It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two whales swim alarmingly close to a canoe, and passenger promptly/understandably loses it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Ever wondered what a whirlwind of emotions looks like? Wonder no more. Watch this girl struggle to keep an even emotional keel as the whales around her slosh and bob ever-closer to her and her dad's canoe. The combination of suppressed terror and full-bore wonderment is insanely fun to watch — not to mention the WHALES. For what it's worth, this girl does a much better job keeping it together than I probably would.

io9.com...#?tag=this-is-awesome

This would be scary and cool at the same time. I can't help but wonder what the whales were thinking.... They looked like they were curious? Or maybe territorial? Beautiful animals...I don't know how anyone could harpoon them... so big too.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That is cool. I would love to be able to see a whale in my life time. Especially that close.

They are such awesome creatures. It's a shame that they are still hunted today.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
God I would have smacked that girl, I mean seriously stfu. The whales were pretty cool though.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Been whale watching before with a company here in WA. It was rather uneventful, and I wouldn't recommend spending money to have some "Pro" cruise you around in a boat, full of people that midway through the trip realize they get Seasick. Terrible.

Should have just rented that canoe...because this video is awesome.
edit on 12-12-2012 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

i think she held it together pretty well considering what that whale could have done to that canoe. in fact she probly held it together better than i would have. I hate the ocean, i mean i love swimming lakes and rivers, but if we were ment to be hanging out in the ocean we would have fins and gills or blowholes, there are moving plants, creatures without faces, undertoes and riptides. sharks, many poisinous animals and things like giant squid and whales that will kill you at will.(and this is just the stuff we have discoverd) not to mention tsunamis. when we get a full account on the ocean and all its creatures and nooks and crannies that will be the day i swim with the dolphins

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Seeing as it could have did this onto her boat I don't think her freaking out was unwarranted.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
What I would give to have an experience like that!

Amazing, I must admit, I had a few tears in my eyes cuz of ... er.. my allergies... yeah.
Lucky girl!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Canoes have motors ? I saw and heard a motor. They could have left if they felt they were in danger. Anyway, it was a beautiful sight , but the kids voice was very annoying.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum

.....suppressed terror....

those whales terrified her! their terrorists!!! GET EM!!!

i think the media is in a bad habit of throwing that word around, watching the video she sounds on edge but terror? exaggeration
edit on 12/12/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Although it must have beenn an amazing experience, it would have been scary. A small nudge from a whale that size is going to capsize your canoe. I wonder if the whales were intrigued or scarred themselves.

Grat video.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Wow..!!

That girl and her Dad should count their lucky stars..! They were out on a flat pond like sea, with gorgeous blue skies and sun AND they saw effin' whales up close...!! Although the girl did annoy me lol - but i doubt she could help it...

The whales are gentle intrigued creatures - its highly unlikely they would knock over a boat unless they did it accidentally, especially if you are doing them no harm...

If that had been me i would've been in there swimming with them...! I've swum with wild basking sharks before and they are incredible creatures..! And they didnt seem to mind me in the water at all - they were just intrigued as to what i was doing in their world LOL.... they came up to me and brushed softly past me, eyeballing me from time to time - it was an awesome experience...!!! And the only thing i would say to watch out for is dont get in the way of their huge gaping mouths..!

Cool thread OP s+f

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Yeah i heard a motor too.. That was not a canoe..! And they were not in any danger, the whales were kinda playing with them, coming up to the surface to have a look at the strange boat dwelling creatures and going under again to check out the boat.. Also methinks the whales seemed happy and intrigued to see these people in their boat, hence why the whales were rolling around so their bellies were upwards...

Methinks all 4 creatures had an interesting and special experience that day, and i hope each keeps it a fond memory

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Dude I love this video!!!! I dare you to take your laptop to any local library, barnes and noble or starbucks, turn the volume all the way up and play this video. It will be interesting to see the other peoples reaction to it. Heres a clue. Does not sound like people watching whales.

Awesome!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

That was so awesome.

Mother nature rocks!

I would have loved to have been there. The Girl would have gone overboard [By Accident] though

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Absolutely. The whole video was completely ruined by that stupid girl. The whales are not going to harm her and even if they did accidentally tip the boat up they not going to eat her.

It was an amazing experience that she should have enjoyed instead of panicking.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Did the what do anything? No

Was this yet another woman panicking? Yes.

Don't go out there if you are not prepared to face the critters of the deep.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Quite a bit of cursing for what seems like a younger kid.

And why isnt the father doing more to comfort him/her?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Lol@ the unrealistic people; they'd be so cool out there, with the whale, not afraid of getting their boat crushed and stuck in the water for days while suffering from dehydration or anything like that man, yeah man, totally.. That girl is so annoying man, i wouldve been all like "shudddup omg."

Dad is probably contemplating the potential shtf scenario, and the girl sounds like shes 12. An American girl probably would've probably spooked the whales going ape#. As for the cursing is concerned, Its prrrooobbbabbbllyy a warranted situation.

I enjoyed the view, and I also like the how the suns reflection on the water looks on the camera.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
thats a pretty awsome vid it looks as if these big guys scoping them out.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

But the whale could have very well accidentally capsized the little boat they were on and sent them into water that is full of sharks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join