It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Moon isn't shifting...Then the Earth sure is.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You are correct, a web search will link you to THOUSANDS of photos, documents and videos from people all over the planet who have noticed the same thing. Here on ATS you will find one of the largest and most ignorant group of so called "debunkers" who will say otherwise as I myself discovered on several occasions........
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And of course my absolute favorite post, thrown in the hoax bin because the kid who took the photos didn't understand why they were important.....

If you're interested I can supply you with links to plenty of photos and documents, just don't let the denial group throw you off track, it's important.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingFox
It made me wonder too.

Obviously, anomalies would be published.

There are a few published papers in peer reviewed journals, unless you have permission, you can't access them. Also, most historical data is based on Lunar Laser Ranging that measures the Moon's distance from Earth with a high degree of accuracy, not the angle.
NASA has documented anomalies in the movement of objects when they travel between the Earth and the Moon, I believe they are called "Flyby" anomalies.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh Phage, don't be the Grinch to the 2012 Party now.

You know me from posting well enough by now to know I think in a real logical way and not really given to this whole line of speculation to start with. Not if facts don't support it. However, we are in a closing timeline to a date no one can be 100% certain just what the meaning is about ..If anything at all... and information wouldn't necessarily be from all sources and properly verified down the line if a problem were slowly developing. Not in the time frames here.

So as I've said in other threads, I'm 98% certain there isn't anything to this. That 2% though. Yeah.... I mean this would be a killer way to learn there are cycles out there around us on a larger scale than we were aware of for our relatively short time being around to notice and write about it. We'll know soon enough.... Less than 10 doom days to go!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Lol I hear where you are coming from on that one. Yeah I do, but for some reason I just thought something to be off about it as of late, could just be me. Maybe I look at it too much.

I did notice the moon, I don't know if that's normal... definitely not traditional... but it's something weird that others have noticed too.

I created a thread about sunrise and sunset times here on ATS

I don't know what is going on, but I was trying to see if many other people have noted the sunrise/sunset times being off.

Maybe the phenomena in both your thread and mine are caused by the same thing?

I think you're right, both are probably being caused by the same thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Try this out and you'll see it's perfectly normal. Take a picture of the crescent moon just when it's getting dark out. Then take a picture of the crescent moon just when it's getting light out. You'll see.

You're hilarious.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ok I got halfway down page 1 and decided aliens have stolen braincells again.......

Imagine two people. One stood at the equator and one stood at the north pole on the same line on longitude. The HEADS of these two people will be 90 degrees from each other (if the penny has dropped please leave now to save self embarrassement). This means that if they observe ANY object in the sky (east or west) it will be orientated 90 degrees different. For example the person at the equator will see the crescent moon top or bottom whilst the person at the pole will see the crescent right or left AT THE SAME TIME.

Now if you wish to believe that a circular earth affecting viewing angles is a global conspiracy , then please feel free to be mind numbingly stupid ( sorry mods but come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ). I will send you a picture of a flat earth supported by giant elephants at each corner with those supported on a giant turtle.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
Ok I got halfway down page 1 and decided aliens have stolen braincells again.......

Imagine two people. One stood at the equator and one stood at the north pole on the same line on longitude. The HEADS of these two people will be 90 degrees from each other (if the penny has dropped please leave now to save self embarrassement). This means that if they observe ANY object in the sky (east or west) it will be orientated 90 degrees different. For example the person at the equator will see the crescent moon top or bottom whilst the person at the pole will see the crescent right or left AT THE SAME TIME.

Now if you wish to believe that a circular earth affecting viewing angles is a global conspiracy , then please feel free to be mind numbingly stupid ( sorry mods but come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ). I will send you a picture of a flat earth supported by giant elephants at each corner with those supported on a giant turtle.
exactly,why do people have to try grasp at things that just aint there,lets try find facts for things that are unexplainable.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Slight correction i think the moon moves two inches or so closer to the earth every year??
Not quite locked
Thats what you agt for watching You tube..............

Also the earths axis has shifted from earth quake and it wobbles as well so the zodiadal cycle repeats ....
edit on 12-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

That would be incorrect. The moon moves further away from the earth every year, not closer.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Cornell University Study

A recent analysis of a Lunar Laser Ranging (LLR) data record spanning 38.7 yr revealed an anomalous increase of the eccentricity of the lunar orbit

the issue of finding a satisfactorily explanation for the anomalous behavior of the Moon's eccentricity remains open

I say that too many people are noting sunrise/sunset/moon anomalies to be dismissed as nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Not a "Cornell University Study". The article was written by Lorenzo Iorio

Do you know what orbital eccentricity is?
Do you know what

an anomalous increase of the eccentricity of the lunar orbit amounting to de/dt_meas = (9 +/- 3) 10^-12 yr^-1
represents? That is a change of 0.000000017% a year. At that rate the eccentricity of the Moon's orbit would change 1.6% in 100 million years. Not very noticeable. Gotta wonder if it's even real.
edit on 12/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Not a "Cornell University Study". The article was written by Lorenzo Iorio

Do you know what orbital eccentricity is?
Do you know what

an anomalous increase of the eccentricity of the lunar orbit amounting to de/dt_meas = (9 +/- 3) 10^-12 yr^-1
represents? That is a change of 0.000000017% a year. At that rate the eccentricity of the Moon's orbit would change 1.6% in 100 million years. Not very noticeable. Gotta wonder if it's even real.

My mistake, comes from the Cornell University Library, not a study.
But, it appears Lorenzo Iorio has a PhD with research field in gravitational physics. Do I think he is a fake? No.
And sorry, but how do we know your answer of 1.6% in 100 millions years is accurate?

Question: Can anyone here confirm or deny Phage's answer?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have to say though, there is something to be said for scale of numbers....and the more normal folk talking about noticing different things off? The more I'm growing concerned and the chuckle is dying in my throat.

Scale of numbers? Wow. Three whole threads.
Normal people? On ATS?

Maybe there would be more threads if people like you, and you specifically, didn't ridicule and insult anyone who posts a thread about it. There are WAY more than three threads here by more than three people, add to that the number of you tube videos and threads on other sites making it harder to deny. You are fast becoming a minority where this subject is concerned.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by occy30

Clearly you were so moved by that image you stopped your vehicle (judging by reflection on window) and took the photo. Unless you do this often I would say your brain indicated this was unusual and merited a photo.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

The OP seems pretty aware of how the Earth- Moon system operates, apparently you are not.
People in the Northern hemisphere are seeing what usually only occurs near the equator, the upturned crescent is becoming routine in locations where it should not.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by stirling

I believe the moon is moving away from the Earth about an inch per year.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

But, it appears Lorenzo Iorio has a PhD with research field in gravitational physics. Do I think he is a fake? No.

And sorry, but how do we know your answer of 1.6% in 100 millions years is accurate?

I don't think he's a fake either. But the numbers he is dealing with are so small that it's entirely possible there are errors in the measurements he used.

I used Lorio's calculations. You can do the same. Don't tell me you quoted an article which you don't understand.

I quoted the rate of change he found. The change in the eccentricity of the orbit is minute, miniscule, unnoticeable and barely measurable.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

You are fast becoming a minority where this subject is concerned.

Fortunately reality is not based on the misconceptions of youtube and ATS posters.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I quoted the rate of change he found

Show me where this is quoted in the paper (sorry, I don't see it)

I used Lorio's calculations. You can do the same. Don't tell me you quoted an article which you don't understand.

Sorry, but neither me or the average person could even begin to decipher the equation.

That is why I am asking, "How are you qualified to solve this equation", and "Why we should trust your answer".
edit on 12-12-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917

That is why I am asking, "How are you qualified to solve this equation", and "Why we should trust your answer".

You have to have qualifications to be able to do maths now?
Do you think he just made them up, just to spite you, because he knows the moon is changing its orbit at a huge rate and wants to throw us off the trail?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
C'mon people. Do you not know that orbital statistics of any object in the inner Solar System are so well known, especially the Earth-Moon ephemera, that the slightest unscheduled variation, (and we are talking about a thousandth of an arc second), would set off so many alarms in the scientific community, it would make headlines around the world.

Your problem is not understanding that your observing platforms are not uniform, and you are very rarely standing perpendicular to your true zenith position for your latitude and longitude. If you were, then you would not notice any variation. Anomalies like this are the cause of all the "magnetic hills" and other strange hilly places on Earth where it seems like you are going uphill or downhill on flat land. It all has to do with your perception of what is flat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join