It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Of Lakes And Rivers Now Unprotected In Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thats CONSERVATIVE politicians for you, we see how they operate down here in America also. They choose big businesses and corporations over our environment. They HATE environment regulations and if they had their way, every lake, pond, stream would be polluted as to save the fat-cats some money that they would spend on taking environmental-friendly approaches to their waste. But its ALL ABOUT MONEY with Corporations, big-business, and Conservatives.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No one chose "big corporations" over anything in this. Stop and think for just a moment, pretty please with a cherry on top. Just throwing out knee-jerk talking-point platitudes is keeping you from thinking, and it's not something I'm innocent of either so bear with me a moment, this isn't being insulting or mean or trolling.

Removing the protected status of a lot of fresh waters with no, repeat, no human threats on them now or truly in the forseeable future frees up money to (rimshots please!, thank you drummer) spend the money on waters/other natural resources that ARE under threat, And Canada has a LOT to protect. They cannot spend every dime protecting everything, everywhere, all the time with same intensity.

Best analogy I can think of offhand is a particularly incompetent Union General named McClellan, I'm sure most people on ATS have at least heard the name but here's why he was Lincoln's second biggest mistake after choosing Johnson as a VP. He tried to do exactly what I was descibing above, only from a military standpoint. He tried to give "full" defensive protection to every place, all the time, And he got his azz kicked repeatedly, over and over. He outnumbered his opponent in every engagement, and still lost. Why? Because he did not focus on what needed his attention most AT THAT TIME. By spreading himself thinner than he needed to be over and over again, both tactically and strategically, he repeatedly led losing battles.

Not spending money where it's not needed isn't being reckless, it's being prudent. Canada may have a lot of Maple trees but they don't have any that grow Loonies. And nothing in this recent move prevents responsible oversight from taking place if/when any of these waters do come under threat.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Snoil because: typo

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I really don't understand the purpose of your avatar OP... what is it supposed to mean?
To me it represents a twisted mind... but you seem to be perfectly healthy in your logic.
This said, they are winding down the industries, this is only the early stages.
Civil wars will result all over the globe.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Patrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrol

Means a little more than just a bill to First Nations in Canada... check out www.idlenomore.ca

top topics

<< 1   >>

join