It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caroline Wozniaki labelled a racist for impersonating Serena Williams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think Wozniaki rules.

What on earth is racist about this? Do only African Americans have this particular distinct body shape? Serena Williams is the only person I am aware of that can play tennis with that body type.

One blogger on Tumblr posted: "...this isn’t 'harmless fun' as one article described it. its racist. out and outright racism. mocking and making fun of the bodies of black women for a laugh? real funny, stupid white girl. real real funny." Another blogger said: "It may have been done in 'jest,' but I love how people can can turn a black woman’s body and sexuality into a caricature. However, we should not have the autonomy to celebrate any successes of our own."

www.news.com.au...

Cant people take a joke these days? Is everything racist? Reminds me of when that guy got called racist because he said Obama was articulate. It seems like the public is growing tired of this hysterical nonsense which is a good thing.

edit on 11-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Anti Racist is just a code word for Anti-White.
As long as your black you can say whatever you want, like ... "stupid white girls!"

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I could never understand how so many people can say that Serena Williams is beautiful. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but she has the broad shoulders and muscles of a man. Her face is not pretty at all IMO. Yet, I always heard her referred to as beautiful.

I think that's why we have this brouhaha now. A female tennis player that is actually attractive, and happens to be white, makes fun of Serena.

Serena, you got owned, suck it up.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis

As long as your black you can say whatever you want, like ... "stupid white girls!"

They must not watch SNL....

They make fun of any body that's worth the time and ratings.....

Yet no one mentions their crass jokes at others expense.
Because it's just that.....A JOKE.

People have no sense of humor any more.

Our society has turned into a "touchy-feely" type of society.
Pitiful really....

Here our economy is in the tank, turmoil over seas and yet we have some people that are more upset about what some one did when playing tennis???

Get a life.....
Shallow..... very shallow minded.

edit on 11-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Everything is racist now. Time to just embrace it and enjoy babbling buffoons make fools of themselves.
It will be unfortunate when something genuinely racist occurs and every rational person will ignore because of the boys who constantly cry "Wolf!"

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I could never understand how so many people can say that Serena Williams is beautiful. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but she has the broad shoulders and muscles of a man. Her face is not pretty at all IMO. Yet, I always heard her referred to as beautiful.

I think that's why we have this brouhaha now. A female tennis player that is actually attractive, and happens to be white, makes fun of Serena.

Serena, you got owned, suck it up.

Thank you. I also think she does look a bit manly.

"mocking the bodies of black girls"

She's not mocking black women's bodies, she's mocking Serena's, just ignorant and other outwardly racist people would love to think that, because apparently 'insult a man and you've insulted his brother'. And I just hate those terms. 'White' and 'Black'. For all intensive purposes, Tom is Tom, and John is John. Not Tom is 'that white guy' or John is 'that black guy'.

I'm sorry but it's annoying to see this kind of stuff, people acting like they've been offended when someone mocks a completely different person. I'm Jamaican, and I've never though of myself as African-American, they are wholly different people. Just like a German knows they are German and not Hispanic, but know that Germans and Spaniards are both Caucasian. I wonder what goes through some of these people's heads when they try to act like their feelings have been hurt. It's disgusting.
edit on 11-12-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Heck, y'all are much more generous than I. I had always assumed that her parents chose to go with a girl upon being told their newborn was a hermaphrodite. They're .1% - 1% of our total population. However, upon reading up on this to respond here, it seems as if the PC germ has hit this population which is offended by the term "hermaphrodite", and prefers the term "intersex". I'm not sure why, so if anyone knows, please educate us!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
And Jamie Foxx is a racist for laughing about killing all the white people in a movie he was in. Ha ha. Funny.

Whites don't like racism either, so shove it where the sun ain't shining.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis

STARS!

new topics

top topics

join