freakin sense??
If this is deemed spurious Mods please delete

You making crystal clear sense, Stirling! I wish we could all combine our thoughts and do something special. I think we could.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I want to build a flying car or even a scaled down model version which can be used as a kids toy. I think it can be done with an electro-magnet but the shielding needed would make make it too heavy and too expensive. Anti-gravity can't be too hard, the Ancients apparently used it to build the mega-structures which remain from the past. I heard that "sound waves" plays a part in anti-gravity or levitation as it was speculated on the History channel that the Ancients possibly used sound waves to lift massive stones into place. Sound can levitate objects at the right frequency; maybe a magnet in combination with sound waves would do the trick.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook

Anti-gravity can't be too hard, the Ancients apparently used it to build the mega-structures which remain from the past.

How is this apparent to you?

There is in my opninion NOTHING that would suggest that ancient civilizations used anti-gravity. Could you please share some data on these theories?!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Sound waves was speculated as one of the possible ways the Ancients lifted the massive stone structures into place when building their massive monuments. Sound levitation does exist but only at certain frequencies which I don't know those exact frequencies.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook
reply to post by Mads1987

Sound waves was speculated as one of the possible ways the Ancients lifted the massive stone structures into place when building their massive monuments. Sound levitation does exist but only at certain frequencies which I don't know those exact frequencies.

Dear Lostbook,

What you say is speculation. Yes, the rumble of low frequency bass can knock objects off shelves and waves from explosions can shift huge amounts. However, this is not mystical in any way. It is firm and established physics.

In theory very very very powerful bass waves could move objects in a controlled way. How could they have powered and controlled these waves, though? We can't do that yet.

I think we need a 1, 000, 000 watt amp and speaker delivering bass to move a huge object a certain distance enough to make it to the next 1,000,000 watt amp and speaker!

That sounds fun. May I suggest Dub, Dub Step, Drum and Bass and Reggae as a sound medium to broadcast through this mother of a sound system???

ps. ask Jesus. He managed it. He both walked on the water and ascended to Heaven. I think there are some serious clues there as how to defeat natural laws of physics, hmmmm???
edit on 12-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: more info.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Magnetism and gravity are not related. They are both forces, working via fields.

I could slap you for suggesting that. They are intrinsically related!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join