Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Kirin Earthquake Research Institute calls for alertness - a huge earthquake possible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Not sure if this is in a right forum. This is a japanese earthquake research institute.. I'm not up for translating all of the info on this for now, but here's something from the yahoo article:

They base their prediction on information on atmosphere's gravity waves (大気重力波) (?) and the data from their "observation machine" 1 and 2.

For predicting the possible upcoming epicentre the institute is asking people to tweet or report them strange things like falling of magnets (eg from freezer doors), abnormalities in tv receptions or in car navigation systems, or witnessing unnormal withdrawing of the coastline.

Then the article is talking about their past data and how it some way corresponded in the recent quakes. Then the institute calls alertness for "since the 3.11.2011 quake, the force balances regarding the japanese islands have changed"

Then in the last paragraph: The Kirin Earthquake Research Institute is providing earthquake prediction and occurence news services for paid subscribers.

What it comes to magnitudes, on one of their tweets two days ago, they are mentioning that the japanese meteorological agency have also announced that they can't deny the possibility of magnitude 8 outer-rise earthquake.

japanese links:

headlines.yahoo.co.jp...

www.npo-iaep.org...

twitter.com...

2ch thread anago.2ch.net...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Japan has been quite active the last few days with quakes ranging from 4.0 - 5.0 in magnitude and occurring in groups of two or three within an hour of each other.

Should be interesting to keep an eye on this.

But, at the same time this same event happens seemingly everyday in Japan, Alaska, off the coast of Australia, Chile, The gulf of Mexico, Us West Coast, and all around Turkey.
edit on 12-12-2012 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
That's quite the prediction seeing that Japan has been experiencing large quakes for about a year now.

Seems like it could be a fore gone conclusion.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
So they are measuring energy waves in the atmosphere and deriving their predictions on the levels of energy detected...

What other tech do we know of that 'charges' the atmosphere with energy?

HAARP

Could it be that agency is just reading that? Which is strange because why would they let a bunch of scientists discuss that with the media. Surely Japan has it's own inteligence agency and surely they should have SOME form of knowledge regarding US tech.

Either that or HAARP doesnt exixt and our earth's atmosphere is undergoing- or has long since been subjected to- extreme atmospherical charges which then release high energy onto the earth's techtronic plates.

Which sound more likely? I think HAARP, otherwise where would the sudden increase in energy come from? Oort cloud?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Ide say a mix of both options you describe. Times are definitely changing. But the dynastic elite definitely have earthquake technology.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
well givin the condition of the #4 cooling pool, that is certainly something to hope
doesnt happen.. thanks for the info,. english would have been nice

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
8.3mag

Honshu

2 days

I just asked my dog.
edit on 12-12-2012 by iamhobo because: changed wall to dog

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

My dogs says your dog is off by 18.2 hours.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthemistandfog
For predicting the possible upcoming epicentre the institute is asking people to tweet or report them strange things like falling of magnets (eg from freezer doors), abnormalities in tv receptions or in car navigation systems, or witnessing unnormal withdrawing of the coastline.

I had not thought of pairing these things with earthquakes. Since I live in an seismic zone, I find this interesting. Maybe getting a couple of fridge magnets would not be a bad idea, even though when I finally got rid of them I swore I would never have any again, lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Around 9.4 according to my birds.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by iamhobo

My dogs says your dog is off by 18.2 hours.

my nuts say no big earthquake. both almonds and cashews on the same page.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
So they are measuring energy waves in the atmosphere and deriving their predictions on the levels of energy detected...

HAARP

Could it be that agency is just reading that? Which is strange because why would they let a bunch of scientists discuss that with the media. Surely Japan has it's own inteligence agency and surely they should have SOME form of knowledge regarding US tech.

Either that or HAARP doesnt exixt and our earth's atmosphere is undergoing- or has long since been subjected to- extreme atmospherical charges which then release high energy onto the earth's techtronic plates.

Which sound more likely? I think HAARP, otherwise where would the sudden increase in energy come from? Oort cloud?

I think you're thinking chicken->egg, whereas theyre thinking egg->chicken

In other words, they believe the earth gives off signs of stress/geological activity in the form of these measurable energies. - whereas you're saying the energies cause the activity in the earth.

Not saying which is right/wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats the way they are looking at it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

HAARP

I think you're thinking chicken->egg, whereas theyre thinking egg->chicken

In other words, they believe the earth gives off signs of stress/geological activity in the form of these measurable energies. - whereas you're saying the energies cause the activity in the earth.

Not saying which is right/wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats the way they are looking at it.

I am trying to put an analogy together....

An explosion makes noise.

If we direct the sound of an explosion at Earth it will cause an explosion on the Earth.

Not sure that the HAARP thing makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by inthemistandfog

Do these researchers have a track-record of predicting EarthQuake events with these gravity waves?

If so.....doe anyone have any data on it? I ran a couple quick google searches and did not see anything.

I would be intrigued to see the data and prevoius predictions.

Adaptability.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Going to the USGS Earthquake site and wandering around punching up various areas, I noticed no recent activity in either Africa or Australia. That in itself seems curious.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Major rumblings in Middle-East near Jerusalem soon!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That site doesn't look legit at all. Wifey is a native speaker, I'll ask her opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'll add my two cents:

My girlfriend is Japanese and lives in Japan, south of Tokyo. We were Skyping a couple of days ago and I asked her if people in Japan are concerned at all about the Mayan calender ending or if people discuss 2012 theories at all. She said no and she's never even heard of the Mayan calender theory. She said people in Japan aren't concerned in the least about any cataclysmic events in 2012.

However, we started talking about the recent earthquake and she did say that people are saying that a huge earthquake will hit Japan on Dec. 21. I asked her who said that and she said it's just one of those things that a lot of people talk about - something that is spread through word of mouth and not really discussed on the news or in academia. She said people think another earthquake will hit because of the quake a few days ago. I didn't really press her for more info, as I don't think anything will happen on Dec. 21st and that it's impossible to predict an earthquake.

Just thought I'd share that little bit of info....thought it was kind of a coincidence that the date people think another huge quake will hit is the same date many people think something "big" is going to happen.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. Don't really have much more info.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Militarywarfare
Around 9.4 according to my birds.

OK, but WHEN?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Some more earthquake stuff from the land of the rising sun.

The biggest possible earthquake ?

According to Research Center for Prediction of Earthquakes and Volcanic Eruptions - Touhoku University, Japan , the biggest possible earthquake to hit the Japan region is of magnitude 10.0. This would release 30 times more energy than the 311 quake of magnitude 9.0. This kind of earthquake would probably happen once in 10000 years. This would require the whole length of the plate from japan to kuril islands (approximately 3000km length) to move 60 meters. The shaking would last 20 to 60 minutes! Were the whole of Peru-Chile trench move 60 meters, it would generate magnitude 10.3 richter earthquake. So far the biggest observed earthquake is the 9.5 richter Chile earthquake from 1960.

sankei.jp.msn.com...

www.aob.gp.tohoku.ac.jp...

On another note. Few hours ago there were 2 separate approx. magnitude 5 earthquakes near the fukushima. These earthquakes were covered slightly more indepth than usual I think in the japanese news 1 hour ago. Usually the earthquakes of this caliper do not get so much air time. The main info was: Shindo map, No tsunami danger, and that these earthquakes did not seem to create any abnormalities to fukushima nuclear plant number 2. Probably the recent 7 richter earthquake is making them prioritize the earthquakes a bit more once again..

edit on 15-12-2012 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join