If the Moon isn't shifting...Then the Earth sure is.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

These photos are not my own but have been taken geographically close to where I live and within the same week. I have only started to contemplate this theory in the last few weeks after noticing odd changes in the moon lately myself. Unfortunately, I cannot go back in time to photograph the different angles I saw but I can from this point out and will be sharing my results with you as well.

edit on 12-12-2012 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

That was a very good explanation for a non-science girl.

However, do you think that would be the cause for different erratic angles every other day? I'm confused on this one lol I always thought the moon and I knew each other so well.
I am aware of the traditional moon phases and that the angle will change with the season and viewing point but, lately it just seems to be all over the place. There could very well be nothing wrong with the moon at all...but me brain doth thinks differently.

Thanks I do try.. and I think phage really answered your question better on "why it seems to be all over the place" but I cannot discern your own personal feelings. If there has been any significant change I think we would see dramatic effects of that here on earth with our tides and etc... Have you any other credible evidence that the normal rotation of the satellites orbiting the sun have changed at all? and i'll include the moon because even though it rotates us .. our satellite rotates the sun.. the sun in turn is also moving in relation to the milky way.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Try this out and you'll see it's perfectly normal. Take a picture of the crescent moon just when it's getting dark out. Then take a picture of the crescent moon just when it's getting light out. You'll see.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

I'm going to do that tonight, provided its not overcast, and share my results with you guys tomorrow. I'll also take a photo at a specific time of day/night and then one on the following day/night at the same time and see what turns up.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That could be a problem. The Moon will not be visible tonight. There is no Moon tomorrow night.
edit on 12/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Point taken lol I guess I will have to reschedule in that case. Thanks for the heads up Phage and the previous knowledge drop.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Thanks for the post. It made me think (always a good thing..lol) and then I thought perhaps it's not really an anomaly, but just a normal change in the way the evolution of the earth has changed. What I mean is that the earth has been hit by asteroids, meteors from its beginning.

Also, Earthquakes, which can change the earths axis and hence, ones perspective on the stars, moon, etc. As part of proof on this. Attached is a headline and article of a recent earthquake that changed the earths axis. Just think how many times over the course of the history of the earth this has happend? I hope was helpful toward the thread.

Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet, shifted Earth's axis

www.cnn.com...

Warm regards
edit on 12-12-2012 by ItDepends because: grammatical change

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

yesterday morning on my way to work my view was similar to your last picture, however this morning driving in i seen the star or planet that sits by it but no moon any where? I don't know anything about space so im really lost on it just weird tho.

really wish i would of had a good camera yesterday cause the moon was beautiful, as you could see the rest of the moon slightly highlighted but not lit up. almost ran off the road a few times trying to take picture with my phone, they didn't turn out well.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I hear where you are coming from. Yeah I do, but for some reason I just thought something to be off about it as of late, the angles are very erratic. Could just be me.

The other night for example, when the moon was rising, the crescent appeared to be 'laying down' And then the following morning it appeared to 'right-side-up'. Is that normal? Maybe I look at it too much. Lol

It is the orientation of moon compared to the sun that does that, so yeah that is entirely normal.
Where the moon is in sky actually changes drastically in just days and this is also entirely normal.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Thanks for the post. It made me think (always a good thing..lol) and then I thought perhaps it's not really an anomaly, but just a normal change in the way the evolution of the earth has changed. What I mean is that the earth has been hit by asteroids, meteors from its beginning.

Also, Earthquakes, which can change the earths axis and hence, ones perspective on the stars, moon, etc. As part of proof on this. Attached is a headline and article of a recent earthquake that changed the earths axis. Just think how many times over the course of the history of the earth this has happend? I hope was helpful toward the thread.

Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet, shifted Earth's axis

www.cnn.com...

Warm regards
edit on 12-12-2012 by ItDepends because: grammatical change

The change from earthquakes are so small and insignificant that it is completely dwarfed by year to year variations as well as the slow decline in axial tilt caused by milankovich cycles.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Sorry, I just wanted to clarify that I am aware of the Earth's current axial tilt but was referring to the possibility of it shifting/tilting by a great degree in a short span of time.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance

Lol I hear where you are coming from on that one. Yeah I do, but for some reason I just thought something to be off about it as of late, could just be me. Maybe I look at it too much.

I did notice the moon, I don't know if that's normal... definitely not traditional... but it's something weird that others have noticed too.

I created a thread about sunrise and sunset times here on ATS

I don't know what is going on, but I was trying to see if many other people have noted the sunrise/sunset times being off.

Maybe the phenomena in both your thread and mine are caused by the same thing?

I am a keen Telescope user, always have been, and yes the Moon is not in it's normal place like it or not, I cannot say if the Moon has moved or Earth, but what I can tell you is my house is in the same place today as it was when I moved here okay? my telescope is still pointing at the same South/S/West bit of sky okay? yet this winter the Moon is not there in view, it is East of my obs area, not S/S West any longer, so I never hardly see the Moon in my back garden, as I have no telescope pointing East here.
It is odd, I miss seeing the moon now, but Venus & Jupiter are East now as well and no I have not started on the Xmas drink yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thank you for the thread, it was very well written

I am no expert on this matter but I must say over the last few years the sun and the moon have seemed different to me as for their positioning and appearance, but that is just from my point of view which can be foggy at times so I am not claiming that anything has changed, but it does appear that way.

That being said, I'm going to grab some popcorn and sit back and watch and see what the "experts" have to say on this matter. Many intelligent members have made valid arguments about this topic over the last year or so which leaves me no choice to at least consider that it might be true.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A "moon is in the wrong place" thread?

What is this? GLP?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OP.... I think I've been saying for over a year that if something were REALLY out of place in the cosmos or something were REALLY changing with Earth as it relates to space...then the Amateur world is where we'd hear of it more reliably than NASA or the talking head space experts in MSM. Just regular folks.... Normal Joes with a telescope, an Almanac or both. I haven't been seeing all that happen and so...Bah Humbug has been a safe reply.

I look at the page today and what do I see? 3 different topics showing right now, at the same time and from entirely different people...on different aspects....of time, position or phase not seeming quite 'right'. Nothing so far off that you can scientifically say 'AH-HA! There it's broken!'. I have to say though, there is something to be said for scale of numbers....and the more normal folk talking about noticing different things off? The more I'm growing concerned and the chuckle is dying in my throat.

Hmmm.....?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have to say though, there is something to be said for scale of numbers....and the more normal folk talking about noticing different things off? The more I'm growing concerned and the chuckle is dying in my throat.

Scale of numbers? Wow. Three whole threads.
Normal people? On ATS?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY

yesterday morning on my way to work my view was similar to your last picture, however this morning driving in i seen the star or planet that sits by it but no moon any where? I don't know anything about space so im really lost on it just weird tho.

really wish i would of had a good camera yesterday cause the moon was beautiful, as you could see the rest of the moon slightly highlighted but not lit up. almost ran off the road a few times trying to take picture with my phone, they didn't turn out well.

Creepy, I noticed this as well Tuesday morning (around 6am CST). I grabbed this pic from my iphone 4s. Not a good phone for this kind of picture but it's all I had. It was really weird how awesome it looked.

i101.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ohh I think I need a coffee this might be interesting.. wabbit , I cannot attest to how people are "feeling" or perhaps it is this anxiety over the date nonsense.. I'm not sure while nothing catastrophic has yet to occur so... my thinking is that everything is still spinning as per usual...

Now are people noticing things they have never noticed or paid attention to before... could be .. maybe something is about to wobble out of whack who am i to say it's an impossibility.. i won't, They say the earth's axis drifts after every major eathquake.. I can't help but think that too has always been and is a natural process and doesn't effect the orbit of earth, the gravitational pull of the moon or some such thing.. but I would be fascinated if anyone can show me proof that something is off... i'm ready to see it..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe Phange can answer this. Is there a good place to track the pole shifts? I know it moves every year and has increased in speed every year for quite a few years. Maybe this has something to do with the tilt of the poles? I think eventually it's gonna 'flip' and usher in a new climate change until everything balances back out. I think this is the norm for mother earth.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by occy30

There's no "n" in my handle.

You seem to be talking about the drift of the magnetic north pole. It moves all the time. It isn't really "tracked" on a consistent basis but its position is calculated. You can get the calculated location here:
www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

Maybe this has something to do with the tilt of the poles?
Why?

edit on 12/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix is on-air in 18 minutes.
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def