It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With All The Asteriods? Are Our Thoughts As A Collective Reeling Them In?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I wasn't quite sure where to post this thread so if it's in the wrong place MODs, please feel free to move it wherever you see fit.

I had this idea that millions of people, or maybe billions are expecting the 'End of the World' on December 21, 2012, many who actually want this World to end because they believe that it's long over do as Humanity 'deserves' it and frankly, I'm one of those people who think that.

The Law of Attraction is a very powerful force, and if everybody is expecting that would it be possible that a higher force will give us exactly what we want? Is that what happened to other Ancient Civilizations in our past? As far as I know, Civilization goes back 200,000 years if not more. I wonder if other Civilizations thought the same thing people are thinking today; 'We all deserve to die, or we could really use a cleansing' so on and forth. Eventually in the end, we all get what we want and it's quite possible that it's going to keep happening and happening until we reach our ultimate archetype of a Civilization.

Are all these asteroids a warning of some sort? Ever since the beginning of December, I've been seeing more and more threads about incoming objects and even new asteroids being spotted. Don't get me wrong, I've always had a bad feeling about asteroids ever since I saw the movie Armageddon just like people have bad feelings about drowning, or snakes as if they died from them in their past lives of some sort.

Newfound Asteroid Buzzes Earth Inside Moon's Orbit

A newfound asteroid gave Earth a close shave early today, zipping between our planet and the moon just two days after astronomers first spotted it.

The near-Earth asteroid 2012 XE54, which was discovered Sunday (Dec. 9), came within 140,000 miles (230,000 kilometers) of our planet at about 5 a.m. EST (1000 GMT) Tuesday (Dec. 11), researchers said. For comparison, the moon orbits Earth at an average distance of 240,000 miles or so (386,000 km).

This asteroid was spotted just two days before it whizzed right by us. In astronomical terms, it would be similar to getting a grazed by a bullet.

Maybe it's a coincidence that more and more asteroids are being spotted this December, maybe it's always been like this and I'm simply ignorant about it. I'm sure there are many more asteroid objects that I've neglected to mention but I think I've made my point. Why all these asteroid now? Especially in the month of December? Is it a coincidence? Is our thoughts as a collective reeling them all in somehow? Who really knows. Either way, everything just feels so monumental as we draw near the infamous December 21, 2012 date. I certainly hope hope all these chunks of asteroid aren't coming from a large object with a tail of a bunch of smaller asteroids, but I thought I would point that theory out and see what everybody else thinks.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Nice idea but if our collective minds were so powerfull the skies would be raining gorgeous women( and men for those into them) holding bottles of champagne and the most delicious pizza ever eaten. No, just no. It may be more of a case of those looking for signs will see them.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo and added a bit

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I've been trying to say that I think we might be in danger of getting hit by a significant asteroid or comet. This is proof in stone that we don't always catch these weeks, months, or years ahead.

I've been able to let go of a lot of "predictions" that I've encountered, despite many of my visions and what not being pretty damn accurate. This one fails to escape my mind still:

Through a series of strange happenings, I came across the idea that something with the power of about 10^20 joules of energy will impact this general area of the Atlantic Ocean.

I really, really hope I'm wrong. And if I'm right, I really, really hope I can somehow muster up the clarity of mind and courage to convince people to gtfo of there when that time does come.
edit on 11-12-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant

I've been trying to say that I think we might be in danger of getting hit by a significant asteroid or comet. This is proof in stone that we don't always catch these weeks, months, or years ahead.

I've been able to let go of a lot of "predictions" that I've encountered, despite many of my visions and what not being pretty damn accurate. This one fails to escape my mind still:

Through a series of strange happenings, I came across the idea that something with the power of about 10^20 joules of energy will impact this general area of the Atlantic Ocean.

I really, really hope I'm wrong. And if I'm right, I really, really hope I can somehow muster up the clarity of mind and courage to convince people to gtfo of there when that time does come.

It's funny you posted that, well not funny. But I had a dream awhile back, that I was talking to my ex on the phone and inside this dream the box bubble that allowed me to see her and my daughter in the background while she was talking to me on the phone as I looked outwards facing the bedroom windows. While we were talking, she completely cut out on me and the box bubble disappeared on me and then about a few seconds later I saw a huge tsunami like wave coming towards me, saw red and it felt like I was dying in my dream and then I woke up.

I HOPE that had nothing to do what you're talking about. I used to think it happened in a different time line in another Universe where I was still living in my old apartment given that I hadn't been fired from my job after getting caught smoking you know what which led to me moving to Ontario which is currently where I'm living today.

This is quite a scary thought, because I honestly don't want nothing to happen to my ex, nor my daughter. And they live in Nova Scotia.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just looking at the numbers there haven't been more asteroids discovered for the second half of the year. On top of that we aren't seeing more NEAs make close approaches. The thing you must remember is that these asteroids are on stable orbits. If we were somehow drawing asteroids in these orbits would change and be noticed the world over. The reason you maybe noticing more NEA reports is because it is 2012 and as a result people are trying to tie anything in to the fast approaching date since it seems like nothing else is panning out.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Just looking at the numbers there haven't been more asteroids discovered for the second half of the year. On top of that we aren't seeing more NEAs make close approaches. The thing you must remember is that these asteroids are on stable orbits. If we were somehow drawing asteroids in these orbits would change and be noticed the world over. The reason you maybe noticing more NEA reports is because it is 2012 and as a result people are trying to tie anything in to the fast approaching date since it seems like nothing else is panning out.

That does seem to be the logical answer. People and their doom and gloom, trying to tie every asteroid they hear about to make some kind of connection towards the infamous date that does not even exist.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
they are friends of Earth. If people don't start respecting the planet they live on, and each other and all plants and animals, and start giving thanks to the Earth and all life on it and filling their hearts with love for her and all her children...

then the asteroids might pay us a visit, i suspect.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
very interesting thread. you should trust your intuition.

one line rule thing is so annoying.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant

It's funny you posted that, well not funny. But I had a dream awhile back, that I was talking to my ex on the phone and inside this dream the box bubble that allowed me to see her and my daughter in the background while she was talking to me on the phone as I looked outwards facing the bedroom windows. While we were talking, she completely cut out on me and the box bubble disappeared on me and then about a few seconds later I saw a huge tsunami like wave coming towards me, saw red and it felt like I was dying in my dream and then I woke up.

I HOPE that had nothing to do what you're talking about. I used to think it happened in a different time line in another Universe where I was still living in my old apartment given that I hadn't been fired from my job after getting caught smoking you know what which led to me moving to Ontario which is currently where I'm living today.

This is quite a scary thought, because I honestly don't want nothing to happen to my ex, nor my daughter. And they live in Nova Scotia.

I'll use my super mind powers and help of alien, inter dimensional friends to ward it off

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I don't know but our weatherman knew about them and said go out and look at them and so I think this is something that was predicted and in the almanac or something like the Leonids.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Purely coincidental, and personally I think its more that people are noticing the articles or the articles about such things are being reported in more main stream media avenues than usual... ie the number hasnt changed, its just alot more 'in' to talk about em...

I can go out on a cloudless summer night like last night and watch over the period of 4 hours at least 20 or so (and those are the ones I see in my Field of View) meteors. every thing from short sharp blips that bounce off the atmosphere to real streakers that leave a long bright trail as the plow as low as they can go with out disintegrating.

Sure asteroids are 'bigger' than most meteors but the Earths being hit constantly by hundreds (maybe thousands) of pieces of rock every minute, every day, night, month and year.

So no, I dont believe were reeling them in, its just business as usual, its just alot more people are paying attention to certain things thanks to all the hype.

edit:- As Xcalibur254 said...
edit on 12-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

edit on 12-12-2012 by tgidkp because: off topic

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Hi - I thought that might be the case - could you put up a link to your sources please, I'd like to have a look at that!

Thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

The JPL has a site specifically for Near Earth Objects.
Near-Earth Object Program

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Its odd that as all that was happening unbeknownst to me, I was re-discovering a saturday morning cartoon I watched as a kid. I could feel some sort of synchronicity going on with the intro. Watch it and you'll see what I mean.

edit on 12-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join