It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Moon isn't shifting...Then the Earth sure is.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rugger

I hear this may be changing very soon.
This configuration will be the good old days.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rugger

Yes...sort of.
The line between the Sun and Moon has to be roughly perpendicular to the horizon. This happens in the late fall to early spring because, in the northern hemisphere, the ecliptic (the path the Sun follows across the sky) is far to the South.

You can find a longer explanation here:
planetariumweb.madison.k12.wi.us...

edit on 12/13/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
sometimes I hace the feeling, that people create threads on topics they just want to find strange.... Because they want to believe in 21.12.12

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I wonder what would happen if the tilt angle was reduced from 23.44 degrees all the
way to zero?
No more 4 seasons? Summer all year long? Calmer weather patterns?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

No more 4 seasons?

Yes.

Summer all year long?

With no seasons there could be no summer.

Calmer weather patterns?

Calmer compared to what? Where?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus

Just a thought....... but I think someone would take note of the different orientations present.

Do you mean on a Government or media level?

The same thought has crossed my mind and it just doesn't make any sense that no recent media references or scientific studies can be readily located about this. The amount of people who claim that there is something wrong (thousands) as of late compared to the recent media attention on the subject , which is none, is staggering.

Its almost as if there was a "gag order" in place and professionals dealing with the subject have had to sign non-disclosure agreements regarding these facts. (Just speculation)

The Inuit peoples of the high arctic have published several stories regarding the changes in sun's position at their locations and were told by a meteorologist that it is an "optical phenomenon unique to the extremely high horizon". Yet these changes are visible all over the world. Regular people from all over the world are reporting their observations regarding the sun and moon changing their positions in the sky... and we're not just talking inches here.

One of the apparent bigger changes that I have read about was how the furthest north the sun traditionally appeared for thousands of years, was the tropic of cancer which passes through central mexico, yet now, at the beginning of summer, it can be witnessed to rise in the direction of maine and set in the direction of seattle.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
IF you go here

www.starrynighteducation.com...=4&LatD=34&LatM=36.41999999999996&LatRG=N&LonD=87&LonM=1.379999999999768&LonRG=W&HH=05&Min=00&AmPm=2& MM=12&DD=14&YY=2012&DST=&SD=Yes&LocMMA=&LabStar=Yes&Lab=Yes&Cons=Yes&Hor=No&SG=&PW=410&PH=358&Az=225&FOV=90&Alt=25&Elev=3&LocN=Earth&Explore=No&

Type in the southwest position...clock the time to December 14th at 5pm (this will be the day of our new moon, the thin crescent in the western sky)- then uncheck the horizon box so you can view where the sun has set at the horizon and its position from the earth and to the moon. Its not hard to see why we get this look of a somewhat 'bottom' crescent moon. If you get a picture of a specific date of when the moon was said to be lit on the bottom, compute the location and time to see if it makes sense of the way the sun is positioned to the moon.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Is there something else you would like to share with the class... because I didn't get why it would be changing? or why this would be considered the good old days? Did I fall asleep again and miss something?
edit on 13-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: grammar per usual

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Ask me again in 10 days.
I should have much more to share with you.
Take a break.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

oh i see... ok so that picture of lens flare is relevant to your personal belief system... gotcha.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

All good things to those who wait.
The worst is over. It's all downhill from here.
A good company to check out would be Planetary Resources.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Yes, Starry Night Pro Plus running on a 27 inch iMac is great!
I have a passion for the stars.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thank you for your kind consideration of my future.. and yes I will absolutely believe you forthwith if something happens it 10 days... or 8.. whatever the case maybe
what will happen if nothing happens? Would you be more willing to believe me if that were the case?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Yeah, as others stated, this is completely normal. I've seen the moon "sitting" at different angles for more than 30 years now. It isn't always as the chart shows - they're just not bothering to show all of the possible "positions" - they're just charting how much of the moon is "lit" by the sun.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23Yeah, as others stated, this is completely normal. I've seen the moon "sitting" at different angles for more than 30 years now. It isn't always as the chart shows - they're just not bothering to show all of the possible "positions" - they're just charting how much of the moon is "lit" by the sun.

The Moon's orbit is eccentric.
The Earth's rotation axis is variable which causes the changes in the seasons.
Plus there's also a "wobble" in the Earth's rotation.

All of which is why when you have an eclipse in Bangladesh, you don't have one in Chicago.
And why in the middle of winter (in the Northern Hemisphere) the sun comes up in the South, and in the summer it comes up in the North.
The Moon also rises in different parts of the sky for the same reason and also because it's orbit is eccentric.
edit on 13-12-2012 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just for the record I didn't even notice the angle of the crescent. It was more of a feeling you would get from looking at it. For what ever intangible reason it happened, I felt compelled to really notice the moon that morning.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

Is there something else you would like to share with the class... because I didn't get why it would be changing? or why this would be considered the good old days? Did I fall asleep again and miss something?
edit on 13-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: grammar per usual

There are many theories and myths presented by authors about the tilting of the Earth. Many speak of a mythical 'Golden Age', supposedly caused by the Earth's axis being upright, and of the succeeding ages which followed on its fall from perfection to where the axis sits now, roughly inclined at 24 degrees to the perpendicular.
Thus, we have seasons, and days and nights which very in length according to the time of year and latitude.

Many also speak of how the Earth's axis might be tilting back towards the upright position. One such theory is by a french philosopher named Charles Fourier (1772-1837), who believed the Earth would right itself in a time of "Harmony" (no specific date) and that the north pole would be a warmer climate and the whole northern hemisphere would become fertile.

I'm not saying this is the case but it's always a possibility.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

The closer to the equator, the more "laying down" is the view of the moon.
At the equator, the angle is completely laying down, and arching up.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Yes I know, but the angle of the horns don't seem normal for this time of year and the angles have been changing erratically. In the Northern hemisphere, many people are seeing what usually only occurs near the equator, the upturned crescent is becoming routine in locations where it should not be. (I am fairly certain our "u" crescent up here is not expected untill march, I could be wrong). The moon going from a laying down crescent to an upright one in a matter of 8 hours (also witnessed) doesn't seem right to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns

The same thought has crossed my mind and it just doesn't make any sense that no recent media references or scientific studies can be readily located about this.

It makes perfect sense if there is actually nothing out of place.

Its almost as if there was a "gag order" in place and professionals dealing with the subject have had to sign non-disclosure agreements regarding these facts. (Just speculation)

There are who knows how many tens of thousands of amateur star gazers and astronomers all over the globe who would notice if there was something wrong and there is no way to keep them silent--the same way they can't keep you silent. Every kid with a Go To scope would see it.

Muslims also need to keep careful track of the moon for religious purposes and are reporting nothing wrong. How would they be under a western "gag order"?

The moon is moving precisely as predicted. It's just that a lot of people are unfamiliar with that and only occasionally look up. These claims aren't anything new. People have been mistaken and vocal about this for as long as I've been reading sites like this.

The Inuit peoples of the high arctic have published several stories regarding the changes in sun's position at their locations

And there are educated Inuit who realize the earth is not out of place. This is simply an appeal to the "noble savage" when in fact that is not the case. If the earth were out of place the GPS units the Inuit use on their snowmobiles wouldn't work properly/

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join