It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunset was supposed to be at 4:40pm, but it was still very light way after 5

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thank you, this is the most logical explanation I've heard yet.

I will look into this idea further to see how it works

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i commented with my brother some days ago that it's getting darker sooner than past years, at least since i can remember. it's not normal to be so dark at 15.30 (Portugal time), and this happened some 4 or 5 days ago, also time seems to be speeding up and i mean it,it may be my imagination but you never know.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
anyone noticing a pink/reddish glow?

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by amraks

(start off topic)
I forget that its summer for you guys. Must be funny to have Christmas decorations showing snowmen when its beach weather. Santa in a bathing suit at the beach ! Great love it . Or do your Christmas decorations show summer activity? No snow or snow flakes or snow men, or Frosty anything.

I used to have a Santa single bed quilt cover, depicting Santa in a station wagon with a surfboard on the roof.
Closest thing I have seen that shows Christmas in summer theme.

We used to cover our windows with fake spray on snow, my mum will probably start doing that again when my nephew is old enough to remember it. although she has her Christmas stuff up
At the moment Christmas for our family is just a feast and a few presents. Yum Yum crayfish and seafood. Barbecued foods. roasts. beer. boxing day barbecue. not sure where boxing day will be yet. might convince family to go to beach.

So far at my house Christmas decorations are up in the cupboard, I have no motivation to set them up, because that means I will have to pack them up, oh and tinsel messy grrrrr still vacuuming up last years. lol
(end off topic)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

If I gave the impression you stated it was a conspiracy, my bad it wasn't intended. The only one I know is european www.sat24.com... the reason I mentioned conspiracy is if you can obtain information you need on a source that is not focused on the information you need it is more then likely they wouldn't change it. Sat24 is about clouds and rain (or any other form of water falling down) it is not focused on sunlight. I didn't check the schemes for europe. But it is still getting dark more early in the night. In the morning I think to but they don't seem to be exactly in opposites. I know from the past that the latest the sun rose in the morning isn't on the same date as the earliest the sun goes under.. But taking my kid to school and preapring dinner for him shows me it is getting light a little bit later and dark a little sooner.. app 8 in the morning and 4.30 in the midday..

I was just showing a bigger scheme in the solar/shadow cycle. Local observations can of course be different due to local circumstances. If one would track the sun vs shade on a national or continental level it would be more obvious.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Chadwickus just showed an articel by a local observer, I read that thread last year too, its an intresting topic.
But if we talk about a shadow of a singular point of light (the sun) on a sphere (earth) it would be logical to interperted it as such. Maybe we can find proof the shape of earth is changing, idk but we are not only talking about sunlight through a window or behind some mountains. Look at the bigger scheme, if sunlight didn't change, what happened in that parts the inuit claim differences. Melting icecaps souns logical but not only about the lowering of the ice caps we could also argue that the less mass of the ice has less pressure on that parts of earth and so that parts will rise again and other parts will lower.

I'm not saying it is happening or not. I just want to make clear it is logical to look at the scale. We are talking about.. If we have pretty huge imo changes in locations with some big earthquakes why couldn't be something similair happening there..

As example if a volcano is building up pressure for 10 years the mountain containing the volcanic hotspot will grow, a local observation could claim the sun is coming later over that mountain, while in fact the sun is pretty much normal it is the mountain that is changing.

Just trying to show as many angles of information needed to get to the truth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join