It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunset was supposed to be at 4:40pm, but it was still very light way after 5

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by teck9ne
I didn't think much of it, but it did not get dark until 18:30 pst. I went out to the mailbox around 18:00. I live in Southern Cali, and this time of year gets dark before 17:00. The sky was orange/red. Jupiter was visible to the east. The sun was no longer visible.
So for everyone else who is not on military time that would be 6:00PM for 18:00 and 5:00 for 17:00 and these times sound perfectly normal to me for rising or setting sun.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Sorry dude but the sun is never below the horizon at 4:30. NEVER. At no time of year.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
hahahaha you are the new super Troll karen61560, you tell these people what for

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

No he hasnt not really. This has nothing to do with any place outside the polar circle. That is where this took place. The sun is not in the wrong place. Its not setting early or late . The polar ice caps wont effect when the sun is seen in say California or New York or Miami. It will effect sunrise and sunset where those events only take place once every six months anyway. But no place south of say Finland would be affected by this.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Excellant. Thank you for that. See people, it even has a name for this effect. See the link at the post I am replying to.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Wrong.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

Yeah, night doesnt just blink out like flipping a switch. Flip its day flip its night. No its gradual. So 30 minutes before the sun is supposed to rise you will see the light as it comes up over the horizon. Gosh were most of you just born yesterday. It seems like no one has any real experience with sunsets or sunrises and thats just sad.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There are no odd patterns to be noticed thats the point. Everything is perfectly normal.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfie

Stop it I am not I am telling the truth. How does that make me a troll. I am rather cute if I say so myself actually.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by karen61560

Are you insinuating that we should go outside?!? outside is so outdated, wheres a webcam when I need one? Joking.

I find it funny when threads like these pop up and people nudge at an idea that theres some out of this world explanation. Aliens!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sunset for Louisville, KY...5:23

It is now 6:07 and about 99% dark.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Umm sunset and sunrise is constantly changing across the entire year... its never at a set time. Its why we have things like the Equinox where you have equal periods of day and night... the rest of the year is either more night or more daylight (and vice versa). Not to mention your location also determines the times of sunset/rise.

Also dont forget that Air can act as a lens so with the right atmospheric conditions the sun can be set, but still be visible above the horizon.

Here in NZ at the mo the sun doesnt set in my area until around 9pm, and a few days back thanks to heavy clouds we had dusk like light right up to 10pm. I think we've passed the Summer solstice a week back so for us the Sunsets gonna get early and earlier till we hit our winter extreme of about 5pm...

I can see if some one not knowing this could suddenly a few weeks from now looked up and go 'odd suns set alot earlier tonight' since unless your constantly looking at the sunset/rise you could easily not notice it getting earlier until some times passed at which point it would dawn on you as looking strange, since you didnt notice the inbetween. As a human I think its something we naturally ignore, its when we look at it fragmented and attached to your own 'time keeping' system from time to time that it can feel odd or out of whack.

Wow, sunset at 4:40... scarey thought
I used to get home from school around that time as a kid (which here even in winter was still pretty bright), the thought of walking home in the half light of dusk would have me poopin bricks now days
edit on 12-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I hadn't heard of this, thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970

tonight I will do the same ..sunset is supposed to be at 4:04 pm

i'll post the result in here later.

4:09 and its still light out. (sunny / clouds today ).. and the sun is still noticeable.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

There are no odd patterns to be noticed thats the point. Everything is perfectly normal.

taken straight from page 6 of the shills handbook.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
so ive noticed threads on a the sun being out of whack and also ive seen threads on the moon being out of whack...... and ive seen threads on the stars being out of whack. it this all just a coincidence or are people from all over the world noticing something that is a little off with our sky?

maybe it had something to do with the slight pole shift that happened a while back? i cant back that up im just throwing it out there, can any scientists weigh in on that statement?

then again we can all just be part of some simulation and this is either a glitch, or a controlled experiment with in the simulation.

then again it could be HARPP trying to whip us into a frenzy since its so close to dec 21st

damm ats so many choices

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by sticky

Oddly enough, that's almost the same thing that my husband mentioned when he brought it up. Whereabouts in the world are you?

Yeah.. Wisconsin!

I guess there is something in the local dairy products to make us all crazy!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by amraks

If I understand correctly, Oz is in summer right now?

America, Canada and Australia... all seem to be off time interesting

All's normal in southern California, USA.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Funny I thought that it was light out abit longer than normal today. Then I see this thread a few hours later pretty coincidental
"We are all doomed!"
Still it broke a pattern and that will garner attention.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Atmospheric conditions can bend the light from the sun making sunset to take longer to occur..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join